Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #43
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
I'm sure you could run the 100hp jets with the stock tune. remember, this motor is DI. fuel and timing are metered way beyond that of a regular EFI motor. not to mention, the high cr of this motor... its going to love nitrous.

numbers dont do anything but look pretty during bench races

wanna know how I feel about nitrous?

very nice man. I've always said the easiest way to double your power level is to start low.

seriously tho, those are some bad ass torque numbers

bah. 200 progressive shot on this beast!
thats very impressive for a 6 cylinder mustang! wow nice

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #44
baclarsen

Drives: 2010 Camaro lt1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
Why does anyone mod anything? Because they can.

Lighter, cheaper, far more technologically advanced and a few years from now when forced induction becomes more common...going to be a stormer. I also personally hate the fake mail slot of the SS, but that's just me.

426hp is fun, but you deal with the gas guzzling aspect even if you try and baby it all the time. Lightly modded 6's will retain their driving style, probably increase MPG slightly and still be able to romp around when asked. If you want fast right out of the box, and feel like dropping 4-10K more on the car depending on options, then SS's are an easy choice. If you enjoy a far more techie engine and think of the car as more of a sports coupe than a muscle car, the 6 is a no brainier.

I'm bias, turbo 6's FTW.
Don't get me wrong I'm getting the v-6. But to say I'll tromp on an 8 just by adding nitrus is at best disingenuous. What happens when the 8's do the same mod's ...... 700+ HP. All i'm looking at will be taillights.
baclarsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #45
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I still have my old Marvin Miller set up from... about 30 years ago. It advertised 100 HP but an article said it was really about 75.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:47 AM   #46
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
anyone get any more info on this kit or maybe have one? im intrested but man if i blow up my motor i would be PISSED!
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:01 AM   #47
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
anyone get any more info on this kit or maybe have one? im intrested but man if i blow up my motor i would be PISSED!
As far as I know, nobody has guinea pigged it yet.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:12 AM   #48
gameovergt
G@M30v3RgT

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 DIB
had nitrous on my 1996 GT & 2000 Trans Am. Its not the HP that gets it moving but the almost double output of TQ when it hits. FUN FUN FUN!
gameovergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #49
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
hhhmmmmmm... well, if u people all chip in and buy it plus the installation cost I'll guinea pig the shit but low shots of course. Eh, gotta start somewhere... never used the stuff, when do you actually use it..? when your pedal to the metal so to speak or can u push this crap from the start? Someone please enlighten me with the damn joys of Nitrous
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #50
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
hhhmmmmmm... well, if u people all chip in and buy it plus the installation cost I'll guinea pig the shit but low shots of course. Eh, gotta start somewhere... never used the stuff, when do you actually use it..? when your pedal to the metal so to speak or can u push this crap from the start? Someone please enlighten me with the damn joys of Nitrous
N2O install is pretty easy... just need to layout everything in advance and decide where you are going to mount every thing... really not a bad job at all...

When do you actually use it? At the track! LOL! I believe it is illegal to run on the street, at least in most states...

Now... when do you "activate" it... there are 2 main factor for when your system should "spray", 1. WOT and 2. RPMs.

You do not want to spray unless unless you are Wide Open Throttle. Spraying at part throttle with a wet system like the Zex can result in "pooling" which can lead to a N20 backfires.. which is a bad thing! With a "wet" system like the Zex you are spraying both N20 and gasoline into your intake. By being WOT, you are making sure you have enough "sucking" to pull all the gas into the motor...

Next you don't want to spray unless you are above a certain RPM level, usually want to be above 2500 RPMs at a minimum... maybe even closer to 3000 RPM. You may always want to stop spraying as you approach the redline... You use a "window switch" to control when the system should spray based on RPM... A lot of window switches can also be setup so you don't start spraying until say 2nd or 3rd gear..

Thing about N20 is it is very addictive.... you will start out with the small shot but soon you will be wanting more and more!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #51
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
N2O install is pretty easy... just need to layout everything in advance and decide where you are going to mount every thing... really not a bad job at all...

When do you actually use it? At the track! LOL! I believe it is illegal to run on the street, at least in most states...

Now... when do you "activate" it... there are 2 main factor for when your system should "spray", 1. WOT and 2. RPMs.

You do not want to spray unless unless you are Wide Open Throttle. Spraying at part throttle with a wet system like the Zex can result in "pooling" which can lead to a N20 backfires.. which is a bad thing! With a "wet" system like the Zex you are spraying both N20 and gasoline into your intake. By being WOT, you are making sure you have enough "sucking" to pull all the gas into the motor...

Next you don't want to spray unless you are above a certain RPM level, usually want to be above 2500 RPMs at a minimum... maybe even closer to 3000 RPM. You may always want to stop spraying as you approach the redline... You use a "window switch" to control when the system should spray based on RPM... A lot of window switches can also be setup so you don't start spraying until say 2nd or 3rd gear..

Thing about N20 is it is very addictive.... you will start out with the small shot but soon you will be wanting more and more!
Scrming is that a new set of rims on your ride by chance looks like it from your sig. Please do tell
Old 05-01-2010, 07:25 PM   #52
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Scrming is that a new set of rims on your ride by chance looks like it from your sig. Please do tell
Yep.....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80539
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #53
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:

Man those are hot
Old 05-02-2010, 12:48 AM   #54
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:

Thanks my friend for the lesson I had no clue with the stuff.
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #55
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Quote:

Couple of points.
Nitrous is not illegal to run on the street. It is illegal to buy medical grade nitrous. Which is why shops sell Nitrous+, which has a small amount of sulfer dioxide in it so it smells like rotten eggs to deter "sniffing" it. There is no performance difference between the 2 in you engine.

The Zex kits have a nifty management system that adjusts fuel delivery based on bottle pressure, so the ratio is always correct, and an electroic TPS switch so the unit activates only at WOT. Probably the easiest nitrous install out there.

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:25 AM   #56
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue View Post
Couple of points.
Nitrous is not illegal to run on the street. It is illegal to buy medical grade nitrous. Which is why shops sell Nitrous+, which has a small amount of sulfer dioxide in it so it smells like rotten eggs to deter "sniffing" it. There is no performance difference between the 2 in you engine.

The Zex kits have a nifty management system that adjusts fuel delivery based on bottle pressure, so the ratio is always correct, and an electroic TPS switch so the unit activates only at WOT. Probably the easiest nitrous install out there.
First... I have great respect for your posts and all the great info you provide... but everything i see says that actually spraying on a public street is illegal... unfortunately I can't find anything solid to back that up... guess I will have to keep digging! LOL