Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What should be an option on the 1SS?
Leather heated seats 80 31.37%
Complete Convenience and Connectivity package 137 53.73%
Ambient Lighting 38 14.90%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #57
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Exactly Blownhotrodder whats up with that for the money your spending the C&C should have been included!! How do you have rubber wheel, shift knob, no cargo net, not blutooth in a car that cost 30+
Old 01-29-2009, 10:23 PM   #58
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by 383ss View Post
if I could have got the convenience and connectivity, I would have got a 1SS
Dido for me .

I'm not a fan of leather, but one of the reasons I'm not considering the 1SS is due to the fact that you can't even option for the full C&C package. Funny as it comes standard on the 2LT and 2SS models and is available on the 1LT, but for some strange reason it is not a consideration for the 1SS? What gives??
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #59
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Exactly Blownhotrodder whats up with that for the money your spending the C&C should have been included!! How do you have rubber wheel, shift knob, no cargo net, not blutooth in a car that cost 30+
Because you can have it in a car that costs 26,580. Sorry you don't like that the leather seats are part of it. In no way shape or form do I agree that C&C should have been included for 31k in a 1SS when you look at everything else you get (the engine being the biggest factor). I do agree that it should have been an option, but, yes, it should have been a $995 option, not included for 31k.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:29 PM   #60
ArcAngel

thats fine include it as an option but come on you can get it in 1LT which starts at 24000 how did it not make seance to them to add it to a 1SS for 31 is what im saying??
Old 01-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #61
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Actually...the 1SS comes with Leather-wrapped and stitched steering wheel, shifter, door-armrests, and center console. Think of it as a "medium-equipped" interior.

The bluetooth and cargo net (never saw the point of those things) is part of the C&C package, I believe. (which isn't offered for the 1SS.:()
Old 01-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #62
ArcAngel

I dont really care bout the cargo net either I am just stating that to me it was foolish on GM's part not to include the C&C. especially when people out there expect these kind of amenities for that price! ps thanks for the heads up on the medium interior lol!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #63
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Realisticly, the 4-pack guages should also be a factory option on the 1LT & 1SS and not a dealer installed option as I'm hearing.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 PM   #64
ArcAngel

although I agree Retro dude, I don't think non Camaro enthusiasts will care about the gauges like we do!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #65
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Realisticly, the 4-pack guages should also be a factory option on the 1LT & 1SS and noy a dealer installed option as I'm hearing.
My guess is you'll see a lot of "package" and addition changes year two. As far as why C&C can be had with a 1LT and not a 1SS... maybe they want the "big boy 2SS" to be truly different from the 1SS (i.e. can't add and add and add to a 1SS to effectively make it a 2SS)
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #66
ArcAngel

ok but on your reasoning the 1LT can have everything the 2LT has except leather (gauges added on at dealer) so hence the 1SS should have had the same
Old 01-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #67
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

True, but it still doesn't explain why GM doesn't feel they should be offered from the factory. To me it means more waste as the floor console has to be completely removed and a whole new plate ( surround ) has to be added since the standard plate cannot interface with them. Extra money and time spent = waste to me and a higher price to the consumer.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #68
ArcAngel

i agree it seems as though they still have a little bit of an antiquated methodology hence the weird exclusions up the latter of models
Old 01-29-2009, 10:45 PM   #69
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
My guess is you'll see a lot of "package" and addition changes year two. As far as why C&C can be had with a 1LT and not a 1SS... maybe they want the "big boy 2SS" to be truly different from the 1SS (i.e. can't add and add and add to a 1SS to effectively make it a 2SS)
The way I figure it and I'm probably wrong.... I feel most of the 2SS will be the LS3 + Manual and the majority of L99 Autos will be 1SS if Leather is the only difference.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:48 PM   #70
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You guys need to understand the process of building and equipping cars. I'm not in the industry...nor do I pretend to be. But...generally, the goal...is to balance personalization and options with costs associated with build-combinations. This is the reason the Auto Industry shifted towards option packages, and now...less option packages.

The SS is clearly for enthusiasts and the performance-oriented buyer, yes? Therefore -- it's not meant to sell in near the same numbers as the V6. This makes SS optioning more critical -- because costs will be spread across fewer vehicles. So, with that in mind:

The 1SS is intended to be the "bare-bones" performance Camaro. Clearly...it's far from bare-bones: power-everything, leather surfaces, Stereo, A/C, etc... however, it is stripped of options -- thus eliminating unnecessary** build costs there.

The 2SS in contrast was meant to be the fully-loaded SS. The people who need to have this stuff will cough up for it. Those who want this stuff...sorry -- we're in the minority.:(

**unnecessary: if you add Ambient lighting, C&C, etc...you'd might as well just opt for the 2SS. That's why they put all the luxury amenities in the 2SS. It's really not that much more for what you're getting -- and grouping things like this lowers cost so you can get GT500 and SRT8 performance for far, far less.

I still want them to offer C&C on the 1SS...but we've got to understand why they didn't.