Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-26-2008, 08:52 AM   #15
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
From what I've heard from MY dealer, and from dealers around me I've asked multiple questions... the "BUILD" schedule for the HP cars comming out of GM have been 10-14 days from the day of ordering. That is without shipping. So expect 3-4 weeks for everything. And well if production starts Feb. 16th 3-4 weeks from then sticks you right in the middle of March.... Which is what we've been saying the entire time.

So bet on having it March 16-22nd if you've Pre-ordered.... expect one sitting on a lot waiting to be sold around the middle of April.
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #16
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
I am also very anxious to get my car as well. I went to my dealer last night to go over the order one more time. When I got there, they had just unloaded the Corvette ZR1. I have seen pictures of that car, but what a site to see in person I couldn't believe it. I didn't realize all the parts that were Carbon Fiber. Hood and roof for starters....

Now, I have seen the concept camaro at shows, but can't wait to see Mine!

I am really glad GM is taking there time and pushing the Camaro out too soon.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #17
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakestar View Post
What if GM goes back to congress and they say: OK, you can have your money, but the Camaro sends the wrong message from what we want and you must scrap the Camaro program if you want our money.

Will GM turn down the money, or hand the reigns of the business over to government?
Can anyone say revolt?
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
Quote:
What if GM goes back to congress and they say: OK, you can have your money, but the Camaro sends the wrong message from what we want and you must scrap the Camaro program if you want our money
Man if that happened, I would have to double-check to make sure i'm still in America.

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
What if GM goes back to congress and they say: OK, you can have your money, but the Camaro sends the wrong message from what we want and you must scrap the Camaro program if you want our money.

Will GM turn down the money, or hand the reigns of the business over to government?
Well, if I worked for GM, I'd say they need to reevaluate their terms of the loan. I'd say that congress wants GM to be able to flourish and make the money it needs to do well in this economy, but also be able to further its research into alternative fuels...and then I'd mention the Volt.

I'd say that if the Camaro product lines were scrapped, Billions of dollars would basically be thrown down the drain. And then, I'd ask for compensation of that model line. In other words, ...."we want you to scrap the Camaro...wrong message."

GM: "Okay. And so far, we've put in 7.2 BILLION dollars (I have NO idea what they have put into it...just a random #...). So, if you want us to scrap it, tack on another 7.2Billion on top of the 12 billion we are already requesting."

Congress: "sorry...no more money."

GM: "Then you will be forcing bankruptcy on us."

This scenario will never happen. GM would never go for it unless they managed to get the gov't to reimburse them for everything they've put into it. Even then...got good. won't ever happen, though.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
CamaroEnergy4Life
CamaroEnergy4Life

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z28
good info, thanks everyone
CamaroEnergy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:43 PM   #21
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover

Drives: GM Toyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Unless they changed or do change it...

Monday February 16th, 2009 is the first day of production.

Add processing, loading, and transportation time to your destination from Oshawa.

Depends on where you are in line as well. Other things like batches of certain colors perhaps.
I hope that day is fact That day is President's Day though....does that holiday count in Canada?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #22
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350 HRSS View Post
I hope that day is fact That day is President's Day though....does that holiday count in Canada?
We don't have a president . . .
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #23
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
We don't have a president . . .
No wonder it's so crazy up there!
Old 11-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:

Not a chance of that happening. GM has too much money invested in the program. Not just Camaro, but other cars built on the same Zeta platform. GM would have to say cancel the much too common SUV Gas gussling "family car". Camaro is very respectable regarding fuel usage. GM is showing the world that you can have appealling performance as well as respectable fuel economy. How can that be considered the "wrong message"? I would be damn proud to claim 300 HP and 27 MPG. As it is I will have to settle for 422+ HP with 23 MPG.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #25
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
No wonder it's so crazy up there!
You FUNNY guy. Mr. Comedian -good work.

On the serious side, Rick Wagoner already told Congress that GM's less fuel-efficient vehicles have been put on the back burner, and in the future, they may not continue.

That was before all 3 CEO's got globally spanked for their snotty, selfish, greedy - I'm RICH and I like it - attitudes.

THIS TUESDAY, December 2nd on C-Span kids - be there.

camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #26
Inspector 17
I love crepes

A little love for all the Canucks!
Old 11-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #27
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Not a chance of that happening. GM has too much money invested in the program. Not just Camaro, but other cars built on the same Zeta platform. GM would have to say cancel the much too common SUV Gas gussling "family car". Camaro is very respectable regarding fuel usage. GM is showing the world that you can have appealling performance as well as respectable fuel economy. How can that be considered the "wrong message"? I would be damn proud to claim 300 HP and 27 MPG. As it is I will have to settle for 422+ HP with 23 MPG.
The business term is “Sunk Money”. This is money that is already spent and can not be returned. If it was the right thing to do GM would shut down the Camaro program and not be concerned with the money already spent. This is done all the time, where a million plus dollar machine is bought and a month later a company shuts down that division and literally scraps the machine or sells it for pennies on the dollar. Now with that said, I believe CWIweldance is on the right track. GM has designs on many future models based on this new rear wheel design. I agree that with 27MPG, GM, and for that fact all three US manufacturers, have several other models with much worse mileage that would get shut down before the Camaro program. Finally, not just because I am a Camaro Gen 5 fan (and soon to be owner), I believe when the V8 vs. V6 sales ratio does invert like GM believes it will, an overwhelming number of the sales will be the higher MPG vehicles which, along with the Camaro’s great looks, is what America is looking for. “Long live the Camaro!”
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #28
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r

Drives: 1991 Caprice
I went into my dad's work today since I am on vacation from college. And my salesmen/friend said that they WILL be getting some in, in 2 months. He gave me a little sheet that was confidential. So some dealers WILL be getting them in around feb/march. And they are about 1 hour south of the factory where it's being built so yea...
Th3Nigh7Stalk3r is offline   Reply With Quote