Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

View Poll Results: Do you plan to get this recall if you had a choice?
Yes 245 15.30%
No 1,356 84.70%
Voters: 1601. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2014, 08:12 AM   #2087
DarthZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailnut View Post
Engine Oil i understand but get the Diff Oil changed at 1500 miles - didn't know that???
I just wanted to get the oil that was in both that was used during the "break in" period out before I beat the hell out of my car.
--- DarthZL1 - 2014 ZL1 #2095 M6 Black. Bone Stock ---
--- BigNLo - 1996 Impala SS Hot Rod Black. Lots of mods ---
DarthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #2088
Trailnut

Drives: '15 Colorado, '73 C/10
I got ya man
Old 07-18-2014, 01:27 PM   #2089
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
By that logic, why should anybody even contemplate spending $2000 or more for new tires and wheels for a brand-new car? Or come up with a list of things you want to change even before taking delivery?

Seriously, if you don't like Chevy's "fix" for this, just modify that just like you would with wheels, or a tune, or tint, or . . .

Norm
It's not me feeling that way, I'm keeping my original fob/key.
I'm talking about the people who are buying a brand new Camaro and have to deal with this recall and all the waiting, some bad stories and some satisfied.
Yes you can get a custom fob, but this isn't the subject.
Besides, modifying exterior parts is all in the persons interest of how they want there Camaro to look and ride.

George
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.

Last edited by 10 2SS/RS 6M; 07-18-2014 at 04:48 PM.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #2090
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
Besides modifying exterior parts is all in the persons interest of how they want there Camaro to look and ride.
I guess what I just can't see is how there's any difference between changing something on the car because you want something different and modifying this key/fob because you want something about them changed from what Chevy wants to give you. In this case, adding a little light to the key might just be able to turn this recall (that few seem to want) into something unexpected and actually useful. What's not to like?

I'd hate to be afraid to modify things to suit me better . . . and "things" covers more than just the cars I happen to own.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:48 PM   #2091
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I guess what I just can't see is how there's any difference between changing something on the car because you want something different and modifying this key/fob because you want something about them changed from what Chevy wants to give you. In this case, adding a little light to the key might just be able to turn this recall (that few seem to want) into something unexpected and actually useful. What's not to like?

I'd hate to be afraid to modify things to suit me better . . . and "things" covers more than just the cars I happen to own.

Norm
I agree, your probably right, but of course a lot has to do with $, but don't it seem like everything is...
I'm a gear head, I didn't have the car a month before I installed the headers (whole exhaust) and CAI. It's all what you enjoy doing.
GM is a large car manufacturer, you never know, maybe they will offer a few different options.............
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #2092
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
2010+ Camaro ingnition key recall, WHAT A JOKE!!!

I heard about this recall and at first thought, it sounded pretty damn silly to me.

Today, I just happened to remember the recall as I was driving my 2010 SSRS around and I wanted to see if I could hit the ignition key with my knee to turn it off while I was driving.

In all honesty, I wanted to simply see if I could even touch the key with my knee. Simply put, it was physically IMPOSSIBLE for me to tough the ignition key with my knee with my seat in the proper position and with the steering wheel in the proper location.

Now, if I raised the steering wheel up as high as possible and moved my seat forward about three times farther they it should be for proper position to drive, I could JUST touch the key with my knee.

Sitting in a parking lot, I TRIED to turn the ignition off with my knee..... I could not do it.

I see this as a non issue. I dropped my car off at our local dealership who asked me to bring it in for their annual car show and I was talking to some friends of mine that are salemen at the dealership and we started talking about this recall. They got on their computers and showed me some youtube videos of some FOOLS hanging their legs over the steering wheel and then freaking out when the ignition turned off.

My point, we can not prevent STUPID but unfortunately these days, the STUPID have all the power. 20-30-40 years ago, we would tell them, "Hey, DUMD ASS!! Drive like you should you FOOL!!"

Now we recall everything for a problem that only exists for STUPID PEOPLE that have no idea how to drive.

Now I am not saying that there is not a problem if you have 5 lbs of crap hanging off your ignition key but again, this is common sense, take the crap off your key, problem solved.

Educate every sells person that sells GM cars to tell customers that they should not put things on their keys, problem solved.

Just amazing how we try to recall and protect STUPID people from themselves when that is truly IMPOSSIBLE.

Sorry for the rant, just sick of people not using the space between their ears anymore, to much of that going on these days.

Other then that have a great weekend!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #2093
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Haven't we been over all of this ?
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #2094
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiftydriver View Post
I heard about this recall and at first thought, it sounded pretty damn silly to me.

Today, I just happened to remember the recall as I was driving my 2010 SSRS around and I wanted to see if I could hit the ignition key with my knee to turn it off while I was driving.

In all honesty, I wanted to simply see if I could even touch the key with my knee. Simply put, it was physically IMPOSSIBLE for me to tough the ignition key with my knee with my seat in the proper position and with the steering wheel in the proper location.

Now, if I raised the steering wheel up as high as possible and moved my seat forward about three times farther they it should be for proper position to drive, I could JUST touch the key with my knee.

Sitting in a parking lot, I TRIED to turn the ignition off with my knee..... I could not do it.

I see this as a non issue. I dropped my car off at our local dealership who asked me to bring it in for their annual car show and I was talking to some friends of mine that are salemen at the dealership and we started talking about this recall. They got on their computers and showed me some youtube videos of some FOOLS hanging their legs over the steering wheel and then freaking out when the ignition turned off.

My point, we can not prevent STUPID but unfortunately these days, the STUPID have all the power. 20-30-40 years ago, we would tell them, "Hey, DUMD ASS!! Drive like you should you FOOL!!"

Now we recall everything for a problem that only exists for STUPID PEOPLE that have no idea how to drive.

Now I am not saying that there is not a problem if you have 5 lbs of crap hanging off your ignition key but again, this is common sense, take the crap off your key, problem solved.

Educate every sells person that sells GM cars to tell customers that they should not put things on their keys, problem solved.

Just amazing how we try to recall and protect STUPID people from themselves when that is truly IMPOSSIBLE.

Sorry for the rant, just sick of people not using the space between their ears anymore, to much of that going on these days.

Other then that have a great weekend!!!
Over and done with.....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 06:23 PM   #2095
Sunkistcamaro

Drives: 69 Camaro & 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Notice??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkistcamaro View Post
I keep waiting for the letter in the mail... Maybe the general forgot about me.
Still waiting for my letter. I think someone drove over the snail delivering my mail. Anyone else not get theirs?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #2096
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Haven't got mine but don't care since I'm not turning over my key switchblade .
Old 07-22-2014, 10:46 PM   #2097
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkistcamaro View Post
Still waiting for my letter. I think someone drove over the snail delivering my mail. Anyone else not get theirs?
They have 60 days from the announcement of the recall to send out the letters.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:50 AM   #2098
DriftinSSRS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS RS
How much would it cost for a new style replacement key from the dealer? I don't want to give up either one of my switchblade keys. I'll use the new key for dealership visits.
DriftinSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM   #2099
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
They have 60 days from the announcement of the recall to send out the letters.
Let's see if this thread gets to 3,000 before the letters start arriving.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:06 PM   #2100
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftinSSRS View Post
How much would it cost for a new style replacement key from the dealer? I don't want to give up either one of my switchblade keys. I'll use the new key for dealership visits.
You don't have to give up any of your switchblade keys. This is NOT A MANDATORY recall. You are not being forced to take your car to the dealer to get the new key/fob setup. You can choose to ignore the recall letter, or if you go to the dealer for warranty service, you can opt out of the recall at that time.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, camaro, new camaro, question, recall