Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:19 AM   #393
ItIsWhatItIs

Drives: #5 Tom Henry Racing 2010 2SS/RS
I was unable to attend so I didn't vote. Shouldn't the poll also include keeping it where it was? From everything I've read about the number of attendees and the schedule of events it just seems too much to put into what is basically a 1 day event. If it is kept in the same place the show will only grow. Maybe a 3day like Carlisle has. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #394
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Central. I have mentioned Topeka, KS. They have a huge dragstrip and road coarse at HeartLand Park and that pretty much is the middle of the USA.

The thing is we could do the same place as the first one and you will get that city to really start bending over backwards for you if we came every year and it got bigger and bigger. I do not know many citys that would lets us do a cruise like we did. I expected a 30MPH cruise but speeds where close to 100MPH at times. That city rocked.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #395
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
I vote Oshawa. The cruise is forum members driving new Camaros off the assembly line.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 AM   #396
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
I vote Oshawa. The cruise is forum members driving new Camaros off the assembly line.
I think that would be considered a "dream cruise".

Regardless of where it's at, the fact that people are already discussing the issue this close after the first one means it's definitely a worthwhile event.

Due to work restrictions, I won't be able to make many if any Camaro functions this year, but that doesn't mean I still can't plan for them. Which sucks, because it seems like this event was a blast.

Many great points made as to geographic locations. Definitely pros and cons to keeping it in the same place every year, but there's nothing wrong with mixing it up a little too now and again.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:18 AM   #397
Abygale

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Quick Abygale, lets get married!

oh wait... you already are
LOL yep, that could be a little problem.

But if I WAS getting married I would do this for sure.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:24 AM   #398
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Aby so when we get married who's Camaro are we doing, mine or yours?,.....Ut Oh first fight, LOL
LOL, there would be no fight about this. There are several occasions when a lady prefers to be driven rather than to drive. Right after getting married is one of those times....besides yours has the cool lights!
Old 04-26-2010, 08:41 AM   #399
syc

Drives: 1969 Yenko Camaro 2010 Yenko Camaro
I would suggest looking at Gateway International, just East of St. Louis at Madison, IL.They have top notch drag strip where they host a NHRA National event, circle track where they host NASCAR events, and a road course used by SCCA and others, tons of paved parking, and is right off of the interstate. Five minutes away, up the interstate at Collinsville, IL is a group of hotels, restaurants etc, and even a large convention center if you would want to have something (GM displays, seminars, etc) indoors.

One of the best parts of having an event at Gateway is how easy it is to get there from almost anywhere, as several interstates intersect near there.

Of course, being near downtown St. Louis, lots to do.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:50 AM   #400
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
doubt anyone will listen to our votes....so im throwin one out there....boston!
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #401
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
I would suggest looking at Gateway International, just East of St. Louis at Madison, IL.They have top notch drag strip where they host a NHRA National event, circle track where they host NASCAR events, and a road course used by SCCA and others, tons of paved parking, and is right off of the interstate. Five minutes away, up the interstate at Collinsville, IL is a group of hotels, restaurants etc, and even a large convention center if you would want to have something (GM displays, seminars, etc) indoors.

One of the best parts of having an event at Gateway is how easy it is to get there from almost anywhere, as several interstates intersect near there.

This could work.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #402
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:

This is a possibility too; looks like a pretty good facility. Just eyeballing it on the map it looks about 270 miles farther east than Topeka so that would add about 3 1/2 hours of driving for those coming from the west which isn't too bad.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 04-26-2010, 10:33 AM   #403
Hopeful

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Gateway looks great. I like the road course and of course the drag strip. For me it would be 1000 mi. I've never been to St. Louis and this would a good trip for me and the wife. And let's not forget about the Cardinals. We love baseball (at least I do).

Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #404
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
Quote:

Lol, I said that a few pages back, as did at least one other person!! So that's at least three!!!

Gateway also hosts the AHDRA, All Harley Drag Racing Association, once a year, and we always try to make the ride up with the Gypsy Rendevzous. 5000+ bikes, plus drag racing, who could ask for more???

Anyway, I just wanted to add that, as Gateway is plenty big enough, in the middle of the country, and offers multiple events at one location. A person can walk from the dragstrip to the roadcourse. Of course, across the street is a gas station too!! That always helps, lol!!

I think it's getting close to poll time. We have several ideas, Gateway and Topeka being the two most central, and should maybe see what people think in a poll. Just a thought.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 AM   #405
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
But does Gateway have a wedding chapel?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:05 AM   #406
Abygale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
But does Gateway have a wedding chapel?
Pete you are so cute!

Closed Thread