Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-15-2016, 02:04 PM   #1
Amaples1

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Flashing CEL service stabillitrack

I have a 2010 camaro SS with 38k miles on it and a few modifications ( after market exhaust, headers, cam , and and a few others). I bought this car about two months ago and the CEL came on with a code saying a cylinder 2 misfire. Took it to back to the place I bought it and they checked it out and gave me a free tune up. They also talked with Chevy about it and said I needed to get my ecu reprogrammed because my exhaust system was causing it to read a misfire on a cold start but it wasnt misfiring and it was ok to drive.

Well just yesterday I was headed into work and I went over a pretty big puddle because it had been raining a lot. After I went over the puddle my CEL started to flash and said service stabillitrack and lit up all my traction control lights, I checked my gauges and nothing was changing. The flash went away and then it came back with the same result. Pulled over and turned the car off. Started her back up to see if I could at least make it to work since I was a few blocks away. CEL wasnt flashing and the stabillitrack service message wasnt there. I drove about 30mph to work and could hear this awful rattle when I accelerated but not when I idled.

So I called on star to run a diagnostics test and see what was going on. They said my emissions system was disrupted and I needed to get my car serviced in 7 days. I decided to drive it home and not have it towed and it never flashed again but it still remains illuminated and also still have that rattle. I plan on letting her sit overnight and taking her in tomorrow morning to be looked at. Also I did notice a day or two that when I would be in sport mode and in 1st gear my car would hesitate just a little when accelerating quickly from a complete stop.

From what I read up on it sounds like my catalytic converter may be compromised but I don't really know much about cars I just love to drive them. I do have an extended 6 year/ 100,000 mile warranty I purchased when I bought the car in April that I got thru the dealer and it already had all the modifications done do it so everything should be covered. I was just wanting some input from some of you guys who really know these bad boys inside and out. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to give all the details so you guys get the whole picture. Your input and advice is greatly appreciated!
Amaples1 is offline   Reply With Quote