Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-29-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Trackhawk?

ok so I've been seriously kicking around the idea of ditching my f150 and 2016 ctsv (don't really need a truck all that much and hardly drive the v) and getting a used trackhawk. Thing is the rare times I need to use my truck it's super handy (but not all that often), The v is an automatic and I hate auto's so it's boring af to me lol. I sorta want a new diesel denali 2500 or f250 (which will obviously get a lift) but again don't need a truck. I think the trackhawk will fill both those needs. Anyone on here drive/own one? I wanna hear your opinions. Chances are I won't keep it stock past a few weeks lol.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
My wife and I have one and we love it. I mean honestly what's not to love about being totally stock, good air and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. The only and I mean only negative is the fuel economy, but that's not why a person buys one of these anyway. Overall, I almost think the Trackhawk is more fun than my Hellcat...traction is a wonderful thing!
Anything specific you'd like to know?

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
It got it’s clock cleaned (finished 5th out of 5) in a shoot out against other expensive SUV’s. Like the Dodge, it only excels in a straight line, and it’s still a Cherokee inside despite the 6 figure price tag. I realize you said used, but you think the first owner babied a vehicle like that? There are better options out there with far more content for the price. If you are going to keep it, try and buy new.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #4
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBeevee View Post
My wife and I have one and we love it. I mean honestly what's not to love about being totally stock, good air and 0-60 in 3.3 seconds. The only and I mean only negative is the fuel economy, but that's not why a person buys one of these anyway. Overall, I almost think the Trackhawk is more fun than my Hellcat...traction is a wonderful thing!
Anything specific you'd like to know?
Awesome man and thanks for the input. I had a 13 srt grand Cherokee 3 years ago and loved it although it was a bit slow but for what it is it was still fun. I'm not too awful worried about fuel economy as it would be a stockish dd but nothing I would actually drive on a daily basis. They definitely have my interest and I'm looking at doing something within the next month or 2.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:57 PM   #5
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
It got it’s clock cleaned (finished 5th out of 5) in a shoot out against other expensive SUV’s. Like the Dodge, it only excels in a straight line, and it’s still a Cherokee inside despite the 6 figure price tag. I realize you said used, but you think the first owner babied a vehicle like that? There are better options out there with far more content for the price. If you are going to keep it, try and buy new.
I am looking at used bc I can't quite swing 6 figures on a car right now despite what my current garage might reflect lol. They depreciate pretty bad and I can pick one up for 74K (not too bad) with 8k miles on it. I'm not too worried about how bad it was beat on because I'm 33 but going on 19 lol so it's def going to get modded and take a beating once in my hands (as all my cars do). I'm scared of the X5M, and Gl63Amg (which are better performers) because of modding and maintenance. I had a 13 srt grand Cherokee before and had a transfer case take a shit on me (modded = no warranty) and I changed it out myself for under 3500 (needed a rear drive shaft too). On a amg or M I would've been up shits creek.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

True, if you can self wrench domestics are cheaper, but no less difficult than a European SUV. The one everybody raves about I actually have severe trepidation over; the Alfa Romeo. The Range Rover at least looks like $75k+ inside.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:35 AM   #7
McBeevee
220/221 whatever it takes

Drives: See sig....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I am looking at used bc I can't quite swing 6 figures on a car right now despite what my current garage might reflect lol. They depreciate pretty bad and I can pick one up for 74K (not too bad) with 8k miles on it. I'm not too worried about how bad it was beat on because I'm 33 but going on 19 lol so it's def going to get modded and take a beating once in my hands (as all my cars do). I'm scared of the X5M, and Gl63Amg (which are better performers) because of modding and maintenance. I had a 13 srt grand Cherokee before and had a transfer case take a shit on me (modded = no warranty) and I changed it out myself for under 3500 (needed a rear drive shaft too). On a amg or M I would've been up shits creek.
Good grief, pay no attention to him Other than what he's read online, I wonder how many of them he's actually driven? The other SUV's are nice and we actually looked real hard at the BMW and Alfa but nothing could touch the fun factor judging by the seat of my pants test.
The Trackhawk responds very well to mods, as Livernois now has one of theirs on flex fuel into the 9's....9.96 @ 138 to be exact. To add to that, there are numerous others with pulley and tune down into the 10's. I see these guys beating on them regularly and with very few failures.

2022 BMW X5 M50i
2022 Ram TRX
2021 GT500 CFHP
2016 Challenger Hellcat A8 1058whp/898wtq
1970 Chevelle SS396 4spd
McBeevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:09 AM   #8
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

I have extensive time in both the BMW and Mercedes. I have zero experience with the Alfa, combined with less than stellar reliability reports, I can’t safely recommend it. The Range Rover was refreshed since I last drove one, but I have read good things. I’m glad you like your Jeep. I wouldn’t pay that kind of money for one with a cheap interior, but Jeep isn’t the only one. Go compare the CTS-V to the C63S AMG. Sit in both and wonder where GM lost $30k they stuck on the price tag.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #9
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Hey Brent, any more clueless assumptions you want to make while you’re on a roll?

Do you need a picture of the Ferrari I drove including the license plate and a signed letter from the owner that it actually exists? Maybe I will include copies of my DD 214 every time we discuss anything military related on the form, just to be on the safe side.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:35 PM   #10
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Brent, I’m not trying to be a dick or make you out as one, in fact if you go back I’ve had numerous comments praising your car and the color. I guess blind assumptions are a pet peeve of mine and I’m in a particularly irritable mood today. I will stand by my assumption, since I haven’t experienced a Trackhawk, that it isn’t as polished or luxurious as it’s competitors. I’ll have to take the paid magazine evaluators at their word on that one, but I have been in a “regular” Grand Cherokee and it’s a far, far cry from the interior of the AMG.