Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #29
suavecito1177

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS CGM, Black H/H
I just got off work guys, and the shop is closed, but I will head over there first thing tomorrow morning and get it for you. I need to get my old parts back anyways. The install was pretty cheap about a bill for the res. and another 200 for the labor and 60 for the tips. I think the cheapest axle-back out is around 400, but that still leaves you with 2.25" pipe from your h-pipe to the axle-back and that didn't sit well with me. More CFM more HP. Same with the intake. G5CR intake is what I used, high flow oil-less filter like K&N and a CNC machined MAP sensor unit type holder thing-a-ma-bob. Paid 169 for that.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:38 PM   #30
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by suavecito1177 View Post
I just got off work guys, and the shop is closed, but I will head over there first thing tomorrow morning and get it for you. I need to get my old parts back anyways. The install was pretty cheap about a bill for the res. and another 200 for the labor and 60 for the tips. I think the cheapest axle-back out is around 400, but that still leaves you with 2.25" pipe from your h-pipe to the axle-back and that didn't sit well with me. More CFM more HP. Same with the intake. G5CR intake is what I used, high flow oil-less filter like K&N and a CNC machined MAP sensor unit type holder thing-a-ma-bob. Paid 169 for that.
"more CFM more HP"

well... that maybe not be 100% accurate.

I'm guessing there is more restriction upstream in the cats and possibly heads...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #31
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by suavecito1177 View Post
From what I've been reading more CFM can mean less backpressure which can mean less low end torque and more higher end HP. Not an ideal trade off on this car.
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #32
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcamp View Post
From what I've been reading more CFM can mean less backpressure which can mean less low end torque and more higher end HP. Not an ideal trade off on this car.
probably not going to be an issue if you keep the stock cats...
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #33
suavecito1177

Ill be dynoing it here soon and we can get some real numbers. I don't plan on changing the cats since no tuning is available on the ECM. Well, IMO going from 2.25 to 2.5 and back to 2.25 is kinda wacko, but then again it's chevy and from what ive seen and felt on this camaro it works.
I don't want to spend to much money swapping my exhaust for this one or that one. The Mag sounds and feels good so I may stick with it for awhile till I get the MBRP or boost. Then it's 3" all the way.

One thing I might do it remove the h-pipe and move the Mag close to the tranny to get my cross-brass back then add in some 40 series mags before the tips. But, thats after the 24" and 22" stagered, sport suspension and body kit.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #34
suavecito1177

Been busy guys, but the part # on the Mganaflow is the 12568.
Here is the link
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8204

My pricing on the MBRP S7020 cat-back kit for the V6 is $895 plus shipping.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
tcamp

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
Thanks for the update man. I think the guy may be wrong though. Look at the picture of the muffler. He says its a 5x11 muffler? If the output pipes are 2.5" and say there's .5" on the outside on either side thats a total of 6". That means there would be a solid 5" between the two pipes and judging by the picture there is no way.

I really think this is the 5x8 muffler.
tcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #36
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcamp View Post
Thanks for the update man. I think the guy may be wrong though. Look at the picture of the muffler. He says its a 5x11 muffler? If the output pipes are 2.5" and say there's .5" on the outside on either side thats a total of 6". That means there would be a solid 5" between the two pipes and judging by the picture there is no way.

I really think this is the 5x8 muffler.
I think you might be right.

PART #: 12468

PART #: 12568
Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #37
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
suavecito1177 - Any chance of getting some out of car take-off and drive-by videos?

I'm kind of digging the sound of that Magnaflow...it's kind of like the Corsa cat-back kit sound but not quite as clean or pure. But at 1/5th the price of the Corsa, I could live with it.

Any raspiness or drone with that setup?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #38
suavecito1177

I'll get under the car tomorrow and meassure just to be sure. I was gonna get some drive-bys WOT and at cruising speed. Also some take-offs. She is actually starting to sound better IMO, she has a little more of a rumble between 2-3k.

Zero raspyness and haven't noticed any drone, but I'm always blasting some Nickleback or House.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:13 AM   #39
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Sounds better with the magnaflow
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #40
bkkendrick

Drives: 2010 camaro 1lt RS Red
i wonder what it would have sounded like if you had the magnaflow where it is now and added the resonators where the stock muflers should be or if you had the aftermarket resonaters where the stock where and had to magnaflow muflers as well i think it would sound way different and would be real curious to hear it
bkkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:54 PM   #41
gwbates3
Ruby & Blu Imp

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SSRS M6 & LLT RS A6
Anyone toyed around with the idea of the old vette look outside the body with exits before the rear tires? Can you say "Cherry Bombs"?

"I'm just a wild and crazy guy." - Steve Martin
Old 12-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #42
Sonny
Sonny

Drives: Camaro RS
Thanks for posting this thread. I have heard the video clip and sounds great on idle my opinion. Im currently looking into replacing my factory exhaust. I want an idle sound like that deep throaty as close as i can to let's say a V8, but don't want the raspy sound when im driving. But i just love when im sitting on idle to here the deep rumble sound.

what kind of set up would you recomned for header, to x pipe and exhaust etc... also i ran into a really cool product on the YouTube called a QTP Exhaust Cut out with wireless remote. WOW! so cool as you can turn it on and off when you want. Im wondering as to wht you guys think about the QTP ?? And what type of exhaust set up, and brand muffler is should get ?? To achive a deep thraoty V8 type sound on idle but with no rasp and back fire when driving on the hightway... also i ran into a video form Dyno max and they claim they have this worked out as far as very little rasp yet deep throaty sound on V6 on idle. I would love to hear a sound cluip of this on a NEW Camaro V6... to confirm.
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote