Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #113
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
I guess I am still going to wait on the Dale Jr. Dove tail spoiler. However, I may just buy one from Next Level Performance untill the real dove tail comes out.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:37 PM   #114
jeffclark533

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2000 Camaro
I have to say I think the RS emblem in the middle just looks cheap and awkward. It could be better. I hope it's not the final product and just a concept. I expect better from SLP.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #115
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Spoiler looks good. Needs a notch to compliment non sunroof cars. The hood looks like kife, like a slapped on WS6 leftover. SLP is always hit or miss and always overpriced.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #116
Karnage541

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT/RS Camaro
Sorry i hate it all
Old 09-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #117
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage541 View Post
Sorry i hate it all
LOL Stop holding back.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #118
eddie SS
ALWAYS A MARINE......!!!

Drives: 2010 camaro IOM/2SS/RS/sunroof
Send a message via AIM to eddie SS
I vote for the red(IOM) hood. The rims are not of my liking. The spoiler doesn't do anything for me. sorry, but not good.

Mods so far: SOLO Performance MACH XL cat-back exhaust, NOWEEDS exhaust diverters, Tinted windows, gas cap decal, bow tie black outs, Cold Air Inc CAI, Eibach Pro kit lowering springs

Mods I have but not installed yet: rear trunk black out, Diablosport Trinity

Future Mods: ARH long tube w/ high flow cats or Dynatech's SuperMaXX long tube w/ high flow cats, Maggie S/C
eddie SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #119
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
More people need to

I'm a happy customer of SLP from when I had my '00 SS and I'm surprised to see so many negative posts in this thread....it's already getting old.

The final products WILL be better fit/finish. I guess you just can't give people previews....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLP Performance View Post
Thanks for the feedback folks. Just to reiterate, one thing I made perfectly clear to anyone taking a look at the blue car - all items except for the wheels were pure prototype.

In fact, we overnighted the hood and spoiler from our Michigan facility and finished and shot them in our paint booth at 2am and then loaded our trailer at 9:00am to drive the 9 hours out to the event.

We had a contest going this weekend and that was to determine which hood we would build for the aftermarket. The choice was a hood that we had a rendering of which is very close to the ZL hood or the hood on the blue car. It looks like the red hood won, but we'll do the count later today or tomorrow.

The spoiler was also pure prototype and because we used a customer's V6 car to show, we simply taped the spoiler on to give you an idea of what was coming down the line. The spoiler is identical to the ZL575 spoiler with the exception that the spoiler extends over the body whereas the ZL spoiler stops at the trunk lid. The fit and finish will be first class, same fit and finish as what's on our Red ZL car. The production spoiler will be a light ABS part and the price will be $299.95.

As for the the RS and SS grille emblems. The parts were SLA (Rapid Prototype Parts) and the finished product will blend with the factory grille. The emblems are Unique to SLP as we've had several months of licensing agreements to finish with GM to be able to make them available. They are an official GM licensed product.

We are finishing up the tooling on many of the products and as production pieces are brought to me I will continue to show them to you and add them to the vehicles that we bring to shows. Although many of you have complained about fit/finish in the photographs, I would much rather go out to an event with a prototype item to gain feedback on potential product than to have had spent several thousands of dollars and have a product that you do not like.

Regards,

David @ Team SLP
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #120
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
i really like the rs hood scoop. How much????
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #121
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
The wheels!!!!! how much?

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:42 AM   #122
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think they run $1,275.

But, I need mine CGM to match my car...not black....

(oh, and I could do this all day. )
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:15 AM   #123
jr32312

Drives: 2010 5th Gen.....
Send a message via Yahoo to jr32312
Drivetrain stress

Is anyone else concerned that simply bolting on a supercharger, CAI and exhaust to bring it from 425 to 575 HP with a tune is probably gonna stress the rest of the drive train?

I know they are giving you 3/36 warranty, but seriously?

Will the engine/trans/torq tube/rear end stand up to this power?

I am almost ready to go in on one of these but just not feeling like this is really engineered..

Thoughts?

jr32312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 AM   #124
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
ive done alot of research trying to find a kit for my v6 and from what ive read everything is perfectly fine to hold that much hp..and its actually a small amount for what it has..but ive heard anything more than that just about is pushing it.. but something will have to be changed..you may need to go to another thread and ask these questions. that way you dont get flamed for post stealing..lol..
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 AM   #125
jr32312

Drives: 2010 5th Gen.....
Send a message via Yahoo to jr32312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
ive done alot of research trying to find a kit for my v6 and from what ive read everything is perfectly fine to hold that much hp..and its actually a small amount for what it has..but ive heard anything more than that just about is pushing it.. but something will have to be changed..you may need to go to another thread and ask these questions. that way you dont get flamed for post stealing..lol..
Thanks. I thought this was a thread about SLP mods, but i will find a better suited thread to post this.

jr32312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 AM   #126
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
Umm that Spoiler looks incomplete to me? Nice idea, but why can we see large gaps of light between the body and the new spoiler? I wouldn't buy that at all, it looks very cheap IMO. I like SLP and their work which is why I don't understand how they would let this spoiler make it to the public at an actual product launch and it's not even completed?

And that RS Badge, REALLY? Looks cheap. Sorry SLP but not for my money. Nice try though!
the holes underneath the spoiler are because the spoiler is taped on..i know whats up..these guys got excited and just wanted to share their excitment with you guys. the rs badge probably looks like a paper cut out because its a PROTOTYPE. and these guys just wanted your opinions before they actually go through and make the parts..please for tags sake and SLPs read the starter thread first before postings things like "its poorly put together" or "i can see holes unde the spoiler so its crap" there is a perfectly good explaination for the poor installation look..ITS HELD ON BY TWO WAY TAPE FOR THE MOMENT..now DAMN IT..you guys have me defending this thread now and i dont even have 1 product from SLP..im outta here..LOL.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote