Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #6315
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
a.s.a.p.
Have something up your sleeve do you????
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #6316
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
Your latest IBM 'shop' still seems slightly ..................... purple. Anything you wanna say?
Yeah....Get a new monitor.

(actually...I did that one intentionally....what do you get when you shine a golden/orange sun-beam on a blue car? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Have something up your sleeve do you????
Most likely....and he seems to have an endless number of sleeves...
Old 10-03-2011, 10:28 AM   #6317
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Ok ok ok, something is going on with Number 3. When was his last post? And if he is checking in once in a while why no post? Has he been banned? :( is GM afraid of beans accidentally being spilt. Very strange, almost conspiracy like. hey #3 your very much missed. C'mon back.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:31 AM   #6318
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

Most likely....and he seems to have an endless number of sleeves...
That he does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Ok ok ok, something is going on with Number 3. When was his last post? And if he is checking in once in a while why no post? Has he been banned? :( is GM afraid of beans accidentally being spilt. Very strange, almost conspiracy like. hey #3 your very much missed. C'mon back.
Maybe he has a CTF ZL1 and he has to stay away so he doesnt spill any beans....
Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #6319
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
He's fine, just can't post for now.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:07 AM   #6320
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
He's fine, just can't post for now.
Thanks. Tell him hello for me.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:13 AM   #6321
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
He has most certainly NOT been banned.

We are very lucky to have a great relationship with the Camaro team at GM. They regularly ask us to remove stuff the is on the fringe of what they want released...

I'm sure if Number3 had said anything they didn't like they'd tell us to remove it immediately... But we all know that is not the number3 we've come to know. If I were a betting man he's the last guy to deliberately or accidentally release anything GM said not to... I mean look at his reaction to the "high horse power camaro" leak that came form the dealer's conference. 3 wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole. Because GM told employees not to discuss the leak... Even AFTER it was made public...

I'm guessing he's just ultra busy and maybe doing stuff the prevents him from posting...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:03 PM   #6322
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa

I'm kinda quiet because I'm at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this week.

I've always wanted to see the Vader balloon, and this week I did.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #6323
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

I'm kinda quiet because I'm at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this week.

I've always wanted to see the Vader balloon, and this week I did.

That is a lot of flame powered flammable material right there!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:40 PM   #6324
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I'm guessing he's just ultra busy and maybe doing stuff the prevents him from posting...
That'd be my guess, as well. Busy is as busy does.

On another note...guess who test-drove a 2007 Z06 this evening?

I always liked Corvettes...and figured, heck, if I'm willing spend that kind of money on a ZL1, why not a lightly-used Z06? Well...up until today...Good Luck Finding One Around Here!!!

But a beautiful blue Z06 caught my eye in the setting sun, and I decided it was worth a look. They wanted 48,000 for a 2007 2LZ with 6500 miles on it. Not the greatest deal in the world, but not bad, either.

Told him I was interested (wasn't a lie...)...we spoke, and he agreed to let me test-drive it around the block. Great!!

Here's where the story twists...you know in the movies when the trouble-maker guy thinks he's about to be pat down in the airport by a beautiful female TSA agent....and then he's ushered into a room with a questionable-looking man wearing rubber gloves? I kinda felt like I was in that movie...

The very pleasant salesman helping me had to go about a half hour ago (), so he asked a colleague to ride shotgun with me while I drove it.

Now...folks, barring the irresponsible...you don't ask to test drive a Z06 Corvette to discover if you like the radio...we turned onto an empty street and I gunned it to about 40 (5mph over the speed limit...just enough to get a taste)....

Salesman-proxy guy FREAKED OUT! "EASY, EASY, EASY!!!!" He yelled, with eyes wider than if he were getting LASIK...."Speed limit's only 35!!! You don't need to do that, the car is plenty powerful!" (remember what I said about not caring about the radio...or the air conditioning....)

I politely informed him that I only made it to 40, and that we're back down to the legal limit....

After a good 3-minutes of stop signs, rolling over leaves, and never reaching about 40 or 1500 rpms...we finally pulled up to the main road (dealership was the next stop). Just to make sure he wasn't going to wet himself, I "asked" (fully expecting him to let me) if I could gun it up to 45mph (the speed limit)....once again, he flipped out on me...

"YES!! I do mind, actually!! If you've done your research on Z06's, you know that's not something you need to do! When you own it, you can 'gun it' all you want!!"

. . . .

I pulled it back into it's spot (perfectly, I might add)...got out, tossed him the key, and drove away. Jerk....

I was genuinely interested...having never driven it, and a car purchase impending...I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything extraordinary by setting my sights only on a ZL1 Camaro.

I'd NEVER buy from that dealer without an apology or something...am I being ridiculous for thinking that? Or was my wiener-passenger?

But anyways...for the 3/4 of a second I felt it...DAMN, that's one fast 'Vette!!! laugh:

I've only felt that sort of kick-in-the-gut acceleration one other time, and it was in gtahvit's THR22 in Valdosta...But I like 75% of the Camaro better than the Corvette...and the seat'o pants-ometer measures about the same between the two (Camaro having an extra 80-100hp)...so I no longer want to deviate...Camaro, please!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #6325
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
You had a weenie salesman. It would be different if you were a 16 year old kid, maybe. But a grown adult?

I always ask before I do a test drive if they mind me giving it a bit of gas. If they say no, I say I am not interested in a test drive or the vehicle. Then at least we both know where we stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:57 PM   #6326
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Mmmmmm... A black Z06. If only I could...
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #6327
91Z28350

Drives: 2012 GT500 SVTPP 2010 Traverse LTZ
As long as you don't mind a used one, you could have one for the price of a ZL1 or hypothetical Z28.
91Z28350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 PM   #6328
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
You gunned it to 40????????? OMG let me out!!!

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014