Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #127
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by linc400 View Post
Get over yourself. It is just a car, and no car is perfect. That was the point of the entire post.

Probably not going to happen, but if GM took notice of the complaints and came out with a 6th gen that looked equally good but came in more colors, had more backseat and trunk space, no transmission problems and better paint. How would that be a bad thing?

Besides, it looks like according to your sig, you don't even own one. So how would you know what flaws it does or does not have?
I "understand" that it is a car, but there are hundreds and hundreds of cars available. All are focused on a certain niche wether it be gas mileage, luxury, sport, cargo carrying, etc. The Camaro is focused on value based performance. Because of that your not going to get things like cargo carrying capability. The design which many like does not allow for a large and comfortable rear seat. Yes nothing is perfect, but the Camaro which was dead is a huge success amongst its competitors. And no I haven't bought a Camaro yet as I'm waiting for a Z28. I won't complain about its trunk size or lack of...I'll just mod it to fit my own personal desires.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #128
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Try it with a convertible's smaller trunk.
Ha, if the tops down making the trunk small, that just opens up the whole back seat for stuff....vert's have the largest "trunk" of them all
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #129
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Ha, if the tops down making the trunk small, that just opens up the whole back seat for stuff....vert's have the largest "trunk" of them all
I like your glass half Full approach.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #130
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I have to agree with the keyless, I had a keyless fob with my old caddy. It senses when your near, and unlocks when you pull the handle. Even sensed which Fob was where and auto moved the seats and mirrors according to which one of you was driving. just sit, push the buutton and everything went where it was supposed to.

That sould at least be an option, I wouldnt even have hesitated to pay extra on purchase for that.

Though my thoughts are, if they just put everything in the first model, they wouldnt get as many people trading up as they do by introducing things gradually.......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:43 PM   #131
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
Really? I think this is your only solution...

Attachment 373321
Can i make it with some kind a wood ?
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:12 PM   #132
45SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Camaro SS
to much plastic on the front!
45SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:43 PM   #133
steverc

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT V6 AT
I am 6'3" tall. The head room is ok but on longer drives I need more lower back support. It would have been nice to have a simple manually operated lower back adjustment like I had on my Grand Prix. Even my GMC Canyon has this. I would prefer simple manual adjustments for the whole seat for that matter.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #134
linc400

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th anniversary convert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I "understand" that it is a car, but there are hundreds and hundreds of cars available. All are focused on a certain niche wether it be gas mileage, luxury, sport, cargo carrying, etc. The Camaro is focused on value based performance. Because of that your not going to get things like cargo carrying capability. The design which many like does not allow for a large and comfortable rear seat. Yes nothing is perfect, but the Camaro which was dead is a huge success amongst its competitors. And no I haven't bought a Camaro yet as I'm waiting for a Z28. I won't complain about its trunk size or lack of...I'll just mod it to fit my own personal desires.
For people that buy this car as a weekend toy, no rear seat and trunk space do not matter. But this is my daily driver. Also I take several long distance trips during the summer, and this car has the least amount of rear seat and trunk space of any car I have ever owned despite being called big and bulky by every car review. I am seriously wondering if it can even be used for that with my friend and everything that goes with. I usually go to a lot of car shows during the summer with 2 other people, and both have now refused to ride in the back seat. And I don't blame them.

As I said I attend many car shows. There are plenty of cars that are Camaro 5 size or smaller coupes that offer far more rear seat and trunk room without sacrificing styling. Including 1960's Camaros. Seems like the big 3 have forgotten how to do that.

And I absolutely hate 4 doors and refused to buy one. So no, there are not hundreds of cars to choose from because that rules out 98% of them.

If you buy an LS, you are getting a car with awesome styling and performance for the price of a bland econobox. However, if you buy a convertible or SS, you are now in luxury car pricing. And the interior is not upgraded to reflect that.
linc400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #135
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
For people that buy this car as a weekend toy, no rear seat and trunk space do not matter. But this is my daily driver.
there's your problem, it's not designed to be a daily driver. and yes, It certainly can be used as one, but that wasn't the purpose that drove the design of the car.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #136
linc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Yeah, I don't think I'll be putting down the top during Chicago winters so I can fit a few extra things in the car.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #137
linc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
there's your problem, it's not designed to be a daily driver. and yes, It certainly can be used as one, but that wasn't the purpose that drove the design of the car.
Not many people can afford to spend this kind of money on a new car that is only used as a weekend toy. If the car cannot be used practically, it won't stay in production very long.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #138
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
I wish the orange light that is on my doors was continued across the dash where it looks like it should be lit up. That would make it look awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!
Like the concept car, yes!

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #139
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Not many people can afford to spend this kind of money on a new car that is only used as a weekend toy. If the car cannot be used practically, it won't stay in production very long.

that's why these types of cars are generally low production. the camaro is top of the list in sales of this type of vehicle. and it's 6-7k in volume is pretty low, at least when you compare it to midsize's that range anywhere from 25k to 65k, and compacts that sell between 15-45k per month. it's also why they come and go over the years. and it's not just the domestic 3. nissan doesn't sell but 1000-1500 370's, and sales of Honda's S2000 got so bad they discontinued it. and I'm guessing that's the same reason Toyota pulled the plug on the MR2 and cellica. they just aren't practical every day cars.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #140
linc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
that's why these types of cars are generally low production. the camaro is top of the list in sales of this type of vehicle. and it's 6-7k in volume is pretty low, at least when you compare it to midsize's that range anywhere from 25k to 65k, and compacts that sell between 15-45k per month. it's also why they come and go over the years. and it's not just the domestic 3. nissan doesn't sell but 1000-1500 370's, and sales of Honda's S2000 got so bad they discontinued it. and I'm guessing that's the same reason Toyota pulled the plug on the MR2 and cellica. they just aren't practical every day cars.
Yes, well that is the problem. The Mustang and Camaro and Challenger were based on their 1960's or 70's versions. Which actually could be practical daily drivers. Especially the Mustang as it was never originally intended to be a performance car, That came later.

None of the new versions are as practical.