Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Uncle Ed's Oil Change: W00t?

Ok;

I had been running the exploder on a 10K mile overdue oilchange from..oh, last may? She was starting to get a bit sluggish on the start and I got a coupon in the mail so being the poor college student.. I said eff it and got the oil changed. Did it with them before and I was surprised on the service (blown battery and charging system; helped me get it to Don Seelye Ford in Kalamazoo and were really cool about it too) so I said why not again?

Well we changed the oil, did some checks and made a short term itenary for my next trip to Kistler in toledo for a tuneup. Topped her off and I was on my way. A week and a half goes by..no issues, truck is running great.

Then FORD mode kicks in.. somehow, the plug on the oilpan decided to work it's way out enough to start leaking. Aparently it wanted to be pampered at the local Ford dealership and not a much better shop. Suffice it to say we took it back and scratched our heads at the fact that it had worked a full 1/4 turn out even through they had torqued it to spec and the check sheet showed it as such. By happenstance the guy that was working on the truck that day saw me and said that he was sure it was done, and the sheet showed his sign off. Kid was pretty cool, so I gave him the benefit..

Why?

It's a FORD. So did the whole shop and the guy next to me in of all things..a Prizim. XD

In the end she's doing good now and I'm going to have them double check the plug since I don't have a crawler or jack and can't fit under the truck because of the running boards and odd undulation in all the parking spaces that prevent big ole me from fitting under them. This incident really goes to show that Uncle Eds did deserve their excellent rating from the BBB and State of Michigan.

I was impressed. If you have used them before, share expierences here. Once I get the Camaro, I'm only having myself, DeNooyer(only because I trust them), and these guys touch it as a treat for their good work.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote