Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-11-2011, 12:42 AM   #15
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
that thing was pretty nice though... tons of room, TV.... it was like a lazyboy on wheels .
Oh, well then, for that I could make an exception!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #16
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post
Oh, well then, for that I could make an exception!

lol, hooking up the PS3 to the TV in the back and playing nascar while driving down the road was pretty fun.... especially when revving at a traffic light
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:45 AM   #17
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Quote:
lol, hooking up the PS3 to the TV in the back and playing nascar while driving down the road was pretty fun.... especially when revving at a traffic light
Hah, nice!
Old 02-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
It's about time to upgrade the family vehicle, and my mom is thinking about getting an Equinox LTZ. I am just looking for some opinions and thoughts on the Equinox.

The color choices are between Summit White (my favorite) and Silver (the color of her current car). Also what would be better, 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

After having talked with Becky Doyle (BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet) she is most likely going with a Chevy.

Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!
We just took delivery last month on a 2011 AWD LTZ. It's Mocha Metallic. We opted for the 4 cylinder. This vehicle is awesome!
CamarosThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #19
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by grwold View Post
We just took delivery last month on a 2011 AWD LTZ. It's Mocha Metallic. We opted for the 4 cylinder. This vehicle is awesome!
Looking to pick one up in around 18 months. Engine may go through a revision by then but how is that thing with AWD? Passing power good or could it use the 6cyl?
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #20
CamarosThree

Drives: 2010 SSRS 97 Camaro SS 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Looking to pick one up in around 18 months. Engine may go through a revision by then but how is that thing with AWD? Passing power good or could it use the 6cyl?
At first I was against ordering the 4 cylinder, but now I am really glad we did. We did not get the tow package because we didn't see that we would ever need to tow anything. We are completely satisfied with this vehicle. With what we have experienced so far, the passing power is more than adequate. So far, I am very happy with the overall performance of the vehicle.
We also ordered the Navigation system and the rear entertainment option. The nav is excellent. Have not yet tried out the rear seat entertainment.
CamarosThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #21
KARLOR

Drives: '16 Colorado Z71 Trail Boss
We had a 2006 and loved it!! We purchased my wife's 2010 in May of last year, went for fully loaded LTZ. My wife had to have the Black Granite Metallic. We got the 4 cillinder AWD with navigation and rear DVD moniters (we have found the kids can watch DVDs with headphones and we can still listen to the radio!!! So far we love it. Plus by letting my wife get the fully loaded Equinox, I was able to convince her I needed a 2011 Camaro!!!!!!!
KARLOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #22
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Equinox is a great choice
Old 02-12-2011, 01:38 AM   #23
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Thank you everyone for the replies!

I told her that I posted a thread, and she is more than convinced that this is what she should get.

How do you all feel about the Summit White?
Old 02-12-2011, 01:46 AM   #24
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Thank you everyone for the replies!

I told her that I posted a thread, and she is more than convinced that this is what she should get.

How do you all feel about the Summit White?

white's alright.... I've seen an IBM (or similar color).... looks great, so does that metallic red in the sunlight. I rode in a Caddy SRX today at the autoshow... shoulda driven the new equinox! Didn't even think about it. I still say Caddy need to make a version of the Equinox.... that would be a knockout! I was kinda pissed, had to be 21 to drive the cars there.... ONE MONTH TO THE DAY AWAY! I did ride in the SRX, CTS-V, a Cruze and a Volt. (they made you ride in a "boring car" before you went out in a fun/new car. That volt was weird.... it was like turning on a PS3 . We pulled up to a traffic light and it got dead silent.... I though he stalled it . Thats just a weird feeling the first time you drive off and its totally silent though....
Old 02-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #25
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Quote:
white's alright.... I've seen an IBM (or similar color).... looks great, so does that metallic red in the sunlight. I rode in a Caddy SRX today at the autoshow... shoulda driven the new equinox! Didn't even think about it. I still say Caddy need to make a version of the Equinox.... that would be a knockout! I was kinda pissed, had to be 21 to drive the cars there.... ONE MONTH TO THE DAY AWAY! I did ride in the SRX, CTS-V, a Cruze and a Volt. (they made you ride in a "boring car" before you went out in a fun/new car. That volt was weird.... it was like turning on a PS3 . We pulled up to a traffic light and it got dead silent.... I though he stalled it . Thats just a weird feeling the first time you drive off and its totally silent though....
Hah! Nice, Caddillac is always nice, however I don't like how high up the ride is in an Escalade. Plus they cost an arm and a leg. The Equinox is really nice, and I am definitely looking forward to driving it. I am biased towards White, but I thought about the red, I will just have to see them in person to know for sure.

I went to the Detroit Autoshow this year, and I didn't even look twice at the Cruze or the Volt, I was mesmerized by the Camaro Convertible.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #26
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Hah! Nice, Caddillac is always nice, however I don't like how high up the ride is in an Escalade. Plus they cost an arm and a leg. The Equinox is really nice, and I am definitely looking forward to driving it. I am biased towards White, but I thought about the red, I will just have to see them in person to know for sure.

I went to the Detroit Autoshow this year, and I didn't even look twice at the Cruze or the Volt, I was mesmerized by the Camaro Convertible.

after driving the cruze (LTZ A6).... I really wasn't that impressed (of course I'd just gotten out of a CTS-V) . The equinox feels so high for me... I'm so used to the camaro. Make an equinox with caddy's ride and a bit lower so it handles a bit better and
Old 02-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #27
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Quote:
after driving the cruze (LTZ A6).... I really wasn't that impressed (of course I'd just gotten out of a CTS-V) . The equinox feels so high for me... I'm so used to the camaro. Make an equinox with caddy's ride and a bit lower so it handles a bit better and
Yeah, I've driven in a Cruze the same day I test drove a Camaro, and I could careless about the Cruze, I LOVE the Camaro!

The CTS-V is awesome! Which one did you ride in? Coupe or Sedan?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:05 AM   #28
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Yeah, I've driven in a Cruze the same day I test drove a Camaro, and I could careless about the Cruze, I LOVE the Camaro!

The CTS-V is awesome! Which one did you ride in? Coupe or Sedan?

sat in both... rode in the sedan... I drove a LS6 M6 CTS-V a while back (06 I believe).... 400 horses, still pretty mean.

I saw the sonic sedan there today... kinda want to see the hatch.... might be a future cheapo DD . Get the turbo and tune it a bit