Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #29
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Yes, Apple markets the hell out of their spyware.

None of the other manufacturer's try to get into that league because they understand their users already know how to use an operating system to drag and drop whatever files (music, videos, etc.) they want onto their devices.

Please refer to the last few images in my post Steve Jobs and his disciples acting "ethically" with a quote like that? Ok, sure
Quotes are a funny thing because they can mean very different things depending on how they are presented. At that point in that interview they were discussing how the greatest accomplishments of humans have come from taking many ideas and bringing them together. Kind of like all the technology and features that are in your car that were created by other manufacturers. Taken in the context of the conversation it is much less sinister than it is often presented. The full sentence that they pulled that quote from is:

"Picasso had a saying- 'god artists copy, great artists steal'- and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas."

He then described the eclectic mix of experiences and backgrounds that the people they have working on their product development teams have and how that contributes to the creation of their products. He was talking about bringing together diverse ideas, not copying hardware and software.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #30
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I have an S3 and my wife has an iPhone 4s. My galaxy runs circles around her iPhone. Its faster, smoother, and easier to use not to mention s-talk is just as good as siri without all the cute little remarks. I will never own an apple computer therefore have no need for one of their phones.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #31
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
After watching 60 Minutes special on Steve Jobs I was convinced that I would never buy another Apple product. Additionally, apple care ripped me off by denying me a refund of my $99 insurance plan 3 days after I purchased the phone because the phone was stolen. If the phone wasn't stollen I would have recieved a $97 credit adjustment. I have owned both i phone and nexus s. I prefer the nexus. Samsung's new phones are so amazing. I'm counting the day until Note 2 is released.
If you ask me we're making them richer then ever feeding into the monopoly game.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM   #32
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
I have an S3 and my wife has an iPhone 4s. My galaxy runs circles around her iPhone. Its faster, smoother, and easier to use not to mention s-talk is just as good as siri without all the cute little remarks. I will never own an apple computer therefore have no need for one of their phones.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
^^ This!

The following comment is disapproved by apple and you will be hit with a lawsuit pending..
Old 09-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #33
goval
Anderson B.

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
^^ This!

The following comment is disapproved by apple and you will be hit with a lawsuit pending..
Hahaha.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #34
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goval View Post
Hahaha.
Can you imagine if all billionaire companies acted this way? Where would we be today?
Old 09-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #35
goval
Anderson B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Android is for smart people who like to customize their phone. Iphone is for idiots who just want a simple operating system that looks like it was designed for children.
Haha! You are so right.
When i had the iPhone and I had to use my wifes Android for a few minutes, i felt stupid cause it was difficult to use. Same thing happened with my S3. Took almost 2 weeks to get used to it. But its sooooo much better after. The iPhone is made so it stays simple, so Apple can do everything for their users. ITunes, Siri... owning an iphone is like owning a babysitter. Lol. It is a great device if you like people/companies doing things for you, even though you pay a serious amount of money for a device that claims "you" can do a lot with it... rly?
If you cant see Apple as a controlling/bullying company, then shoot yourself. They have the technology for certain things and they choose not to put on the upcoming device so they can keep their customers buying their products every year (great move if you have a lot of people that don't come to reality). A lot of Apple puppets upgrade their iphones/ipad every year; this is what they want. They want to pull the strings on you dummies.
I just read an article on yahoo about the expected new things to come on the iPhone 5 and all of those things the S3 already have. I'm wondering if they will claim the S3 is a copied product from them... hahaha!

By no means I am saying their products suck. I think Apple computers are the best computers and I will never own a Microsoft product again due to their problematic systems. When it comes to phones? I'm sorry, but foreign companies are hands down better at it than Apple. But again... they want 100% control, so they want to knock down the big cell phone makers so they can also control the cell phone market. Its all a dirty game for them, and you apple iphone users are fueling that dirty game. Keep it up and one day they will knock down Samsung and what will you gain? 1k prices on cell phones and you cant do jack about it.

Last edited by goval; 09-02-2012 at 09:10 AM.
goval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:12 AM   #36
HookemHorns

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
At the end of the day the iPhone is just the tip of the iceberg. While Apple's individual products are impressive, their real competitive advantage is the way their products integrate into one seamless digital counterpart. No one else is even in the same league in that respect and it is not something that will be easily duplicated. Business is business and Apple has acted in the best interests of their shareholders. As long as they continue to act legally and ethically then more power to them.
What he said but I still think they are greedy. It's a shame that I love my MAC so much...arrg.
HookemHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:40 PM   #37
goval
Anderson B.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/03/tech/w...html?c=showbiz
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #38
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
My husband and I both had an iPhone 3G. Awesome entry point for us into the smartphone market. When they started to become bricks after two years, we looked at what all was available for the only carrier that has service where we work (Verizon). My husband purchased an HTC Thunderbolt, and I went with the HTC Trophy (only Verizon Windows Phone). After a week with our phones, my husband traded his for a Trophy.

Almost a year now with them, and we love WP. We are the 2%
Old 09-03-2012, 07:55 PM   #39
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
Unlocked Google Nexus straight from Google with Jelly Bean and hot spot built in for $350. Then $0.99 sim card from TMobile no contract and $30 a month for 100 minutes of talk and unlimited data with no throttling until 5 gig. Best deal for me ever...

Just played with today and got Bluetooth working. With Pandora there is no need for XM.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:29 PM   #40
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
US intellectual property law is incredibly out of control

I have a galaxy S3 and I bought it because of how different it is from the iphone.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #41
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goval View Post
lol

There's lots of programs out there that you can download (freeware, mind you) that will strip the DRM from any music file and leave you with a clean mp3 (or whatever file format you prefer like .ogg, .aac, .flac, or even .mp4) file that can be transferred to any device or computer you choose.

Seems like a simpler solution than suing Apple...

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #42
goval
Anderson B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
lol

There's lots of programs out there that you can download (freeware, mind you) that will strip the DRM from any music file and leave you with a clean mp3 (or whatever file format you prefer like .ogg, .aac, .flac, or even .mp4) file that can be transferred to any device or computer you choose.

Seems like a simpler solution than suing Apple...
Lets see... you usually pay what? 15 bucks for a CD? On iTunes, its 1.50 for a song... now add that to 10-15 songs... seems like you pay for a CD through iTunes to just own the "licensing" for them... Again... its Apple overcharging their customers, because they are Apple and some people just don't click.