Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #407
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
How's the car running magnum?
Old 12-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #408
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
If not for the stalling, the car would be almost perfect. The stalling issue is pissing me off though and I just now finally got back into contact with IPF since their server placed my emails as spam. Started ordering parts to upgrade to a 1LE rear end and debating going one size smaller on the pulley.

Also trying to get replacement parts for when I have to cut the supercharger bolts out since they are stripped and getting a new oil catch can.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #409
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Hope you get that stalling issue worked out, but keep us updated on the smaller pulley.

If you ever need bolts for the one you stripped, you can go to a Fastenal. One of the bolts from IPF was too big and needed a extra one. They aren't shiny, but if in a pinch they'll work (but the SC hides my spare.)
Old 12-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #410
MagnumForceGB

Thanks, got my new bolts from the nutty store. Need to get everything apart to repaint the brackets and supercharger also since they got scratched up. Think high heat rattle can will work?

I have some BMR lowering springs coming in and my new toe rods got here last week, but its too cold to work in the garage. I used to work outside in this cold weather fixing jets, but I was a lot younger and getting paid for it.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:48 PM   #411
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
If not for the stalling, the car would be almost perfect. The stalling issue is pissing me off though and I just now finally got back into contact with IPF since their server placed my emails as spam. Started ordering parts to upgrade to a 1LE rear end and debating going one size smaller on the pulley.

Also trying to get replacement parts for when I have to cut the supercharger bolts out since they are stripped and getting a new oil catch can.
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but my car has never stalled since my IPF installation- normal idle speed at all times.

I know every LLT seems a little different, but inquire to Andy about the tune I've got and see if it wouldn't work for yours too. The tune was labeled for use with long tube headers and no cats.

I've also just thrown my stock cats back on without adverse effect and without changing tunes (still using my JBA short tubes). Thing still runs like a champ. I've been monitoring short and long term trims and while it's not going as high on positive short terms, everything still seems fine.

I also have to report that despite well worn P-Zeros and 8" of snow in a town with no snow plows or salt and after dark with temps dropping fast- my S/C'd V6 manual trans made it 9 miles home (uphill 8miles) often turning just 1K rpm out of necessity without missing a beat.

People can say how much better the "maggies" are than centrifugal superchargers, but when you need progressive power, that Vortech is hard to beat! And IPF can tune a LLT!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #412
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
I hope I'm not jinxing myself, but my car has never stalled since my IPF installation- normal idle speed at all times.

I know every LLT seems a little different, but inquire to Andy about the tune I've got and see if it wouldn't work for yours too. The tune was labeled for use with long tube headers and no cats.

I've also just thrown my stock cats back on without adverse effect and without changing tunes (still using my JBA short tubes). Thing still runs like a champ. I've been monitoring short and long term trims and while it's not going as high on positive short terms, everything still seems fine.

I also have to report that despite well worn P-Zeros and 8" of snow in a town with no snow plows or salt and after dark with temps dropping fast- my S/C'd V6 manual trans made it 9 miles home (uphill 8miles) often turning just 1K rpm out of necessity without missing a beat.

People can say how much better the "maggies" are than centrifugal superchargers, but when you need progressive power, that Vortech is hard to beat! And IPF can tune a LLT!
Does your car ever dip in RPM's while coming to a stop from 45+ mph at around 30 mph? Mine has only stalled once in the past week but every day after the car has warmed up the engine will dip in RPM's around 30 mph when coming to a stop and the smell of fuel is very strong. I have a theory about why its doing it but will take time to test it.

Do you know what tune you are running? The current tune I have has near 0% LTFT's. The one prior to that was +25% LTFT's and causing massive problems with WOT runs from being too rich.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #413
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Would love to know your theory on the rpm dip. Latest tune has been good with no stall but there is still a dip.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 AM   #414
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Does your car ever dip in RPM's while coming to a stop from 45+ mph at around 30 mph? Mine has only stalled once in the past week but every day after the car has warmed up the engine will dip in RPM's around 30 mph when coming to a stop and the smell of fuel is very strong. I have a theory about why its doing it but will take time to test it.

Do you know what tune you are running? The current tune I have has near 0% LTFT's. The one prior to that was +25% LTFT's and causing massive problems with WOT runs from being too rich.
Do you have the black ice insulator?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #415
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Would love to know your theory on the rpm dip. Latest tune has been good with no stall but there is still a dip.
I think it has to do with the PCV system. Last night I took the catch can line that went from the can to the intake tube pre-supercharger and branched it off with a 3/8th's line to the intake manifold. Since I didn't have a check valve I couldn't drive into boost range but when coming to a stop the RPM's didn't dip below 500 RPM's. I am ordering an E2 can with a single check valve to put on the dirty side while keeping the IPF can on the clean side for now to see if this works.

Right before the stall the IM pressure is -25 in/hg and the AFR goes to 10:1. On the OEM setup the IM vacuum would be pulling air from the air tube after the MAF, through the crankcase and into the intake manifold. The MAF would see this air travelling through the crankcase. With the IPF setup the IM vacuum is still there but it is not getting any air from that tube. The MAF is still seeing air moving though because of the supercharger spinning, so its trying to add fuel to burn off what it thinks is crankcase fumes but there is no air. When I branched the line last night it provided some air to help, but it is not the ideal setup since the IM vacuum was fighting the supercharger inlet vacuum and the air in the crankcase probably was not moving around much.

This is just a theory, I'll be testing it when I get the oil catch can. If it doesn't work at least I'll have a can that can capture all the oil that is by-passing the catch can now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Do you have the black ice insulator?
Yes, I have the spacer installed but it stalls with or without the spacer.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:20 AM   #416
Black Knight

My car is stock 2011 Manuel . Now other modification and has stalled three times in 600miles

Last edited by Black Knight; 12-13-2013 at 04:27 AM. Reason: Editing
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #417
MagnumForceGB

Yesterday I drove the car after hooking it back up to the IPF setting and she tried to stall within 5 minutes. I will be testing the hell out of it after I get my oil catch can.

Since this thread also had a Mustang in the title, the Mustang is running great. The new 3.73 gears changed the cars attitude while accelerating. Getting a Driveshaft Shop 3.5" shaft to put into my wife's 8.8" rear end, then the long saving up for a Procharger kit. Thankfully hers can be dyno tuned.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:40 PM   #418
stevey_frac

Drives: 2010 LT2/RS Coupe
Quote:
3.5" shaft to put into my wife's 8.8" rear end
This phrasing is a tad awkward... May want to rephrase. Just sayin'.
275 / 40 / 20 Continental ExtremeContact DW's on all corners

Next up:
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe (Purchased but not installed)
EBC Redstuff street pads
Carbotech XP8 / XP12 track pads
1LE Track Pack

Note: This car built by JDP Motorsports!
stevey_frac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #419
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
Old 12-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #420
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevey_frac View Post
It was on purpose, you should see my facebook page. At the track I will post things like "At the track getting ready to spank my wife... then we are going to race."