Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 11-04-2015, 10:13 AM   #1
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Upgrading Heat Exchanger on HeartBeat?

What kind of results am I going to see out of this upgrade? Has anyone gone further into the cooling ability on these superchargers? If so, what has been your results?
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk89 View Post
What kind of results am I going to see out of this upgrade? Has anyone gone further into the cooling ability on these superchargers? If so, what has been your results?
Don't think you can improve on the system

I recently discovered the sensors they are using need a different calibration to read correctly.

With the Gen5 camaro IAT cal the heartbeat sensor reads pretty high compared to actual.

You may be chasing a ghost.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:27 PM   #3
Nighthawk89

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2Ss M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Don't think you can improve on the system

I recently discovered the sensors they are using need a different calibration to read correctly.

With the Gen5 camaro IAT cal the heartbeat sensor reads pretty high compared to actual.

You may be chasing a ghost.

Ted.
Did not know that. Great info!
Nighthawk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
I have SuperChiller & Ron Davis H/E with my HeartBeat & as Ted said the IAT sensor needs calibration cause it is reading hight temps.
I emailed Magnacharger with no response yet maybe they are busy with Sema .

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
So the sensor is different than what is used for the older Maggie?
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:25 PM   #6
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
AFCO heat exchanger FTW
Attached Images

2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #7
Reelgrinder

Drives: 2016 SS
Not the place for it but I'm going to do a twin turbo got a new AFCO in box that I never installed this year for my eforce. Ill let it go for 500 plus ship
Reelgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:34 AM   #8
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgrinder View Post
Not the place for it but I'm going to do a twin turbo got a new AFCO in box that I never installed this year for my eforce. Ill let it go for 500 plus ship
If I wasn't just about to spend my money on a squash fuel system, I would totally snag this deal lol
Good luck on the sale, I'm sure it'll be gone extremely soon
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #9
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Drives: none
Below ambient air temps with an interchiller = more HP as you are gaining back lost ignition timing and have denser air.
GenF-GTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:03 AM   #10
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenF-GTS View Post
Below ambient air temps with an interchiller = more HP as you are gaining back lost ignition timing and have denser air.
Agreed but a moot point if the IAT sensor reads wrong.

The Heartbeat has a very efficient intercooling system.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Chiller is the way to go If you can honestly show data that you do not lose any cooling capability for the occupants. GM did a lot of stuff right but the AC in my camaro is the best system i have ever owned. In Houston on 100 degree day w 80% humidity I rarely need but 1 click of fan on the knob and I don't even need max ac. Im a big guy w a crappy heat soak eforce and my ac works so freakin well I dont think I'd chance it!

Another alternative would be the Dual Pass and to relocate the battery from the center of the wheel well to the edge.. very easy. have someone make a reservoir with some mini exchangers or trans/oil coolers mounted inside the box... Your system can pass through with out damage.. running bagged ice and contaminating the coolers in the blower from minerals in the water. will make your intercooler less efficient when not running bagged ice plus the headache of draining and cleaning the system. This would be a closed system w no maintenance all you have to do is dump ice on top of the fins (mini exchanger) and you could even leave the drain plug slight open (except at track) and be very hassle free. dry ice would be so much better and if vented properly it would really be awesome probably better than the chiller.. its the same principal there AC exchanger is cooling water from your blowers system and never comes in contact or contaminates your system

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:18 AM   #12
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Agreed but a moot point if the IAT sensor reads wrong.

The Heartbeat has a very efficient intercooling system.
Yes we have heard about the sensor here too, luckily some of the blowers are being installed in LSA engines so they are swapping the temp sensor over.

We have a heartbeat lined up for a few weeks from now to put a chiller on so it should be very interesting to see what temps it gets.

Currently we have several customers reporting IAT2 of 8c (46.4f) on a 35c (95f) day with the LSA blower. At peak rpm at 130mph they are gaining roughly 8-9 degrees of ignition timing....thats about 40-50hp

Last edited by GenF-GTS; 11-06-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:24 AM   #13
GenF-GTS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Chiller is the way to go If you can honestly show data that you do not lose any cooling capability for the occupants. GM did a lot of stuff right but the AC in my camaro is the best system i have ever owned. In Houston on 100 degree day w 80% humidity I rarely need but 1 click of fan on the knob and I don't even need max ac. Im a big guy w a crappy heat soak eforce and my ac works so freakin well I dont think I'd chance it!

Another alternative would be the Dual Pass and to relocate the battery from the center of the wheel well to the edge.. very easy. have someone make a reservoir with some mini exchangers or trans/oil coolers mounted inside the box... Your system can pass through with out damage.. running bagged ice and contaminating the coolers in the blower from minerals in the water. will make your intercooler less efficient when not running bagged ice plus the headache of draining and cleaning the system. This would be a closed system w no maintenance all you have to do is dump ice on top of the fins (mini exchanger) and you could even leave the drain plug slight open (except at track) and be very hassle free. dry ice would be so much better and if vented properly it would really be awesome probably better than the chiller.. its the same principal there AC exchanger is cooling water from your blowers system and never comes in contact or contaminates your system
We have spent probably $2000-$2500 gassing and de-gassing my car to find what is absolute perfection with the cabin AC. We found what was too little what was too much and everything in between....to say it works well is an understatement we have perfected it.

The cabin AC if anything is now colder than stock, recently on a harrop 2300 blower which is really bad for heat issues just cruising along the highway on a 25c (77f) days it gets 50-60c (122-140f) IAT's It's IAT's are now in the low 20's (35f) on a 28c (82.4f) day and the cabin AC is unaffected. You can read the owners review here: http://www.hsvforum.com.au/showthread.php?15040-Forced-Induction-Interchiller-1-000m-Sprint-Temora (and the owner has not yet installed the bypass valve, so these temps should drop even more)

With the IAT's in the 20s (35f) the TX valve on the chiller will be more open than compared to LSA blowers which get lower temps but as we have absolutely nailed our system gassing it doesn't have any effect on the cabin.

As said if anything the cabin AC is now colder than standard and there is no messy ice setups, ice also melts it will not and cannot get as cold as the AC system, as soon as your hot source is applied it starts to melt and losing its coldness. We have seen in winter time my IAT2 go down to -4c (24.8f) at this IAT2 the intercooler fluid is at -11c (12.2f) it has also stayed between -3 and -4c for a good 30-45min while driving.

Last edited by GenF-GTS; 11-06-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #14
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Get yourself a STOCK GM LSA IAT sensor.....Trust me.
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote