Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #925
Sketch

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
I just ordered the rest of the parts I need to install the ZL1 fascia. Can anyone here recommend a good paint shop to repair and repaint the fascia I got from JB? Or maybe ones I should avoid? I know Silverhawk had some paint problems and Scotty just got some strips done.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #926
Sketch

Since the ZL1 rims are so dam expensive I was looking at other rims. What do you guys think of these?
These are black Chrome.

or these (gloss black)
Old 04-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #927
Sketch

On another note, a guy from Security Forces at the gate last night was telling me about his 5th gen Camaro. To cut it short, I invited him to the club and told him about this page. He said he will check it out, so lets see if he stops by.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #928
ScottyB911

Drives: 2016 2SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
I just ordered the rest of the parts I need to install the ZL1 fascia. Can anyone here recommend a good paint shop to repair and repaint the fascia I got from JB? Or maybe ones I should avoid? I know Silverhawk had some paint problems and Scotty just got some strips done.
The guy who did my stripes is here on the forums...can't say enough good things about his work. My stripes are perfect and they were laid out by hand. The shop he works for is also really big and looks pretty state of the art.

He's here on camaro5 and is a member of the south jersey camaro club so he knows these cars when it comes to paint and body. His member name is Billyspeed and he's really cool. I'd say send him a PM with what you want done and he can give you all the details.

Also the shop is 5 min from the airport so if you need to rent a car that's a good place to do it. (Open longer than the usual 8-5)

Scotty B
ScottyB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #929
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
hmmm i know i got my bumper works done by Ed from allisons body shop! they did a great job on the bumper even tho the bumper itself was pain in the ass.. but they are loc. in Dover too. not too bad.

also.. you know you can get the wheels for like 1698+shipping right? LG motorsports made replica of of the wheels and it looks just the same as the ones i have.. and they are 20X10, 20X11. same specs.
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:33 AM   #930
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

heres the link!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258793
Old 04-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #931
Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
hmmm i know i got my bumper works done by Ed from allisons body shop! they did a great job on the bumper even tho the bumper itself was pain in the ass.. but they are loc. in Dover too. not too bad.
I will stop by for a quote after I install the bumper. I'm still waiting for the rest of the parts to come in. Both grills should be in tomorrow. Bolts should be here next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
also.. you know you can get the wheels for like 1698+shipping right? LG motorsports made replica of of the wheels and it looks just the same as the ones i have.. and they are 20X10, 20X11. same specs.
Thanks I checked it out. I'm already spending a lot of money on this bumper mod. My wallet is hurting real bad now. I hate spending money but I want those rims! But I do need new tires... I'm going to be broke for the rest of the year...
Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #932
Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyB911 View Post
The guy who did my stripes is here on the forums...can't say enough good things about his work. My stripes are perfect and they were laid out by hand. The shop he works for is also really big and looks pretty state of the art.

He's here on camaro5 and is a member of the south jersey camaro club so he knows these cars when it comes to paint and body. His member name is Billyspeed and he's really cool. I'd say send him a PM with what you want done and he can give you all the details.

Also the shop is 5 min from the airport so if you need to rent a car that's a good place to do it. (Open longer than the usual 8-5)
Thanks but I don't think I'm willing to drive out that far. I'm going to try around Dover first.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #933
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Tell Ed I send you! I'm sure he will hook you up! He did great with my bumper!
Hahah yeah those rims are sick.. I spend just as much this year lol my whole car is redone. New audio, another new bumper, 3.91 gears, headers, cf interior, new hood,and my new wheels. Oh and Barton short shifter I think I'm done for the year lol
Old 04-19-2013, 07:54 AM   #934
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Well, can't say I can recommend my guy for painting.........just found out that my car sat at the shop all week and never got touched!!!!!!!!!!!! they told me they have paint rep coming on Monday......Why the F--- does this s--- always seem to happen to me? UGH!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #935
Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Well, can't say I can recommend my guy for painting.........just found out that my car sat at the shop all week and never got touched!!!!!!!!!!!! they told me they have paint rep coming on Monday......Why the F--- does this s--- always seem to happen to me? UGH!!!!
Yea, I think I would stay clear of that place. Sounds like they have been giving you a hard time for a while now.

Anyone here going to the Pep Boys Car show tomorrow?
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #936
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
Yea, I think I would stay clear of that place. Sounds like they have been giving you a hard time for a while now.

Anyone here going to the Pep Boys Car show tomorrow?

Didn't know about that show? great I miss another one.......UUGGGHH!!!!
both my sons have games tomorrow anyway.

I guess this Dupont Rep is going to be the one painting my car next week....this should be interesting.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #937
Sketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Didn't know about that show? great I miss another one.......UUGGGHH!!!!
both my sons have games tomorrow anyway.

I guess this Dupont Rep is going to be the one painting my car next week....this should be interesting.
That sucks. This one has a dyno composition too. would have been nice to see some Camaros up there. I didn't go because I work grave shift tonight.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #938
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Wait pep boys have a dyno?!