Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #1
kaos_ss

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Wolfgang Products

I wanted to buy a complete polishing kit so I called Autopia. They recommended a Porter Cable kit with Wolfgang polishes. I've heard of brands like Adams and Blackfire, but never of Wolfgang. Anyone have some input? Is it good stuff?

“If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.”
kaos_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #2
camaro2ssblack

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - Black on Black
Excellent brand. The uber compound 3.0 gets great reviews. I personally have only used their trim sealant and their deep gloss sealant and both are homeruns. The guys at autopia won't steer you in the wrong direction.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
kaos_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2ssblack View Post
Excellent brand. The uber compound 3.0 gets great reviews. I personally have only used their trim sealant and their deep gloss sealant and both are homeruns. The guys at autopia won't steer you in the wrong direction.
Thanks for the info! I didn't know if I made the right choice by purchasing what they recommended. But I guess I should trust the experts! Should get the kit in a few days and can clean the car up next weekend.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:12 AM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Wolfgang polishes are made by Menzerna. Menzerna is amazing stuff. You can't go wrong, especially when it's on discount.

Also, PBMG (the company that owns Autogeek and Autopia Car Care) makes Detailer's Pro, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Pinnacle, Diamondite, XMT, and Marine 31.

Often times you can find similarly performing products throughout the lines, though there are some standouts like Blackfire Microfiber Cleaner.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Some say Uber 3.0 is Menzerna FG400, which also very highly liked. So if you got Uber 3.0, you should be happy.

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
Old 01-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #6
kaos_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Some say Uber 3.0 is Menzerna FG400, which also very highly liked. So if you got Uber 3.0, you should be happy.
Great. I ordered the Wolfgang Porter Cable 7242XP Ultimate Polishing Kit. It comes with the Uber Compound 3.0, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, and the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I have a Black ZL1 with about 10,000 miles and have started seeing some swirls. Hopefully, next weekend, I can make the car shine!

Old 01-31-2014, 01:26 PM   #7
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
Great. I ordered the Wolfgang Porter Cable 7242XP Ultimate Polishing Kit. It comes with the Uber Compound 3.0, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, and the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant.

I have a Black ZL1 with about 10,000 miles and have started seeing some swirls. Hopefully, next weekend, I can make the car shine!
Good stuff

Old 01-31-2014, 05:37 PM   #8
Fireman124

Drives: 45th convertible ss
The paint sealant works great. Make sure you allow enough time for it to haze over about 45 minutes to an hour before wiping it off.
Fireman124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Will you be using a clay bar or speedy prep towel,let us see the finished product!
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #10
KBsSS

Drives: 2013 Corvette 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Will you be using a clay bar or speedy prep towel,let us see the finished product!
You have to prep your car before you polish and wax. I used the speedy prep towel and it took me about 10-15 mints to do entire car.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #11
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Not the same, but based on a very similar technology developed by Menzerna.

Uber Compound 3.0 is AMAZING! I used it to cut and finish on two black Volvo's this weekend, no need for anything else
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:39 AM   #12
kaos_ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Definitely going to use a clay bar first. I didn't purchase one with the kit because I've got a clay bar from Adam's.

The package is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. Hope we have some good weather this weekend!

Old 02-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #13
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Never used any of Wolfgang's polishes or LSPs, but I can definitely recommend their trim sealant. It not only smells similar but also performs similar to Ultima Trim & Tire Guard (which I've used instead), which can only be a good thing.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #14
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
I wanted to buy a complete polishing kit so I called Autopia. They recommended a Porter Cable kit with Wolfgang polishes. I've heard of brands like Adams and Blackfire, but never of Wolfgang. Anyone have some input? Is it good stuff?
I use Wolfgang products and it is great stuff.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote