Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 10-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
CamaroCowboy

Drives: 2013 Chevy Truck
Barton Industries

Hey all I just wanted to share my experience dealing with Barton Industries and give a big thumbs up to their customer service.......

I ordered their orange shifter knob with the V8 Shift pattern.....It came in the mail on Tuesday. I opened the box after work to find a V6 sift pattern Orange Shifter Ball. I emailed them that night and simply told them what happend and gave them my number so we could work it out. I was only going to ask that they send me the right one and a pre-paid address label to send the other one back. Well wed morning when I got to work I had this email waiting for me.....

Hi Darrin,
I apologize for the mistake. All the shift balls are prepackaged, and it must have gotten put in with the V8's on accident.
We are currently out of the V8 shift pattern in the orange ball and will not have any instock for about 3-4 weeks.
I issued you a refund for the full amount. You can keep the current shift knob you have, and when I have more orange v8 shift knobs instock I will send you one at no cost.
Thanks,
Dave
Barton Industries

Now that is customer service.............WOW!!
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
My car is exactly that, No one has to like it but me!
CamaroCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
Hey all I just wanted to share my experience dealing with Barton Industries and give a big thumbs up to their customer service.......

I ordered their orange shifter knob with the V8 Shift pattern.....It came in the mail on Tuesday. I opened the box after work to find a V6 sift pattern Orange Shifter Ball. I emailed them that night and simply told them what happend and gave them my number so we could work it out. I was only going to ask that they send me the right one and a pre-paid address label to send the other one back. Well wed morning when I got to work I had this email waiting for me.....

Hi Darrin,
I apologize for the mistake. All the shift balls are prepackaged, and it must have gotten put in with the V8's on accident.
We are currently out of the V8 shift pattern in the orange ball and will not have any instock for about 3-4 weeks.
I issued you a refund for the full amount. You can keep the current shift knob you have, and when I have more orange v8 shift knobs instock I will send you one at no cost.
Thanks,
Dave
Barton Industries

Now that is customer service.............WOW!!
Nice when things work out... Kudo's to Barton Industries...

Build you a little adapter and use that one as a ceiling fan knob in your shop or garage...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #3
CamaroCowboy

actually I was going to try to get a bigger thread insert and put it on my lawn mover (its orange also).........Notice a trend......
Texas speed LT Headers and High Flow Cats, Magnaflow 3 inch cat-back Exhaust, SNL V2 Comp CAM, Texas Speed Underdrive Pully, G5CR CAI, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, JetFlo Mass Air Sensor, Custom Grill, Amber AAC Headlight and Fog Light Halo, Amber footwell Lighting, Amber under hood lighting, RK Sport Ram Air /Heat Extractor Hood and ADM Racing Scoop. 447.9 RWHP 428 TQ
Old 10-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #4
lets_go_bills

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS CGM M6
Wow. That doesn't happen very often. Usually companies will somehow turn it around and blame it on you. Great to hear there still are reputable companies out there who still give a damn about their customers.

lets_go_bills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
CamaroCowboy

With that kind of customer service it makes me wish I had baught a Barton Short Throw Shifter.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
This is EXACTLY why I like dealing with reputable companies.

To Barton Industries, I you!

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:46 AM   #7
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 AM   #8
ZuluKilla8

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS RJT
They have great service, I ordered the flat shifter with Ball and installed it, was waiting about a month or so for the T-Bar, when it finally came in he sent one out to me for no cost also!!! Great guy!
2010 Camaro SS LS3 Holley Hi-Ram Manifold,Custom grind boost cam,Vortech V-3,10Rib 3.47 Pully Airfilter Pipe Delete, 10 PSI, TSP LT Headers, Flowmaster Outlaws, Alky Control Meth Kit, PFADT 1.25, ZL1 Fuel Pump, DSS 1000HP axles, Mantic ER2 Clutch, Full BMR rear suspension drag pack upgrade. C6 Vette 18 rims with M/T 305 out back. COPO Hood
Race Proven Motorsports tuned
ZuluKilla8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:52 AM   #9
Fidgit

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Black-on-Black
Thats awesome, this is why I love these forums, it shows you the bad AND THE GOOD. Definitely a company I am going to be checking out for some stuff now.
Fidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #10
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgit View Post
Thats awesome, this is why I love these forums, it shows you the bad AND THE GOOD. Definitely a company I am going to be checking out for some stuff now.

Just a little feed back on thiers shifter. I went with them after installing a Hurst back in 09. Right as they were producing them....over 20,000 strong miles on it and still going strong!!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #11
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
+1 for Barton

I just installed their short throw with the pistol grip and LOVE it. Their service was top notch as well. I PM'd Dave to ask about shipping to Canada and he shipped it to me at no additional cost! I just paid the 10 bucks like everyone else. I'm so used to getting raked over the coals ordering things from the US I just expected the worst.

I wish I could order everything from Dave haha.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 AM   #12
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCowboy View Post
actually I was going to try to get a bigger thread insert and put it on my lawn mover (its orange also).........Notice a trend......
I need to swing by your house and take a gander at a lawn mover... I ain't never seed one'a them thangs...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #13
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Barton is THE BEST. Love my shifter!!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:02 AM   #14
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
Dave is a great guy .

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote