Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
2012 ss clutch issue

hey guys I just bought a ss Manuel a couple months ago and ever since new.. I have had really bad clutch chatter. I have read many posts of the same problem but I just had my exhaust put on today and my guy said it sounds horrible. he's never heard something this bad before. he tells me I have a bad clutch. has anyone had a issue like this that the dealer has fixed. I only have 200 miles on her so I know I have burned it up yet.
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Its a 2012 with 200 miles....I would hope you would take it in for warranty.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Are you sure its clutch chatter or drive train slack? when i'm at about 1500 rpm in first and push the clutch in, you'll hear some chatter, and thats actually drive train slack.

that..is normal.

If yours is outside that....dealership sounds like the place you should be.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Teamradrz1

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Are you sure its clutch chatter or drive train slack? when i'm at about 1500 rpm in first and push the clutch in, you'll hear some chatter, and thats actually drive train slack.

that..is normal.

If yours is outside that....dealership sounds like the place you should be.

Mine does the exact same thing not all the time but definately noisey when it does do it.
Teamradrz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamradrz1 View Post
Mine does the exact same thing not all the time but definately noisey when it does do it.
I agree. Its a little embarrassing when coasting in traffic and people look like something has broken on your car, but its just how it is. Your dealership will tell you exactly the same thing.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #6
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Yeah, I've notice a distinct driveline clank from windup. I've heard it before in other cars, wrote it off as normal.

As for clutch chatter...in that syntax and application, chatter is something you feel, not something you hear. But, if you have clutch chatter, your driveline might make noise. Dammit...I wish I wasn't so technical.
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by caligrown562 View Post
hey guys I just bought a ss Manuel a couple months ago and ever since new.. I have had really bad clutch chatter. I have read many posts of the same problem but I just had my exhaust put on today and my guy said it sounds horrible. he's never heard something this bad before. he tells me I have a bad clutch. has anyone had a issue like this that the dealer has fixed. I only have 200 miles on her so I know I have burned it up yet.
Looks like you have some good advice here. I would have to agree that your best bet would be to take it into the dealer. They can make a note of the concern at the very least. Please feel free to contact me if you need more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, Chevrolet Customer Service (filling in for Jeff).
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #8
caligrown562

Drives: 2012 1SS
I know some noise is normal at low rpms but I can be cruising down the street at 40 and hear the noise when I push in the clutch. you can also feel everything release...
caligrown562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:23 AM   #9
Aljohnsonii

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
I had the same problem in my camaro I took to dealership and they replace the whole clutch system it's stiff as hell now and not clatter from trans
Aljohnsonii is offline   Reply With Quote