Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 04-22-2013, 06:47 PM   #953
bluebox

Drives: '12 1SS LS3 IBM/SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
I guess this Dupont Rep is going to be the one painting my car next week....this should be interesting.
Not quite DuPont any more, we sold the performance coatings business as of this year. Wonder what name they'll come up with... Still the best refinish and color match in the business, though.

Sad that they took your car and sat on it. Did they say how long it would be, or did they just sit on it to keep the job from going somewhere else?

There's always High Tech auto body up here in Elsmere, tremendous work quality priced right...

Now: Invo's on Nurburgs | Ext. Eng. catch can | heritage grille
Next: a few Pedders bits, tighten it up | better sways | drop coils, maybe | CAI, exhaust, JRE tune
Then I'm done, I swear.

bluebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #954
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebox View Post
Not quite DuPont any more, we sold the performance coatings business as of this year. Wonder what name they'll come up with... Still the best refinish and color match in the business, though.

Sad that they took your car and sat on it. Did they say how long it would be, or did they just sit on it to keep the job from going somewhere else?

There's always High Tech auto body up here in Elsmere, tremendous work quality priced right...

They normally have gotten it back to me by Thurs if I drop it off Monday......that being said........they didn't call me today either. I will rattle the cage tomorrow and see what's up... Guess my problem is, is that I am not screaming and yelling cause I don't want it rushed...I want it done right.....
If I hadn't already had the car in there because I thought the rear spoiler was their fault I would not have had them do the door at the same time....my mistake.... I definitely would have chosen another place....kinda figured lightning wasn't going to strike me again......they normally have a good reputation. If there is a next time its either my dealer who did my rear bumper and the warranty stuff or I might ask JimW, he works at Winner Ford and has done some of the work on his car.....not really interested in traveling that far..but thanks.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:36 AM   #955
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Drives: 2017 1LE
Jim if you want you can always try Allisons Auto Shop... it only usually take them 1 day to paint my parts... it might be a lil faster.. i know they did my rear GFX and strut bar in half a day..
Twoblindsheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:40 AM   #956
Sketch

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialmike View Post
Hey guys. Joined the FB group. Got the car 2 weeks ago. Lovin it. Look to be at the next Pike Creek Meet.

Welcome! hope to see you around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcraze57 View Post
Check it out on Facebook and be sure to join us in June 2nd
http://m.facebook.com/pages/Delaware...016892399&_rdr
Wont be able to make this one since i will be on a cruse.

Quote:
Ha, I am sure it was a sponsor from a performance shop.....maybe that new performance shop that opened up north of Dover? can't remember the name right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
WAIT! performance shop in Dover?! oh man this is getting better!!
As far as the dyno goes, the Pep Boys car show was to celebrate the grand opening of there performance shop. So the dyno may very well be there own. I didnt get to go since I slept in because I was working the night before. A coworker of mine went and said he saw a black Camaro dyno and made over 600RWHP.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:42 AM   #957
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

i believe that was JimW's car.
the one with the red grille
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 AM   #958
SILVERHAWK

Yeah, probably was his......I know he has upgrades capable of making that kind of power.

The only other black one with power like that around here is DoverBlk2SS/RS and he's close to 700.

yeah George, hopefully this will be the end of my paint problems.......we'll see.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 AM   #959
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Yeah, probably was his......I know he has upgrades capable of making that kind of power.

The only other black one with power like that around here is DoverBlk2SS/RS and he's close to 700.

yeah George, hopefully this will be the end of my paint problems.......we'll see.
i have my fingers crossed for you! you need a change of luck! lol
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #960
bct10985

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3, 2013 duramax
Dupont is now called axalta. I work in the body shop at kent county motors in dover, could always bring your car here.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #961
SILVERHAWK

Yeah, thanks guys........apparently their painter had given his 2 weeks notice.....they acted like it was a joke last week when I dropped it off...apparently it was true.....so this so called guy from Dupont (or where ever) is actually their new guy at the shop not someone special.....I may get my ride back Thursday? who the f--- knows....at least now the owner knows I am really not freakin' happy especially when my neighbor dropped off his van Thursday and he picked it up last night. and it needed a small amount of body work and paint WTF??? sounds like I got taken to the cleaners. Guess thats what I get for trying to be Mr Nice Guy and not blow the f--- up...........That car better be right thats all I gotta say.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #962
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Man that sucks I just stopped by Allisons yesterday and asked about having some rockers installed they said drop it off this week and they will get it done.
You might want to give them a shot next time.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #963
Twoblindsheep
[COTW 1/6/14]

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
Man that sucks I just stopped by Allisons yesterday and asked about having some rockers installed they said drop it off this week and they will get it done.
how much are they going to charge you? if you dont mind me asking?
i might get mine painted and installed there
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 AM   #964
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post

Hopefully there won't be a next time....... it was just one of those things that made sense at the time to just have them do it.....I mean they had the spoiler and since they did the stripes I had them fix it in case something happened, then the same guy could do his own stripes over with the same paint and everything.....meanwhile they could paint the door when they painted the spoiler.....everything would have been fine if the paint on the door didn't come out screwed up.....since they have been paid for the job, I don't want to pay someone else again to fix it.....matter of fact I don't have the money to do it anyway.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #965
Sketch

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
I just installed the ZL1 bumper. Now i just need to find a paint shop.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #966
96MrBass

Drives: GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblindsheep View Post
how much are they going to charge you? if you dont mind me asking?
i might get mine painted and installed there
They said a a few hours lol not real sure what that meant.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote