Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Not the reason I bought the Camaro but I'm glad I did!!!

Note: The original thread title was incorrect

Over the last few days, I've come across some pretty incredible postings about the crashes that some of the Camaro5 forum members or their family members have been in while driving (or stopped in) their Camaro's. The worst recently seems to be by Jason41 today (Fri 6/05) @ 12:40 AM whose wife was rear ended at 70 MPH ! ! ! See picture below. His wife is ok.

And so it has me glad that the 2010 Camaro is absolutey outstanding in the safety category - something I had in the back of my mind, but am now feeling very secure about.

And now my rant....
Most drivers today don't really care about the "art of driving" a car. To most of them a car is another appliance with no more attachment or meaning than a refrigerator or washing machine. Thats why they open their doors into your car and give YOU the look when you call them on it.
Four way stop signs are there for the other driver to stop, never for them.
Backing up on an exit ramp because they took the wrong exit, its now YOUR problem because you're in their way - they start honking and cursing at you!
And in suburbia, hey you don't need to pull to the curb when you let off a passenger or pick them up! Just stop in the middle of the road and let everyone go around you.
Oh and at night, its your tough luck that you're now blinded because someone wants to park on the wrong side of the road with their "brights" on blinding you as you try to go past.
Add to the mess the texting, cell phoning, and the ongoing problems of drunk and substance abuse idiots and we who care about driving a decent car - are doomed.
It seems that today, to them its "my right" to do what "I" want, where "I" want, however "I" want to. I guess that's what a "license to drive" means to them!!!!!!
I'm off on a rant but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the mentality of today's drivers got sooooooo bad.
Rant over.
Drive defensively and be careful out there for the sake of you, your family and your Camaro.
Attached Images

Mine at sunset

Last edited by KJS; 06-06-2009 at 02:13 PM.
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
Agreed...!
doood....I live in Southern Calif.......don't have to tell me how ignorant peeps driving is...
funny thing, We visited Germany this past March (beautiful country!)...and I was really impressed with their driving laws and just how much people "obey" them!
We could learn a thing or two from that system! For Example....it's illegal to pass on the right. I drove the Autobahn for 12 hours and not once was I passed on the right!

The video is a "spoof" of course.....but I found it apropos...

hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #3
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
For the guy that asked how to disable your seat bealt alarm, and that you like to cruise around going 20 mph without wearing one . This one is for you bud enjoy.
fireresq157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
steelmart

Drives: Camaro,TA,Syclone,IROC
The exact reasons I have few miles on my cars. 10 Camaro 9 days 147 miles, 02 TA 20300 miles, 91 Syclone 19000 miles, 89 IROC 88000 miles. Drove the hell out it. It is very sad that people just don't give a shit about other peoples cars. My 89 IROC was keyed with less than 200 miles on it. Some people are just jealous assholes or don't appreciate a beautiful auto. I understand your rant. +1000
steelmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
Agreed!! I also have the perspective of riding motorcycles for my entire life!! The accident above would have killed one or more bikers! Recently installed a large LED tail light cluster on my bike that blinks multiple times as I brake. The light is so bright it startles people behind me. So far I haven't been pulled over by the police for having the LED cluster---in NJ it's a matter of time. Almost nothing scares me more than being slammed into from behind by a inattentive driver.

be safe out there!!! If you have it, use the bluetooth feature on your car. Please.
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #6
hb-rocks

Drives: Chevy
and you will never find me out driving on a major "drunks take to the streets" holiday like New Years or St. Paddy's day!
hb-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 PM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
so you did buy one or you didn't?

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:13 PM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Old 06-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
I'm off on a rant but I cannot for the life of me figure out how the mentality of today's drivers got sooooooo bad.
Automatic transmissions (as well as other automated parts). It allows people to pay less attention and allows people to not have a clue how to actually drive. It's way too easy.

A true story... I was in Huntington Beach, CA. I had a rental car... a Chevy Equinox (which I really liked). I can't remember the last time I parallel parked my car... just never have to around here. In fact, I don't think I have have parallel parked my truck in the almost 3yrs I've had it. So anyways, I had to parallel park this thing which I wasn't that familiar with and in a pretty tight spot. First try, perfect, no problem. I look across the street, there's this kid trying to park his BMW. Fail... fail... fail... fail... I think it took him like 5 tries to figure it out. It's like that video on the internet where some guy gets out of his car and parks the car for the lady that can't figure out how to park her own damn car.

So yea, what's all this have to do with automatic transmissions? Well I don't think these people could ever get down the street in a stick. Either that or replacing the cluth would be so often it would make driving cost prohibitive. Even if they did figure it out, they would actually have to focus on driving instead of doing other things which would make them better drivers.

I don't mean this as a knock on people getting an auto Camaro at all. It's just a side affect of making driving easier.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 PM   #10
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Nothing like a good old USA made Turbo Hydramatic. I would not even be interested in getting one if it did not have this excellent automatic tranny.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...SS03/705020400
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #11
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Over the last few days, I've come across some pretty incredible postings about the crashes that some of the Camaro5 forum members or their family members have been in while driving (or stopped in) their Camaro's. The worst recently seems to be by Jason41 today (Fri 6/05) @ 12:40 AM whose wife was rear ended at 70 MPH ! ! ! See picture below. His wife is ok.

And so it has me glad that the 2010 Camaro is absolutey outstanding in the safety category - something I had in the back of my mind, but am now feeling very secure about.

And now my rant....
Most drivers today don't really care about the "art of driving" a car. To most of them a car is another appliance with no more attachment or meaning than a refrigerator or washing machine. Thats why they open their doors into your car and give YOU the look when you call them on it.
Backing up on an exit ramp because they took the wrong exit, its now YOUR problem because you're in their way - they start honking and cursing at you!
And in suburbia, hey you don't need to pull to the curb when you let off a passenger or pick them up! Just stop in the middle of the road and let everyone go around you.
Oh and at night, its your tough luck that you're now blinded because someone wants to park on the wrong side of the road with their "brights" on blinding you as you try to go past.
Add to the mess the texting, cell phoning, and the ongoing problems of drunk and substance abuse idiots and we who care about driving a decent car - are doomed.
It seems that today, to them its "my right" to do what "I" want, where "I" want, however "I" want to. I guess that's what a "license to drive" means to them!!!!!!
Rant over.
Drive defensively and be careful out there for the sake of you, your family and your Camaro.
I didn't know the camaro had 4 wheel steering?!!
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #12
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hb-rocks View Post
Agreed...!
doood....I live in Southern Calif.......don't have to tell me how ignorant peeps driving is...
funny thing, We visited Germany this past March (beautiful country!)...and I was really impressed with their driving laws and just how much people "obey" them!
We could learn a thing or two from that system! For Example....it's illegal to pass on the right. I drove the Autobahn for 12 hours and not once was I passed on the right!

The video is a "spoof" of course.....but I found it apropos...
]
do you realize how bad traffic would be if not passing on the right was enforced in the states? theres so many people cruising at 5 under the speed limit in the left and middle lanes where its just not practical
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:46 AM   #13
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:

And now my rant....
Rant over.
Thanks for the drivers education lesson. If I didn't understand the concept of driving a vehicle and what to look out for, I wouldn't have a license.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #14
mbauer14085RS/SS2010

Drives: 99 blazer/2010 2ss/rs iom now
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Automatic transmissions (as well as other automated parts). It allows people to pay less attention and allows people to not have a clue how to actually drive. It's way too easy.

A true story... I was in Huntington Beach, CA. I had a rental car... a Chevy Equinox (which I really liked). I can't remember the last time I parallel parked my car... just never have to around here. In fact, I don't think I have have parallel parked my truck in the almost 3yrs I've had it. So anyways, I had to parallel park this thing which I wasn't that familiar with and in a pretty tight spot. First try, perfect, no problem. I look across the street, there's this kid trying to park his BMW. Fail... fail... fail... fail... I think it took him like 5 tries to figure it out. It's like that video on the internet where some guy gets out of his car and parks the car for the lady that can't figure out how to park her own damn car.

So yea, what's all this have to do with automatic transmissions? Well I don't think these people could ever get down the street in a stick. Either that or replacing the cluth would be so often it would make driving cost prohibitive. Even if they did figure it out, they would actually have to focus on driving instead of doing other things which would make them better drivers.

I don't mean this as a knock on people getting an auto Camaro at all. It's just a side affect of making driving easier.
wow thats a slap in the face regardless of your last sentence about it not being a knock on people getting an automatic. its not the auto that makes it like that its the moron behind the wheel. and morons that post s^$% comments like this about driving being to easy. just where would you be in life if not for other automated parts?? i bet nothing automated helps you or is a conveniece to you. like if you need money and the banks closed oh those automated money machines dont come in handy now do they.
3800 Order produced (6/16/09)2G1FK1EJ3A9117972
4000 Available to ship (6/16/09)
4200 Shipped (6/19/09)
4300 Intermediate Delivery(6/20/09)
5000 Delivered to the dealer(6/22/09)
6000 Delivered to the customer (6/27/09)
mbauer14085RS/SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote