Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 04-15-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
1/2 mile racing on the runway in Battle Creek, MI

Just thought we'd let everyone know about an event we're sponsoring July 3-5 in Battle Creek, MI. It's called Speedfest and is a head to head standing 1/2 mile run on the airstrip during the Balloon Festival and Airshow.

You can get all the info and register at http://www.battlecreekspeed.com
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:49 AM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I have several questions related to this...

Licensing process.. Will there be any reciprocity consideration for a license obtained from a different sanctioning body. I have my A license from the Texas Mile. This event is listed as side by side racing yet it also mentions multiple solo passes to license up from C to B to A...

Is there a specific time frame for solo passes or are they mixed in with the other runs.

My car meets and in most cases exceeds the safety requirements as listed, so that's not a concern, but if I trailer 1300+ miles I don't want to make a couple of limited passes licensing up and not get to make any full power passes as it mentions limited numbers of entrants per session.

Are the side by side races elimination event or are they just for show.

Are burnouts allowed before a pass is made... I know it's crazy but there is an event that is on a half mile runway that I know of where burnouts to heat the tires are not permitted... The locals don't want black marks on their runways... Duh... there are thousands of them from airplane tires...

I'm interested in this event but again there is a heavy time and money investment to trailer 1300+ miles and paying registration, hotels etc...

Where is the campground in relation to the pit area... and is there any possible chance of getting a hotel room in the area....

Any information is greatly appreciated...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #3
Halo Super Cars

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Great questions! I'll send you a PM to go more in depth, but a few things...

The limited number of entrants per session is so that we can ensure those looking to make multiple passes are able to in each session. We know we could pack in more cars, but we truly want everyone to have a great time and want to come back again next year!

No burnouts allowed on the runway per airport regulations. We are looking into alternatives, but as of right now, no burnouts.

There is a campground area directly across the street from the airport. This is a part of the largest ballon festival in the country so spaces fill up quickly. We do have a host hotel just up the road. You can get all the details on our site http://www.battlecreekspeed.com
Halo Super Cars is offline   Reply With Quote