Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
RussJabZ28

Drives: '98 Black Z28
PROJECT : Redesign Interior with Gen5 Camaro Interior?!! any help...

I have a 1998 Z28. I am looking to do renew certain things as its getting older. But mainly for starters looking into redesigning the interior. It is in good condition already. I just dont have the money to go out & buy the dream of a 2010 camaro so I'm going to settle for just making the littler things new because I love my car.

_So my question is_: What is a possible way for me to replace the interior of my 1998 Camaro with the interior of the Camaro5?! Mainly the dash/steering wheel/gauges. I am IN LOVE witht the new interior. I'm not so much worried about the seats & upholstry just yet.

Can it be done? I'm sure it can, just need some more info..

Any more i could gain would be Awesom! Thanks
RussJabZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
96rss/ls6
Inferno is the only color

Drives: 96 ls6 camaro, iom 2ss/rss /
Well, thats a hard one to answer. Im sure it can be done , but to what extent?. I have built custom interiors for many cars,several of which have been featured in car audio magazine. The main thing will be the cost, followed very closely by the huge amount of hours you will be puting into this kind of a swap. The steering wheel will not be that bad as you can probably do this with an adapter or column, But as far as the dash and console you will likely have to do some cutting or extending . Fiberglass and Medium density fiberboard will become your best friend. The console probably wont be bad. You should be able to tape your floorlines on the console then dremel it to fit your floor.. Wiring the guages will be a severe pain. I have done all this, The guages will require schematics of your wiring and the 2010 s wiring. You will also need dakota digital on speed dial. All in all it sounds like fun. Dont get discouraged, Im thinking of doing this exact thing in my evoluzione kit car which is built on a 85 trans am chasis. I do have both cars so mine will definately be easier because I can measure beforehand to see what is possible and whats not, but hey with enough time anything is possible you just have to figure out how to make it work. If I can help let me know.