Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #43
BNRacing

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2019 Camaro 2.0
Thanks for all the support guys. It really does mean a lot.
BNRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 PM   #44
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Guys is the difference noticeable? I mainly just want the tune for the GC and the rev limiter remover...but what about feel with the gains?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #45
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime068 View Post
Guys is the difference noticeable? I mainly just want the tune for the GC and the rev limiter remover...but what about feel with the gains?
The tune doesn't remove the rev limiter. If you have a A6 all it does is up your idle rev limiter (Correct me if I'm wrong.)! But the gains are night and day regardless what set up you have. And as long as you have some type of headers and exhaust the GC sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #46
Jaime068
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
The tune doesn't remove the rev limiter. If you have a A6 all it does is up your idle rev limiter (Correct me if I'm wrong.)! But the gains are night and day regardless what set up you have. And as long as you have some type of headers and exhaust the GC sounds awesome!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
Thats what I meant lol...I want my revs to go higher in neutral for that loud growl
Old 03-01-2012, 07:24 AM   #47
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
i just ordered it last night lol
Old 03-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #48
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
i dont know if anybody tuned a 2012 LFX yet but Im puttin my MRt v2 and CAI on next weekend hopefully. So I will get this tune soon after those are installed
Abstrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #49
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
i dont know if anybody tuned a 2012 LFX yet but Im puttin my MRt v2 and CAI on next weekend hopefully. So I will get this tune soon after those are installed
Very cool.

I've not yet heard of Vince tuning a 2012 yet, even though I know he is offering tunes for them. Since the 2012 ECM is a different unit (Dephi versus Bosch) your tune could be a bit of a new thing which could require a bit more testing back and forth between you and Vince. That is assuming he hasn't actually tuned a 2012 yet...maybe he has.

Would be great to see a before/after dyno either not including, or including your mods with both dynos so we can see an accurate representation of the gains with the tune, but of course that would be completely up to you.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:31 AM   #50
Abstrak

Well some local guys are suppose to be doing a group dyno this weekend. So I plan to ride up with them and get the car on the dyno to see what it's putting down factory before I install anything. Then money permitting I'll do a before and after with the mods and then tune. I'm looking for those solo high flow cats you were telling me about but I can't seem to find them on the website. I did find these through google shopping though
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-M31040 are these the ones you were referring to ?

*edit * yea that link is for a mustang I cant find anything for the 2012 through google shopping lol
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #51
Agarc
Dr.Frankenstein

Drives: 15gt
Quote:
Well some local guys are suppose to be doing a group dyno this weekend. So I plan to ride up with them and get the car on the dyno to see what it's putting down factory before I install anything. Then money permitting I'll do a before and after with the mods and then tune. I'm looking for those solo high flow cats you were telling me about but I can't seem to find them on the website. I did find these through google shopping though
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SLE-M31040 are these the ones you were referring to ?

*edit * yea that link is for a mustang I cant find anything for the 2012 through google shopping lol
i think if u can fine any 2.5 high flow cats you can just weld them on not a big deal i think pypes had some for like 200 something
Old 03-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #52
KMPrenger

Quote:

Here is a link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98755

The are pricey, but they also include resonators which really help the overall sound. I know the 2012 doesn't have headers, but I'm sure it has flanges before the stock cats, so hopefully that is the same as the 2010,2011s. if so, these would bolt right up...otherwise you may have to weld them in place.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #53
Berryp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Vert RS A6
I bought back at xmas time and got a great deal. Terry is the man to work with A+ i have been very happy with my tune and it really is day and night...just do it you wont be sorry..............................
Old 03-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #54
Abstrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Here is a link:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98755

The are pricey, but they also include resonators which really help the overall sound. I know the 2012 doesn't have headers, but I'm sure it has flanges before the stock cats, so hopefully that is the same as the 2010,2011s. if so, these would bolt right up...otherwise you may have to weld them in place.
Geeesh The price of the axle back and those I might as well get a full cat back system for that price lol that is pricey. Once I hear the MRT on my car in person i'll know if I need them. I might delete the resonators than go from there.

thanks for the help will keep you guys informed on the tune when I get it.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #55
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
what type of new goods are to come with the TR tune ? everyones has mentioned but no one has emphasized on it
Old 03-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #56
KMPrenger

Quote:
Geeesh The price of the axle back and those I might as well get a full cat back system for that price lol that is pricey. Once I hear the MRT on my car in person i'll know if I need them. I might delete the resonators than go from there.

thanks for the help will keep you guys informed on the tune when I get it.
They are pricey indeed, but you will never ever get the kind of performance gains out of a catback either.

They are about performance....sure they enhance sound too but the purpose of these is not sound. Going with these SOLOs is 3/4s or more the equivalent of installing long tube headers. Doing any kind of exhaust is pretty much all about sound because the performance gains are minimal at best.