Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #1
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Thumbs up Jennings Chevrolet, Glenview IL (And BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet)

This story is about 2 dealers (well 3). One who shall remain nameless, but is now no longer posting on this board. The other dealer, Chris Mader @ Jennings, is the one that I ended up buying my Camaro through. The third dealer is Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet who warrants a recommendation.

After dreaming about getting a Camaro for about a year, I finally decided to pull the trigger and put a deposit down on one earlier this year. At the time pricing for 2011 Camaros was not out, but another dealer had promised to give me around $1200 off MSRP on a 2010 and told me that he should be able to do the same on 2011 models but he had to wait for pricing to come out to know what his invoice cost was. I believed him.

So My order is in the 3000 status range (being built) and pricing finally comes out. I am super excited. MSRP only went up 350 and invoice a proportional amount! I immediately contact the other dealer and he says that he won't be able to go below GMPP unless I have other quotes for 2011 vehicles at a lower price. So excited, I start calling local dealers to see if I can get a lower price. A couple gave me the run around, even after stopping by, and Chris Mader @ Jennings sent me an email with a price $200 below invoice. That was below the GMPP pricing. So thinking that my search was done, I send the other dealer the quote from Jennings and they don't get back to me. I call and send a couple emails. I finally get a hold of the dealer and they say that they cannot honor the price. By this time my car is on the rail being shipped. I am devastated. I try to figure out a way to sweeten the deal for me by a couple hundred bucks by asking for free accessories. He can buy them cheaper than I can so his cost would've been much cheaper than mine. He would not even throw in a free accessory.

Heartbroken, I call Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet in desperation and ask if there is any way she could beat the other dealer's price. She agrees to well over $200 under invoice, but the bad news is that there is no way for her to intercept my vehicle being delivered and a dealer trade was out of the question as the other dealer was not on good terms with Becky. But I can't thank Becky enough because she motivated me to just cancel my order with the other dealer because they would not honor what they had said numerous times earlier. I'd have ordered from Becky, but I was so skiddish about ordering from a dealer out of state at the time I decided to give Jennings a chance because they were local and to be honest, they were the first dealer to give me a no hassle quote, like Becky.

I call Chris Mader @ Jennings and I say, I'd like to order today, but I am going to need you to sell me the car for well over $200 below invoice (The same price as Becky offered). He agrees! I am ecstatic! He sends me a written quote and I send him my deposit! Another Camaro was on order!

I decided that it was worth a try to ask and I admitted to the dealer that I had actually had another order at another dealer that was already shipped. He was a little upset. I was too, because I felt guilty as using Jennings only to get a lower quote from the other dealer. Even though I had "used" Jennings, Chris contacted the other dealer and offered to do a dealer trade. The other dealer said that somebody was stopping by to look the car and would let Chris know if a trade was possible next week. But unfortunately, with the GM order allocation system, the trade had to be done this week or I'd have to push my new order back another week. So I passed on the deal as I was wary if the other dealer would actually deliver or if it was another tactic to make my life painful. The other dealer knew who Jennings was of course.

During the whole build process Chris either emailed me with status updates or responded immediately with an honest answer if there was some sort of delay. I couldn't be happier!

While the car was being built I ordered the Heritage Grille from Becky @ Rodgers sort of to say thanks for all her help. I know it wasn't a car, but I do want to recommend Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet to anybody. She was also very honest and straightforward with me. She actually offered me the LOWEST price of any dealer as her invoice price was lower in MI than it is in IL. So I am sure you all can get one heck of a deal from her. (I'm not going to post the actual price she offered as that is not a guarantee she can still offer the same price nor that the price offered would be the same for every model)

Anyway, back to Jennings. When the car was delivered Chris had the grille installed for free that day and I took the car home. It was honestly the most rewarding car ride I've ever had. I had my Camaro playlist and I was loving the car. The car was damaged by the freight company upon delivery, but I trusted this dealer to fix anything I found. I took the car back a couple months later to have my laundry list of small issues resolved and they responded positively to 90% of them! I was being VERY picky and I only expected about 50% or less to be resolved. So all I can say is that Chris Mader Jennings Chevrolet gets an A+ for Sales and Service! I am completely satisfied with this dealer and I recommend them to anybody in the area. If you're not in the area I'd still recommend Becky as I believe she can offer you some awesome deals!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
TRC-SS
700RWHP-650TQ

Drives: 2011 Forged LS3 Supercharged/Cammed
Good Story man!...Glad everything worked out

Becky is getting my sale come Presidents day...hopefully some good incentives...we shall see
Old 01-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
Tomato
G-Force Addict

Drives: 2010 SS/RS A6
What price was the orignal dealer at? How much more than what you paid?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
What price was the orignal dealer at? How much more than what you paid?
The original dealer would only sell @ GMPP. That was a few hundred more than was originally agreed. In the end I saved several hundred over the original agreed discount by going through Jennings.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #5
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
I got an amazing price @ jennings. I have been happy with them and their sales/service dept.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 PM   #6
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
While the car was being built I ordered the Heritage Grille from Becky @ Rodgers sort of to say thanks for all her help. I know it wasn't a car, but I do want to recommend Becky @ Rodgers Chevrolet to anybody. She was also very honest and straightforward with me. She actually offered me the LOWEST price of any dealer as her invoice price was lower in MI than it is in IL. So I am sure you all can get one heck of a deal from her. (I'm not going to post the actual price she offered as that is not a guarantee she can still offer the same price nor that the price offered would be the same for every model)
I purchased 2 trucks though Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet, without her actually getting the sale(s). She provided me the best price on 2 new trucks that I ended it up getting locally in Jacksonville. I don't know what the commission would have been on $80,000 between the two trucks, but Becky just wanted to make sure a Camaro5 member was getting the best prices...

Now, purchasing my 3rd truck, this time a Silverado 3500 Dually 4 X4

I'm headed to see Becky in Michigan this coming week to pick it up in person and highly recommend everyone here on Camaro5 to give Becky Doyle a chance to earn your business. She sells Chevy's all of the USA from Rodgers Chevrolet, let her sell you , your next Chevy!
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote