Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 AM   #1
YO-EL

Drives: none
How tough is the gray interior?

Ordering an IBM 2SS.. w/ Sliver Ralley stripes..

Thinking about the gray but looks hard to keep clean or does it get dirty too easily? Also the gray has light carpet..
Kinda don't want the beige seats that come w/ black carpets..

So debating if the black seats with the black carpet is too much black?

Thoughts, comments on the gray seats/interior?
Thanks!
YO-EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:12 AM   #2
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by YO-EL View Post
Ordering an IBM 2SS.. w/ Sliver Ralley stripes..

Thinking about the gray but looks hard to keep clean or does it get dirty too easily? Also the gray has light carpet..
Kinda don't want the beige seats that come w/ black carpets..

So debating if the black seats with the black carpet is too much black?

Thoughts, comments on the gray seats/interior?
Thanks!
oh no... gray carpet with the gray seats? crap. didn't know that.
cam62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
10RsCamaro
Slow v6

Drives: Automatic Automobile
Send a message via Skype™ to 10RsCamaro
Get black /w the black mats it comes with. Never gets dirty and looks good in any camaro!
10RsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:16 AM   #4
jasonsk287

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT
I have the gray interior in my 1LT. You will get not only gray seats but the gray carpet, dash (only 2LT/2SS) and roof liner. I actually love it.
jasonsk287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
YO-EL

Jason..

Do the gray seats get dirty fairly easily? I mean like from jeans etc?? Or just normal wear?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:32 AM   #6
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
I test drove an '11 IBM with black interior. If I recall the door panels were silver so it's not just solid black interior. My SS is black interior and I rather like it. All the trim is silver so there is some contrast to break things up. The only thing I didn't like about the lighter colors is that after time they show dirt. I looked at some used IOMs and the orange interior was dirty looking, the kind of worn in discoloring that doesn't wipe off.

My wife's GTP is tan leather and she was meticulous with keeping it clean. It's now a kid's driver, but in time it showed wear and looked "dirty" even though it wasn't. I used to treat it with leather preservative to help keep it in good shape.

So if the grey you're considering isn't real dark, likely after time it will show that grime that embeds itself into the leather. Unless you cover the seats it's hard to avoid in a daily driver.
bannonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 AM   #7
YO-EL

Yea, thats what I was thinking..
I'll order the black seats
Old 11-07-2011, 06:49 AM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Yes, your jeans will leave a blue tint on the grey leather seats. Just clean them once a week with a good leather cleaner and condition them once a month. The blue comes right off if you don't let it set in for a long time.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:56 AM   #9
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have the gray interior and have had no problems keeping it looking new. I clean the car once a week that includes just wiping down the seats. I did change out the gray floor mats for GM black mats.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
jasonsk287

Quote:
Originally Posted by YO-EL View Post
Jason..

Do the gray seats get dirty fairly easily? I mean like from jeans etc?? Or just normal wear?
To be honest I really haven't seen them getting dirty easier than normal seats do. They seem pretty resistant. Granted, if you get leather, it'll be easier to clean than cloth anyway (I have the cloth). I'm so glad I went with the gray instead of the normal black. If you're going to order your car I'd definitely go with the gray.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM   #11
jasonsk287

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Lightning View Post
I have the gray interior and have had no problems keeping it looking new. I clean the car once a week that includes just wiping down the seats. I did change out the gray floor mats for GM black mats.
Same here. Always good to clean out the interior; the carpets do get kinda dirty from daily use. But nothing a little maintenance wouldn't take care of. But the seats look fine!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #12
SpendyWendy

Drives: 2011 SW 2SS/RS M6 Delivered 5/20/11
I have the gray and love the 2 tone look. I just wipe down the seats with a cleaner/conditioner about once an month and they look brand new. Just like Black Lightning said - get black floor mats and you will be good since there is a fair amount of black in the car already.
SpendyWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #13
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
I've had my 2LT IBM with silver stripes and gray interior for a (13,xxx miles) year now. I like the color combo and it lightens up the interior. This is the only interior that also has a different head liner. The seats don't get dirty looking. I got the upgraded mats but may go with a black mat, that's the only thing that gets dirty looking.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #14
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
you gotta look at pictures to decide what you like, as far as gray leather goes(or any light leather) I am (used to be) a detailer and can tell you its not the leather that decides on the dirt when talking about jeans, its the jeans.

From my gray(inner) vinyl to a $70k gray mercedes, the jeans will bleed on to it and rub off, you just have to clean it more often, a woman's mercedes specifically that I clean probably wears a new pair of jeans everyday so I always had to get blue off of her seats.

Black will show crumbs and dust or dog hair, or anything else like that before the lighter colors will. So, thats up to you.

Same with carpet, black will show dirt and crumbs, leaves, and big stuff, but tan will show any spills, gum, red clay that couldnt come out etc.

Hard to stain black.

Personally, I am getting tan, (with black carpet), Think its the best of both worlds, and i will probably paint the door panel inserts since they look sparkley gold.