Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 05-09-2017, 07:13 AM   #29
JFM-jr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
What do you guys do when the neighbors have a Harley that's louder than most cars? There must be a minimum of 10 Harley's in my neighborhood. These aren't top fuel dragsters that we are driving. No one complains when I start my car--and like I said before, I'm not launching it down the street. I guess to each their own. On second thought, maybe you guys should have bought Chevy Volts--I heard they are plenty quiet........
Too each their own
ARH 1 7/8 longtubes hi flow cats AFM deleted E85
11.0@124.9
11.65@118.8 pump gas,stock tune/exhaust
New combo: Pray Performance Heads/cam
MSD intake manifold and Circle D 3C
554/491 on E85 all work & tuning done by Pray
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 07:23 AM   #30
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooden View Post
With that beast you have, I'm surprised you can quiet it down!!!

I am too but it works pretty well. The first week I got it back after getting the headers and blower installed I had 2 cops in different towns bang a u-turn and follow me. And both times that odd ball bug with Drive Mode disappearing decided to surface, so I couldn't even switch to Stealth. I ended up adding one of those Forza exhaust controllers and just mapped it to my unused Home Link buttons. I always drive around with it wide open now though and no one's bothered me. I'm more worried about work than anything. My office is also in Westchester County, so I think you can figure out what kind of people I have around me here. When I work late my only joy comes from my ride home in the Camaro. I have a 40 mile commute on a freshly paved highway that's basically empty during the summers at certain times of the day. The fuzz always camps out in the same couple spots too...it's almost too good to be true. The last thing I want to happen is to have someone at work complain and take that away from me.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #31
LesBaer
FMPG

I talked to them and was told that they're going to make a decision in a couple of weeks on making an NPP version. They're trying to determine if the demand is there right now. If having NPP is something that you're interested in, let them know...post on their FB page or contact them before it's off the table. If it doesn't happen I'm just going to buy this version.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

Old 05-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #32
PRAY

Awesome brother, glad they got you taken care of.

I think a NPP version should be available as well. I must be getting old but I like having a quiet car till I want it laud. Hearing conversations on the phone (hands free) and in person is nice. I also like to be able to hear the motor for tuning purposes. Nothing like pulling up to the kid with the laud pipes in your "stock" quiet car and embarrassing him down the road.

When I went 10's the first time at Rockingham the tech guy just saw the CAI and said it was quiet so it couldn't be fast and didn't even bother inspecting my car. After it went 10's people were tripping out about the car since it was so quiet and only had a CAI and headers. LOL.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:17 PM   #33
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Awesome brother, glad they got you taken care of.

I think a NPP version should be available as well. I must be getting old but I like having a quiet car till I want it laud. Hearing conversations on the phone (hands free) and in person is nice. I also like to be able to hear the motor for tuning purposes. Nothing like pulling up to the kid with the laud pipes in your "stock" quiet car and embarrassing him down the road.

When I went 10's the first time at Rockingham the tech guy just saw the CAI and said it was quiet so it couldn't be fast and didn't even bother inspecting my car. After it went 10's people were tripping out about the car since it was so quiet and only had a CAI and headers. LOL.
That's a great point about hearing what's going on when you need to. I also had my vet call me yesterday to give me my dog's blood test results while I was out having fun with the car. With it wide open neither of us could hear each other...but it sounds so good loud!

I'm also quickly learning that there is nothing more fun than being a sleeper. You know how in college football the players have stickers on their helmets when they make a good play? I think I'm going to start covering my roof with blue ovals

Old 05-11-2017, 01:29 PM   #34
PRAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
That's a great point about hearing what's going on when you need to. I also had my vet call me yesterday to give me my dog's blood test results while I was out having fun with the car. With it wide open neither of us could hear each other...but it sounds so good loud!

I'm also quickly learning that there is nothing more fun than being a sleeper. You know how in college football the players have stickers on their helmets when they make a good play? I think I'm going to start covering my roof with blue ovals
Yeah, unless you live in Houston or something you are pretty much a 1%'er. Not much is going to give you trouble on the street.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:38 PM   #35
LesBaer
FMPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
Yeah, unless you live in Houston or something you are pretty much a 1%'er. Not much is going to give you trouble on the street.
The one positive about living in CT...but in Houston I bet there are Prius' faster than me LOL

Old 06-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #36
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFM-jr View Post
Too each their own
Thanks for the kind words, I'm happy you're enjoying the system. It looks and sounds great on the car!

If you guys need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.

-John

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #37
A.R. Headers

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Is anyone else interested in purchasing the quad tip system?

100% USA MADE
A.R. Headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #38
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Id be interested in a NPP system. I have a long system on order with you right now through my tuner.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 02:02 PM   #39
JKLNHYD
Defending the Nation...

Drives: '16 Summit White 2SS, A8, Sunroof

$3481.

'16 2SS, A8, Sunroof, non-NPP
"SURSUM AB ORDINE"
JKLNHYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 06:18 AM   #40
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
If you guys need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.
-John
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.R. Headers View Post
Is anyone else interested in purchasing the quad tip system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
Id be interested in a NPP system. I have a long system on order with you right now through my tuner.
Whats the point of quad tip without NPP? It is gingerbread. Fine if you just like the look.

While I like my long ARH system with NPP, the actual sound is raspy. John, I bet you guys can fix that. Have you heard the long system with NPP? And if we could pick up 3 HP and lose some weight and the ugliness of the suitcase even better. Is NPP in the Plans to bolton to the long system?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:02 AM   #41
zepol9

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NGM
What system did you order i just ordered the atak catback
zepol9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #42
LesBaer
FMPG

I've got the same ARH to factory NPP setup as Fraxum and said the exact the same thing when I first heard my car. It could use a little refinement sound wise but I like it though. I'd buy this today if they offered an NPP version just to lose the suitcase. I'm not expecting any power gains since there's no real restriction left to overcome in the exhaust.