Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-18-2016, 10:45 PM   #1
MAYRO35

Drives: 2000 Caddy Deville
Service stabili trac

I was driving home from the airport where I had the car parked for 1 week, a 2010 camaro 2ss. The drive is about 30 min home. I was playing cat and mouse with a BMW 745i and was on the pedal hard with traction control of and stability trac off. I was excited to drive the machine again since it had been a week. But any how I stopped at a quick trip to get fuel and a drink. I come back out and started the car and a service stabili track message pops up. The engine starts shaking, like an old school muscle car.I was less than 2 miles from my home so I drove back to my apartment very slow. I popped open the hood and saw the engine was sparking. I took it to the dealer 1st thing in the morning and they said that a spark plug wire had come off. They put the wire back on and cleared the code. So I got the car back and know it feels like it has less power. I have less than 19700 miles on the car. I turned off the traction control and stability trac to try do a burnout. Once the clutch engages the tires just chirp. The codes are not coming back on but the cars feels like a v6 now, what could be the issue ?
MAYRO35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
Magnificent

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Maybe you should continue to drive it the way you normally do and it will "relearn" how to run right again. The dealer may have reset the computer/disconnected the battery to perform the repair you mentioned. Any how--I would try driving it like you want it to run. And make sure you are running the best fuel for it---Chevron and something high test 92/93 octane.
Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote