Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #141
mbrusco103

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS (M6) 427 Twin Turbo
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Mean Chevy View Post
Then, somewhere in California the guy at the Dealership said on the phone.
Hopefully it will come to jersey soon :5thgenvert:

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS ERL 427 M6 TT
-AGP Twin Turbo 55/57 .83ar | ERL 427ci | Squash Fuel System | Stainless Works Chambered 3" | Mcleod RXT | Factory Hurst Short Throw | Black Forgestar F14s | CTS V 6 Piston Brembo | VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood | Anvil Carbon Fiber Spoiler
mbrusco103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #142
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrusco103 View Post
Hopefully it will come to jersey soon :5thgenvert:
yeah they really need to bring one to jersey

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 PM   #143
323speedracer

Drives: Veyron 16.4
dude, how old are you?
what do you do for a living?
can you even drive stick?
323speedracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:14 PM   #144
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
oh yeah, i forgot about SEMA. I figured it would be at a dealership...my bad.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:30 PM   #145
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 323speedracer View Post
dude, how old are you?
what do you do for a living?
can you even drive stick?
I'm 37, look 18..
I do special work for NASA
do I drive a stick??? come on, I drove in NASCAR for 8 years...

But seriously about the stick, I haven't ever driven one on the road, but I have driven my dads truck around the neighborhood..I have gotten very smooth with it and I will take it on the road a few times before I drive my camaro,(cause my first attempt on the road will not be in the new car)
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:21 PM   #146
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
Did they actually put you on the list for your order? Did you ask what number you are?

Orders can't be entered until 10/13 so for now you are just a name on a list. Hopefully you are high enough up on that list to be in their first allocation.
NO WAY!!!
OMFG that's my birthday, this camaro was MADE for me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #147
Camaro0911

Drives: 2002 Chevy Impala
I live in snellville, GA which is close to that dealership. Im going to take a few hours off of work and stop there. I cant wait.
Camaro0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:47 PM   #148
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro0911 View Post
I live in snellville, GA which is close to that dealership. Im going to take a few hours off of work and stop there. I cant wait.
Hold your horses, It was there for only 5hours on Monday. Its gone now, to Vegas. The guy on the phone at the Dealership said they had it back on the truck right at 5pm.
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #149
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
I applaud your decision to buy a stick shift. Get used to driving one though. I betcha the Camaro will be a lot easier to drive than your dad's truck.

I learned to drive a stick when I was younger. About 17, but I wasn't very smooth when I finally bought my GTO. But unless you do clutch dumps all the time then your'e not likely to burn out your clutch fast. I'd say it might be a good idea to let someone else drive it home for you. That way you can get it in your own neighborhood and get used to it there. I was a little rusty when I drove my GTO back and was incredibly nervous. A lady pulled up right on my tail in a minivan on a hill and I freaked out. I got a little wheelspin pulling away from that light and that was technically the first burnout I did in my GTO.

You've got plenty of time to get in a few drives. You'll get used to it and likely love it.

Driving enthusiasts generally love manual transmissions.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:41 PM   #150
Kershaw

Drives: Red 2007 Sierra classic on 20s
Agreed, stick is definitely the way to go. I had a little experience driving stick from old farm trucks, but my real test was my senior prom last year when my local chevy dealer owner (my friend's dad) lent me a used 2007 bmw Z4 to drive for a couple of days. I don't think I could ever own an automatic sportscar now.
Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:32 AM   #151
jrodgt

Drives: cyber gray 2lt Rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
oh boy....

a word from the wise.

while you may be the cool guy with a nice ride when you get the car... less you parents are pitching in half of the overall price to keep your monthly payment below 300 a month, some things you might want to consider:

-30k over 4 years @ 7.5% is a $725 a month finance payment.
-insurance on a clear licensed 19 year old driving a 425hp v8 will be at least $200 a month
-depending on driving distance, your gas cost per month at 3.50/gallon will be $120 a month.

now, that alone is $1045 per month for you to have an ss.

that's not even that bad. you can push and pull those numbers with different things (parents help/large downpayment, better insurance, better prime rate, longer finanace terms) but one way or another, you need to be making 2000 a month to live normally outside of the money that goes into your car.

so unless your making 18/hour doing something; just a cautionary heads up. you may want to go down a little bit of a humbler path then a 30k car at the age of 19; not because i dont want to see another 2010 v8 out there somewhere, but because working a 40 hour week (regardless of pay) + school + a social life = alot of pain.

like i said, a word from the wise. buy a top line ss when you can afford to spare the money (like i can via having worked my ass off by the age of 23, so that next feb... an ss isn't gonna hurt my pockets).

your young, dont tie yourself into working like a horse when you should be off drinking with girls and having the time of your life.

----

in any case, best of luck. i'm throughly jealous of your opprotunity to sit in the car.
yea you are right... i will be getting the LT RS so i expect it to be around 1 grand a month total or maybe a bit less which is ok but thanks im a waiter and iv'e been saving my tips for a while so i think ill be ok
Old 10-01-2008, 12:34 AM   #152
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodgt View Post
yea you are right... i will be getting the LT RS so i expect it to be around 1 grand a month total or maybe a bit less which is ok but thanks im a waiter and iv'e been saving my tips for a while so i think ill be ok
please tell me you have a career path beyond waitering
Old 10-01-2008, 12:53 AM   #153
jrodgt

Drives: cyber gray 2lt Rs
haha yea i am also in college and i am studying biochemistry so as you can tell i am working hard and i feel the need to spoil myself with this car... i really have nothing to spend on since im still 19 and live with my parents...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #154
craig c

Drives: 07 solstice gxp
wtg Justin,
don't worry about all these people trying to jack with your head. I bought a new 82 vette at 21 when the salesmen wouldn't even talk to me because of my age, drove it till my daughter was born, car seat doesn't fit. $800 a month before gas.
Enjoy I also going to order 1, Craig
craig c is offline   Reply With Quote