Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #267
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Tim Adams, outstanding work. Maybe with much, much more practice I can get close to this quality.
Thanks.

2020 C8 ordered!!

"The greatest sound in the world is a Rolls Royce Merlin over 100 inches"

www.timadamsphotography.com
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #268
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcard View Post
Tim Adams, outstanding work. Maybe with much, much more practice I can get close to this quality.

Beautiful shots!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 PM   #269
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blog...opstories.html

A pilot was killed at an air show this weekend in Iowa after his Soviet Cold War era jet crashed into a nearby field.
Three jets in tight formation rumbled over the crowd at the Quad-City Air Show in Davenport, Iowa Saturday when one of the pilots appeared to lose control of his plane.
A home video captured the pilots going into a complicated maneuver, switching places mid-air and "passing within inches of each other" before a dive straight down.
"He went down into the ground and he burst into flames… I was instantly in tears because I knew more than likely he didn't survive," a witness told ABC news.
The pilot's name has not been released.
Assistant Davenport Police Chief Don Schaeffer told the Associated Press that the pilot "never had an opportunity to come out of it."
The smoking wreckage of the Soviet l-39 jet was found in a nearby alfalfa field.
Officials said the investigation is ongoing.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #270
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Sad to see that crash.

We'll see what happens with the investigation. Couldn't tell if they hit, but the pilot did seem to turn it...then just kept going straight into the ground.

All three planes looked to be pulling higher G maneuvers, not sure if that would be enough to black out. Also not sure of the age of the pilot. It almost looked like the pilot lost consciousness during a hard banked pullup, and maybe rolled too much and thought he was going level before he recovered vision or consciousness. The other pilot did the opposite maneuver going to the left, and you can see him going at a more level turn.

Total speculation on my part...
Old 09-02-2012, 10:20 PM   #271
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
My company is sending me here at the end of Sept.

http://www.apstraining.com

To take this course

http://www.apstraining.com/upset-rec...de-stall-spin/
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:58 AM   #272
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
My company is sending me here at the end of Sept.

http://www.apstraining.com

To take this course

http://www.apstraining.com/upset-rec...de-stall-spin/
I used to work for that company. They are a great group of people!

Old 09-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #273
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Nice Airplane ShnOMac.
When learning to fly back in late 70's was fortunate to have an Instuctor with a background in Aerobatics who loved Unusual Attitudes and Spin Recoveries. Probably the most valuable instruction one can have.

RIP was horrible to see that. Have they ID'd the pilot yet?Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Witnessing an accident like that is something you never forget. :(

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #274
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Nice Airplane ShnOMac.
When learning to fly back in late 70's was fortunate to have an Instuctor with a background in Aerobatics who loved Unusual Attitudes and Spin Recoveries. Probably the most valuable instruction one can have.
(
I wish I could claim that plane as mine but it belonged to the company that I worked for.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #275
SSBUSDRVR

Everyone. A while back I started another photo/video/BS link awhile back with some pics of SuperCorsairs over AZ (maybe threads can be merged?)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197982

Sad to report Bob Odegaard lost his life Friday when his Super Corsair crashed while practicing for an Airshow. RIP Bob.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #276
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Oh no.:(

My condolences to his family and friends.

We had the pleasure of seeing Bob and his gorgeous Super Corsair at Oshkosh this summer. A double loss for the Warbird community. Very sad.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #277
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Everyone. A while back I started another photo/video/BS link awhile back with some pics of SuperCorsairs over AZ (maybe threads can be merged?)
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197982

Sad to report Bob Odegaard lost his life Friday when his Super Corsair crashed while practicing for an Airshow. RIP Bob.
What a terrible loss for the warbird community. Any prelimanary cause or witness accounts?
Old 09-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #278
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
all these planes... and no one mentions one of my favorites...

the first jet fighter ever?

Me 262

then there's also another fav... the ME Bf 109

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #279
ripcard
INJACC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/IO 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
...then there's also another fav... the ME Bf 109

And one with the correct Daimler inverted V-12.
Your picture? If so, where was it taken?

I would love to get a chance to photograph any another Messerschmitt. This is the only one I've managed to get so far.

[IMG][/IMG]
Pedders Xa Coilovers & Sways w/Fe4, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms & Tie Rods, Forgestar CF5s, ZL1 Brakes, 1LE 3.91 Diff, Pedders Cradle Bushings, MGW STS, BTR Stage II Cam, Fluidampr U/D Pulley, Performance Redline Dyno Tune, CAI & Apex Scoop, Pfadt Tri-Y Headers w/HF Cats, Magnaflow 3" Cat Back, RX Catch Can, VMax TB, Billet Tunnel Brace, SRP Pedals, Skip Shift, Seibon CF Hood & ST Trunk, 1LE Splitter, ZL1 Rockers & Diffuser, Heritage Grill, F & R Sparks "SS" badges, Billet Door Handles, Tint, Technostalgia Tail Lights, AAC Side Markers, BlackVue dash cam and my favourite accessory...Litho #163.
ripcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #280
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
What a terrible loss for the warbird community. Any prelimanary cause or witness accounts?
Nothing yet. One eyewitness stated he was in a barrel roll and didn't pull out and another stated it appeared he was trying to bail out.:(

Goodyear F2G-2 Super Corsair, N5577N
IDENTIFICATION Regis#: 5577N Make/Model: F2G Description: CORSAIR Date: 09/07/2012 Time: 2310 Event Type: Accident Highest Injury: Fatal Mid Air: N Missing: N Damage: DestroyedLOCATION City: VALLEY CITY State: ND Country: USDESCRIPTION AIRCRAFT CRASHED WHILE PRACTICING FOR AN AIRSHOW. VALLEY CITY, NDINJURY DATA Total Fatal: 1 # Crew: 0 Fat: 1 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: # Pass: 0 Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: # Grnd: Fat: 0 Ser: 0 Min: 0 Unk: OTHER DATA Activity: Other Phase: Maneuver Operation: OTHER FAA FSDO: FARGO, ND (GL21) Entry date: 09/10/2012
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

FMS Arrival fixes into DCA
Attached Images

Last edited by SSBUSDRVR; 09-11-2012 at 10:01 PM.