Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-14-2013, 06:01 PM   #1
MRB2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Send a message via Yahoo to MRB2SS
Oracle HID Kit to 2011 2SS

Saturday, I installed an Oracle H13 kit to my 2SS, along with the mail slot light kit. Lights look great, as does light bar...

Please note that as soon as I did this, having good grounds, etc., my Bluetooth quit working in the factory radio (display states "Feature not available") and the compass / direction display beside the dash speedometer has "- - " in the display...

I removed the HID lights last night as I now have to take the car to a dealer on Friday...

NOTE: After waiting two (2) days for a response from Oracle, they are stating they will not offer a refund, even though no solution for this has been offered. Please understand the risk.....
MRB2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
MRB2SS

Kit installed was Oracle P/N H13*NON-RS.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I have absolutely no idea why any exterior lights would be wired in with the bluetooth, compass and whatever else is wrong with your car.

I am more the 100% sure the kit did not cause your problems, but then again I could be wrong. I know you'll say that you didn't have these problems before you installed it and that's fine but just be aware that none are your problems are in any way related to any exterior lighting, no matter what mods you did to your lights. I know for a fact that when someone has a burnt bulb or when both headlamp bulbs are removed and unplugged, all functions still work.

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Support@OracleLights.com

Drives: www.CamaroLighting.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRB2SS View Post
Saturday, I installed an Oracle H13 kit to my 2SS, along with the mail slot light kit. Lights look great, as does light bar...

Please note that as soon as I did this, having good grounds, etc., my Bluetooth quit working in the factory radio (display states "Feature not available") and the compass / direction display beside the dash speedometer has "- - " in the display...

I removed the HID lights last night as I now have to take the car to a dealer on Friday...

NOTE: After waiting two (2) days for a response from Oracle, they are stating they will not offer a refund, even though no solution for this has been offered. Please understand the risk.....
Welcome to Camaro5
Here is the link where you can check in as a new member introducing yourself.

Now regarding your issue:

We have installed hundreds, if not thousands of HID kits in Camaros, and have never had an issue where the Bluetooth or compass have been affected at all. It sounds like there may have been some confusion during your installation or just a fluke that this issue occurred at the same time.

From my understanding and what I was told your scanner was wired to the same fuse as your HID kit so when you turn your headlights on that fuse gets power hence turning on the scanner.

Here is an installation video of how the scanner is installed:

Let us know what the dealership says regarding your Bluetooth and compass issue and if you have any questions regarding the installation of the parts you ordered you are welcome to call one of our technicians at (800) 407-5776 and they will be happy to assist you.
Support@OracleLights.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
MRB2SS

DJ,

As an electrical engineer, this makes no sense... The only thing that I did not mention is that certain FM station "go away" when the HID lights were turned on.. Station cvame right back when the lights were turned off.... Headlights coming on and off also triggered the LED light bar, which operates off of radio waves / controller. The ONLY THING the ballasts have in common with Bluetooth, compas, light bar receiver and FM radio signals is the EMI (electro-magnetic interference - magnetic fields) generated from the ballasts.

Per Oracle, I am the only person who is experiencing this, which again - makes no sense. I am willing to take pictures of what my car is doing, before I take it to dealer in the morning...

What I am upset about is eating $300 if I cannot get credit for a return, as I really want to keep this, if it will function correctly....

If this does not work out, I guess I will go to the Better Business Bureau and have everything documented.... Guess I do need to take pictures when I walk out to my car at 5:00 today...

Mike Brown
Salem, VA
Old 08-15-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
MRB2SS

Jonathan,

Light bar is performing PERFECTLY with the HID kit "removed".

Mike Brown
Old 08-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #7
MRB2SS

Update: Dealer is telling me that the OnStar module will have to be replaced.... What is being stated is that this is a "known issue" with this module and the Camaro.... I do not know if the issue was caused by disconnecting the 12V supply, the lighting kit or ??? As stated above, I do not see how the kit could have affected anything other than EMI interferance. New OnStar module to be in on Thursday, 8/22.