Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-22-2017, 10:24 AM   #1
Dwright

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Cursed Camaro build

Guys

I am at my wits end and am unsure where to go from here.
I put an Lsa supercharger on my 2011 Camaro over the summer and had it tuned. 30 minutes after tuning I blew the motor. So I decide to start an entire new build. So here is a list of all the mods

408ci fully forged and stroked
2 stage zex nitrous kit (not installed)
Obx long tube headers
Jlt Cai
Comp cams trinoiun rocker arms
Texas speed stage 2 blower cam
High flow Cnc cylinder heads
Lsa supercharger with 2.5 pulley
Id 1300 cc injectors
3 bar zl1 map sensor
Squash fuel pump
Carbon fiber drive shaft
E85 conversion
Magna flow custom exhaust
Detroit eaton trutrac diff with 3:91 gearing
2800 circle d stall converter
Pcm trans cooler
BMR coil over rear suspension (drag kit)
BMR mid sub frame stiffener
Trans rebuilt with BBT stage 2 kit

After the car was complete. The motor kept filling with fuel. We sent the injectors back and two were found to be bad. I paid for another two and 3 weeks later the same thing. The motor filled with fuel. Finally after days of trouble shooting we found the fuel regulator had a blown diaphragm and the vacuum hose hooked to it was pulling fuel directly into the block with the key on accessory mode, in the mean time is was so upset over the injectors I bought FIC (connection) 127lbs injectors and went with them.

Now I have the car on the dyno and was told the injectors didn't look right and went back to the id1300's last night.

I am at my wits end. The car is sitting on a dyno and for some reason at least 3 to 4 (looking over the base tunes) tuners can't get tuned. I do not know what to do except to set the car on fire and watch it burn

Last edited by Dwright; 01-22-2017 at 10:36 AM.
Dwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
You do seem star-crossed, OP. Sorry to hear all that. I almost consider these 'coming clean' posts a public service. So many of us on the fence, or with warranties to consider, or are cash-challenged, would love to do some of the things you have done to our cars. But they all come with risk.

You cannot go as deep as the OP without assuming the POTENTIAL financial and emotional heartbreak that goes with a hi-perf build gone wrong. It's nothing more money and time won't eventually fix but...that's the cross you have to be willing to bear, I suppose. Best of luck, dude. And thanks for venting here.

"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge..." - Don Henley, My Thanksgiving
Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
bayarea408

Drives: T
well it sounds like you have mess in the fueling department. Double triple quadruple check and run through all the changes you have made to the fueling.

Obviously the goal is to turn the car over, get it to idle calmly and baseline to make adjustments. You have a big build that changed basically everything, unless a tuner was apart of the build it is going to be up to you to correctly identify and inform them of ALL the changes you make in DETAIL.

the proper fuel pump / fuel pressure control module combo needs to be determined. A properly working and identified set of injectors need to be sorted out as well. Big fuel systems are important, but you need to make sure it all works in symphony and that all the changes are being accounted for in the tuning software.

Patience is key man, take a deep breath
bayarea408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #4
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
go to vengeance racing and get it troubleshoot and tuned
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Dwright

I believe the troubleshooting is complete. At this point it is finding someone who can remote dyno tune the car. I have a base map that starts the car and runs it just goes way lean. I believe it to be in the airflow tables. But I do not know crap
About tuning correctly.
Old 01-22-2017, 02:48 PM   #6
cc-rider

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
What do you have for tuning software? I tune myself and use HP Tuners. Now I am no expert...but I know my way around tunes a bit and I'd be happy to take a look at your tune file if you have HP Tuners.

BTW...killer build! That thing is going to be a beast when you get it tuned right. With those 3.91 gears and the power you'll have...your going to be laying rubber down at 70mph.
cc-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 PM   #7
Dwright

Hp tuners. Is what I use. I can send you my base map. But I am not at the speed shop today to send any logs
Old 01-22-2017, 02:52 PM   #8
davidscamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6 BIG cam
Try pat.g for email tunes if your using hptuners. I'm using blackbear performance with there EFI live auto cal data logger and tuner handheld unit that works very well

As friend of mine used pat.g for his 04 ctsv were he swaped to a 6.2 ls3 and custom pat.g cam "232/236 610 lift on a 114 lsa" after few back and forth emails tunes pat got tuned perfect
Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #9
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
You can try Dave Steck. He can tune it for you remotely. What is your idling fuel pressure set to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
Dwright

Finally done, thanks to ted j. He sent me a tune that was almost spot on. A few tweaks and the car put down 641 hp on 93. I couldn't tune for E85 because there was no gas stations around that had any. In a few weeks I will get that done. Now if I could get rid of the squeaking belt I would be happy. I think the snout pulpy isn't pressed in far enough. I just need to figure that out now. Thanks for all the help
Old 01-30-2017, 08:29 PM   #11
amerimuscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS
I was just gonna say call ted J ! If you need to get $#!+ done, he's the man. Glad to hear another good jannetty rescue.
amerimuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #12
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
lol. my engine blew from one builder. had the block fixed and it blew with another builder. got a new 418 ls3 fully forged and a rocker went. whole engine had to be built a fourth time. less than 300 miles from beginning to end. fml.
Forged 418 Ls3 from Texas Speed, LSX heads from Texas Speed, Tick Turbo cam, Jakes/PCM/Billet 4l80e, 3200 Stall converter from Circle D, DSS 750 hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, stock 3.23 gears, TSW Wheels Front 20x10 Rear 20x11.5, Fabberage Twin Turbo Supercharger Killer kit with Upgraded Turbos, Squash Dual fuel pump, Full BMR Suspension/bushings, Holly High Rise intake manifold, ID1300 Injectors, Megan Coilovers, PCM of NC plug and play trans kit. HP/TQ TBA
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #13
Dwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFisch View Post
lol. my engine blew from one builder. had the block fixed and it blew with another builder. got a new 418 ls3 fully forged and a rocker went. whole engine had to be built a fourth time. less than 300 miles from beginning to end. fml.
Well so far my luck is not near as bad as yours and hoping this motor holds up for a while