Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #267
Plexi

Drives: black 2011
Quote:
Seems like they could simply program the 6th gear RPM level to hit 1400 instead and leave the rest alone. Not sure how much the actual gearing has to do with this versus software programming.
Yes, i also suggested this. Or at least let them give it a try so they would know for sure if it soved the problem. Which i agree,with this issue,it just seems its shifting and laboring, and whenever hit hits around 1100 rpm thats when it happens. Some of the other things may be other problems that are different.
Like if you have vibrations when the car is parked and just started. This may be things like exhaust,or torque converter.
And as most things, GM or other companys seem they don't want to deal with fixing a design flaw. They have some bean counter figure out the cost to have it fixed.
Maybe it makes them look bad. But they dont' seem to look at how many new buyers, or buyers of their cars they drive away by NOT stepping up and just fixing and making all happy.
Most times you won't see them do anything unless its causing accidents,or they are forced by law.
I still think they know the fix, and the problem. They just aren't going to do anything. The only problems i have had are the vibrations,and the right rear whell popping when you put it in reverse to back up.
Don't know if that is the brake or a bushing. But that too, is a known problem that many others have wrote in about. My car has less than 5000 mi on it.

And i have had it serviced once for oil change etc. I asked them about those problems,and they seem to not know anything,or don't want to know. but they never even checked them.
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #268
TheB3

Drives: 2012 Black 2LS
Same problem happening 2012 Camaro V6

I started experiencing the same vibration with my 2012 Camaro V6 this week.
It has a little over 7300 miles now and I've never experienced it before driving it every single day from home to work and my driving patterns didn't change.

The only two things that were different from the previous months were the oil change a couple weeks ago and a creepy gas station that I stopped by last week to get about 10 gallons of gas.

I didn't bring it to the dealer yet. I was trying to find a clue on the web before doing it and found this thread. Could only read through page 3 for now, as I am in my job right now and got tons to do.

I'll try read all of it later tonight but I wonder if has anyone experienced it on a 2012 after a while, and not from day one as I've read on the first posts.

Thank you guys
TheB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 PM   #269
phantomblackgto

Drives: 2011 Summit White V6 RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have you taken it to the dealership for a proper diagnosis? Please let us know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

No. Doesn't really seem all that abnormal to me (at least so far). I don't take any of my cars to the dealer for service unless absolutely necessary as a last resort. Bottom line; I just don't trust them to take the same level of diligence and care with my cars or trucks as I know I will. I own three GM vehicles and three Toyotas bought from four different dealerships and I won't use any one of them for service.
phantomblackgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #270
tnkrup

Drives: '12 VR Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB3 View Post
I started experiencing the same vibration with my 2012 Camaro V6 this week.
It has a little over 7300 miles now and I've never experienced it before driving it every single day from home to work and my driving patterns didn't change.

The only two things that were different from the previous months were the oil change a couple weeks ago and a creepy gas station that I stopped by last week to get about 10 gallons of gas.

I didn't bring it to the dealer yet. I was trying to find a clue on the web before doing it and found this thread. Could only read through page 3 for now, as I am in my job right now and got tons to do.

I'll try read all of it later tonight but I wonder if has anyone experienced it on a 2012 after a while, and not from day one as I've read on the first posts.

Thank you guys

My torque converter started acting up at about 7000 miles. Got it replaced and drove like new. I am at almost 12000 miles now and the same problem has started again. So, I suspect that it is more than just a torque converter issue. There has to be something that is causing the torque converter to take a sh*t. Another person on this thread has the same issue. Either that or these torque converters from GM are garbage.

Also keep in mind, my car was not lowered, had no aftermarket rims, and no engine mods before the issue occured the first time. I made sure to get it fixed before I started doing anything major to the car. So, GM cannot blame it on the mods. Plus, there are quite a few people complaining about this issue now hence the bulletins out for this vibration issue.

Roto Fab CAI | RX Catch Can | BMR 1" springs
20" XXR 006 wheels | Oracle LED lighting

Last edited by tnkrup; 08-17-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: add on
tnkrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #271
Andy ME

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Hello, my 1st post is about a bad torque converter

I have a 2012 v6 automatic, it has 15,000 miles on it. I started feeling the vibration on acceleration about a month ago. It got so bad that I finally made an appointment at the dealer where I bought the car last December. I took it in last Friday, they have had it since.

Before I brought it in I googled "2012 camaro vibration" and found this site. They told me today it is the torque converter and that they will replace it tommorow.

My concern is that if the replace the torque converter with one that is the same as the old it will happen again. I would like to know exactly why they are failing.

Andy
Andy ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #272
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy ME View Post
I have a 2012 v6 automatic, it has 15,000 miles on it. I started feeling the vibration on acceleration about a month ago. It got so bad that I finally made an appointment at the dealer where I bought the car last December. I took it in last Friday, they have had it since.

Before I brought it in I googled "2012 camaro vibration" and found this site. They told me today it is the torque converter and that they will replace it tommorow.

My concern is that if the replace the torque converter with one that is the same as the old it will happen again. I would like to know exactly why they are failing.

Andy
I am sorry for the frustrations you are experiencing. Please let us know what they were able to figure out the exact issue. We are available for any comments or questions!

Brandon
Old 08-23-2012, 03:22 PM   #273
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Hey this is my first time posting for this issue, its not as dramatic as others where the pedals start shaking. It occurs at 1700 rpms in all gears but most notably at 5th and 6th gear. It sounds like metal vibrating, so at first i told my dealer to check the heat shielding. They did and no dice, still have this weird noise/vibration. The thing that throws me off is that if it was some thing loose it would happen at all rpms you would think and in neutral (which i tried, holding it at 1700 rpms no noise or vibration.). I can't find any thing on google or this forum this is the closest thread I've found. I have a 2012 v6, with 22,000 miles on it, its 1ls manual transmission. Is it possible it can be the torque converter?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #274
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
manual transmission cars do not have a torque converter.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #275
Adrenaline12

well, scratch that off the list of maybes. any one else have a problem related to the what I posted?
Adrenaline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 08:44 PM   #276
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Unhappy Shuddering Vibration Began Today

Posted in another thread as well. Does anyoneon have specific inforamtion on TSB/ Has one been issued? I have found the GM document describing the problem in CTS and Camaro V6 automatics. Dallen, in the other thread, stated he had been told when his was diagnosed that there was a new torque converter--new part number--that was being used in the replacement. I have not seen anything confirming that. Does anyone have an update? Trying to be prepared when I take it to the dealer for their diagnosis; I'd like to get it right the first time. Car give me Permagrin; service departments and warranty work gives me--at minimum--Tempfrown!:(
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #277
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
bump. Any fixes yet?

I can't tell the results

Is their a problem?
Is the problem able to be fixed?
Is it natural and keep the car out 6th under 50 mph?
The torque converter eliminate the vibration temporarily?
Does the trifecta tune fix the problem?
Why is the "fix" only 2012 cars?

Last edited by Synerbee; 09-09-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #278
Adrenaline12

Come to find out the catalytic converter went bad after 17000 miles go figure. Part is being replaced under warranty when it arrives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-04-2012, 12:40 PM   #279
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synerbee View Post
bump. Any fixes yet?

I can't tell the results

Is their a problem?
Is the problem able to be fixed?
Is it natural and keep the car out 6th under 50 mph?
The torque converter eliminate it vibration temporarily?
Does the trifecta tune fix the problem?
Why is the "fix" only 2012 cars?
These are all great questions for your local dealership's service department. Are you currently experiencing an issue?

Brandon
Old 09-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #280
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
Posted in another thread as well. Does anyoneon have specific inforamtion on TSB/ Has one been issued? I have found the GM document describing the problem in CTS and Camaro V6 automatics. Dallen, in the other thread, stated he had been told when his was diagnosed that there was a new torque converter--new part number--that was being used in the replacement. I have not seen anything confirming that. Does anyone have an update? Trying to be prepared when I take it to the dealer for their diagnosis; I'd like to get it right the first time. Car give me Permagrin; service departments and warranty work gives me--at minimum--Tempfrown!:(

Had a bit of a TempFrown today in working with the service writer, but Frank Johnson, All American Chevrolet, Killeen TX, stepped up to the plate and diagnosed the problem as the torque converter! After test driver with Frank, he related that the replacement torque converters have an engineering change to prevent the problem we have experienced with torque converter "lock-up"! Car goes in Thursday for new TC install. Brandon provided excellent interface as well, giving me an alternate route to elevate if required. Fortunately, that doesn't appear to be necessary.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vibration v6 low rpm lugging