Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-27-2023, 08:49 PM   #1
neitzelm88

Drives: 2013 Camaro 3.6
Torqstorm lower boost after new clutch and transmission

Hey all,

I have a 2010 camaro ss with an ls3 and manual tr6060 transmission. I have a big cam, headers and torqstorm supercharger. Earlier this summer I snapped the output shaft of the transmission. I ended up upgrading to a mcleod rxt clutch and stage 7 tr6060 transmission from RPM transmissions. Before all of this, I was getting about 8.5psi of boost. Now, Im only getting around 6psi.

Any ideas on why this might be happening? Engine seems to run fine. Seems a little more sluggish at low rpm. Im leaning towards a vacuum leak but wanted to see if anyone else had any other thoughts before diving into this further.
neitzelm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Are engine RPMs staying the same? Is the Check Engine Light on? Do you have a boost/vacuum gauge by chance? If it was a vacuum leak, your boost/vac gauge should indicate it.

Since the boost from a centri style blower is directly tied to engine RPM, your looking at three possibilities:
1. boost/vac leak (vac hose, boost line, bypass/blow-off valve, etc.)
2. belt slip
3. mechanical issue within the head unit

It also makes me wonder if your previous tranny/clutch setup was slipping a little bit, allowing for more RPM at a given load.

A big cam could definitely cause low speed sluggishness, but that would have been there from the beginning.

Provide some additional info if you can.

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote