Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Spark plug question

This is a picture of the original plugs out of my '07 Toyota Tundra (5.7L). I just changed them yesterday and they have 142,000 mi on them (I know, a bit overdue). They are lined up in the cylinder position they were originally installed. It might be a little hard to see but, all 4 plugs on the left are darker along the threads than the 4 on the right. Do the plugs on the left being darker mean anything about how the fuel is burning on that side of the engine? The truck is running perfectly fine and the electrodes on the plugs I took out were in good shape as compared to the new plugs. Honesty, I cannot tell much difference in how the truck runs with the new plugs over the old but, it was time to replace them.
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #2
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
The difference could be the left O2 getting a tinch lazier than the right, or there could be a slight vac leak. How the PCV is ported could also make such a little difference. Not something I would get overly concerned about, more of just a "Hmmph, that's odd." moment.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
Ahhhh....makes sense. That was kinda my reaction too. Thank you!