Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #15
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Chek out this thread i copied and pasted here. and no i dont work for them.

DP Motorsports – 2010-2012 Camaro RS Color Changing Halo Package - PRE-SALE!!
JDP Motorsports is proud to launch the FIRST RS Color Changing Head Light Package that DOES NOT require the separation of the factory lenses from the headlight housing after months of testing!!! This package is rich in features and is priced very well including a Limited Lifetime Warranty!!! The FIRST 50 order during this Pre-Sale will be $200 SHIPPED!!! Once the first 50 are sold the price will be $275 shipped. This package includes detailed installation instructions that make it a very simple and straight forward set up! The JDP Halo Package is expected to ship in 8-10 Weeks!

*****SHIPPING IN 8-10 WEEKS - UPDATED 12/13/2011*****

JDP Motorsports – 2010-2012 Camaro RS Color Changing Halo Package - JDPL1001

This Camaro RS package halo color kit includes everything needed to make your Camaro stand out at car shows and on the street! Now you can have colored halo’s on your Camaro without damaging anything, or introducing the possibility of water leaks in your $800 headlight. Factory RS headlights are required for this kit, and will be available as a complete headlight and halo kit for non-RS Camaro’s in the near future.

Choose from 8 different static color modes, 6 different “show” modes, turn the kit on and off, and turn the brightness up or down, all via a wireless RF remote. The wireless RF remote does not require line of sight, is small enough to comfortably fit in your pocket (about the size of a credit card, just thicker), and is operational up to 30 or so feet away. Since this utilizes the factory RS halo ring, the colored halo is a clean, smooth stream of light, and is actually a little brighter than the factory halo light. It is installed without permanently damaging anything, so if wanted, you could easily return everything back to factory condition and operation without any problems. It features an interior LED indicator light to see what color and mode is being displayed, even while driving. It features a switch which lets you use constant battery power, or ignition switched power. You can have the switch turned to ignition so whenever the ignition is on, the halo's will be on, driving night or day, parked, etc, which eliminates the need for an additional harness to turn the halo’s on while driving, and you don’t have to worry if you forgot to turn them off. Or you could flip it to constant battery power to keep them on while driving and even while the ignition is off, for car shows, or just to look cool in the parking lot. The whole kit will basically be plug and play, with just a few wires needing to be connected with screws and such, no soldering or splicing required!

Product Features

• Utilizes the factory RS halo rings
• Has 8 static colors to choose from (white, aqua, blue, orange, red, yellow, green, purple)
• Has 6 different display "show" modes
• Has a wireless RF remote control
• Has an interior LED to see what color/mode it is on
• Can be switched on with battery power or ignition power
• Can run for hours on battery power without draining a decent battery
• Is brighter than the factory halo light
• Does not require the headlight to be baked, and torn apart
• Can be returned to factory lighting without problem
• Includes everything needed
• Includes thorough installation instructions with video, plus the excellent JDP support
• Does not require soldering or splicing of wires
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Free shipping

Suggested Retail $295.95
Special Introductory Pre-Sale $200 SHIPPED! Coupon Code JDPL1001

THREAD with pictures and more Info!

Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions! We're very excited about this package! We appreciate everyone's support and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

AEM | Airaid | Anvil | ARH | BMR | CAI | CSF | COMP Cams | DSS | ECS | FAST | Hawk | Hurst | Hotchkis | Injen | MagnaCharger | Magnaflow | KOOKS | Oracle | Pedders | Pfadt Racing | ProCharger | Roto-Fab | RX | Seibon | Spohn | Stainless Works | Street Scene | Turn One | Vararam | VMAX | Whipple | + MORE!

I was just thinking you might want the best look possible, if not go with AAC.
Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #16
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
DP Motorsports – 2010-2012 Camaro RS Color Changing Halo Package - PRE-SALE!!
JDP Motorsports is proud to launch the FIRST RS Color Changing Head Light Package that DOES NOT require the separation of the factory lenses from the headlight housing after months of testing!!! This package is rich in features and is priced very well including a Limited Lifetime Warranty!!! The FIRST 50 order during this Pre-Sale will be $200 SHIPPED!!! Once the first 50 are sold the price will be $275 shipped. This package includes detailed installation instructions that make it a very simple and straight forward set up! The JDP Halo Package is expected to ship in 8-10 Weeks!

*****SHIPPING IN 8-10 WEEKS - UPDATED 12/13/2011*****

JDP Motorsports – 2010-2012 Camaro RS Color Changing Halo Package - JDPL1001

This Camaro RS package halo color kit includes everything needed to make your Camaro stand out at car shows and on the street! Now you can have colored halo’s on your Camaro without damaging anything, or introducing the possibility of water leaks in your $800 headlight. Factory RS headlights are required for this kit, and will be available as a complete headlight and halo kit for non-RS Camaro’s in the near future.

Choose from 8 different static color modes, 6 different “show” modes, turn the kit on and off, and turn the brightness up or down, all via a wireless RF remote. The wireless RF remote does not require line of sight, is small enough to comfortably fit in your pocket (about the size of a credit card, just thicker), and is operational up to 30 or so feet away. Since this utilizes the factory RS halo ring, the colored halo is a clean, smooth stream of light, and is actually a little brighter than the factory halo light. It is installed without permanently damaging anything, so if wanted, you could easily return everything back to factory condition and operation without any problems. It features an interior LED indicator light to see what color and mode is being displayed, even while driving. It features a switch which lets you use constant battery power, or ignition switched power. You can have the switch turned to ignition so whenever the ignition is on, the halo's will be on, driving night or day, parked, etc, which eliminates the need for an additional harness to turn the halo’s on while driving, and you don’t have to worry if you forgot to turn them off. Or you could flip it to constant battery power to keep them on while driving and even while the ignition is off, for car shows, or just to look cool in the parking lot. The whole kit will basically be plug and play, with just a few wires needing to be connected with screws and such, no soldering or splicing required!

Product Features

• Utilizes the factory RS halo rings
• Has 8 static colors to choose from (white, aqua, blue, orange, red, yellow, green, purple)
• Has 6 different display "show" modes
• Has a wireless RF remote control
• Has an interior LED to see what color/mode it is on
• Can be switched on with battery power or ignition power
• Can run for hours on battery power without draining a decent battery
• Is brighter than the factory halo light
• Does not require the headlight to be baked, and torn apart
• Can be returned to factory lighting without problem
• Includes everything needed
• Includes thorough installation instructions with video, plus the excellent JDP support
• Does not require soldering or splicing of wires
• Limited Lifetime Warranty
• Free shipping

Suggested Retail $295.95
Special Introductory Pre-Sale $200 SHIPPED! Coupon Code JDPL1001

THREAD with pictures and more Info!

Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions! We're very excited about this package! We appreciate everyone's support and have a great day!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley

AEM | Airaid | Anvil | ARH | BMR | CAI | CSF | COMP Cams | DSS | ECS | FAST | Hawk | Hurst | Hotchkis | Injen | MagnaCharger | Magnaflow | KOOKS | Oracle | Pedders | Pfadt Racing | ProCharger | Roto-Fab | RX | Seibon | Spohn | Stainless Works | Street Scene | Turn One | Vararam | VMAX | Whipple | + MORE!

I was just thinking you might want the best look possible, if not go with AAC.

Sounds like a good way to go for the headlights for those wanting color change. I'm sticking with stock headlights and only looking to mod the tails. But if I were changing the headlights, sounds like a better approach..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #17
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Godsplumber- I completely agree with you. Check out my pic earlier in this thread with the JDP halos. They are are so much cleaner than the AAC halos and easier to install as well. After seeing them next to AAC's halos at Camaro5Fest there is just no comparison. I cannot wait until their halo fog light kit comes out to complete the look!

I've seen some poeple complain about the brightness of them, but mine are extremely bright (enough that I bump them down a bit).

Also, the current price on the JDP halo kit is $275 and I believe they are back in stock. They also have GREAT customer service, which is a huge plus in my book!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #18
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
Sounds like a good way to go for the headlights for those wanting color change. I'm sticking with stock headlights and only looking to mod the tails. But if I were changing the headlights, sounds like a better approach..
I think we were confused since the title of your thread asks about halos, which are part of the headlight. People don't usually refer to their taillights (or the afterburners) as halos.

I have the Technostalgia taillights on my ZL1, which have afterburners for the regular driving lights, and additional LED's for the blinkers and brake functions. You should check this link out if you are not familiar with them:

http://www.apex-speed.com/camaro-com...ear-lamps.html
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #19
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
Godsplumber- I completely agree with you. Check out my pic earlier in this thread with the JDP halos. They are are so much cleaner than the AAC halos and easier to install as well. After seeing them next to AAC's halos at Camaro5Fest there is just no comparison. I cannot wait until their halo fog light kit comes out to complete the look!

I've seen some poeple complain about the brightness of them, but mine are extremely bright (enough that I bump them down a bit).

Also, the current price on the JDP halo kit is $275 and I believe they are back in stock. They also have GREAT customer service, which is a huge plus in my book!
I also have been using my dimming function because they are very bright.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Godsplumber

Quote:
I have the JDP halos installed in my ZL1. I prefer them over the Oracle halos since they didn't require baking the headlights. I do have Oracle grill lights installed and the Technostalgia taillights.

Here is a pic of my front end:

Looks great by the way.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #21
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
Trust me the AAC looks tacky and crappy next to the stock halo color change. Just saying and the 50 guys that we at the show this week from our 300 member Camaro club agree. Really think about it and look at it. All i had to do was change out the stock white led diode to the JDP color changing diode. If you want i will post my vid of the finished install. And it is very easy to go back to stock. Worth looking into before jumping. I spent 3 months looking at all systems and this was by far the best and easiest. I also can post a pic of mine next to an AAC, and a Phastek and mine look far better, just saying.
Hey Godsplumber,
You should get a commision! I think you made a sale with me! Hope to catch the "Pre-Sale." Would you mind posting the vid?

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
I think we were confused since the title of your thread asks about halos, which are part of the headlight. People don't usually refer to their taillights (or the afterburners) as halos.

I have the Technostalgia taillights on my ZL1, which have afterburners for the regular driving lights, and additional LED's for the blinkers and brake functions. You should check this link out if you are not familiar with them:

http://www.apex-speed.com/camaro-com...ear-lamps.html
Yes became a bit confusing to me also. Btw, this isn't my thread. But the original post asked for advice about both halos and AAC afterburner tail lights even though the title had only Halos in it..

Will check out the technostalgia taillights. Have you been happy with them?
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #23
Godsplumber

here is my video, sorry about the unitelligible dialogue, it was late, and ignore the last part of the vid, i was trying to record the interior lighting and forgot what iw was doing. its only 4 min though.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #24
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Hey Godsplumber,
You should get a commision! I think you made a sale with me! Hope to catch the "Pre-Sale." Would you mind posting the vid?

Thanks.
Lol, checkout vid above.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by zl1bro View Post
Yes became a bit confusing to me also. Btw, this isn't my thread. But the original post asked for advice about both halos and AAC afterburner tail lights even though the title had only Halos in it..

Will check out the technostalgia taillights. Have you been happy with them?
I have been very happy with them. It took a while to get them due to the high demand, but they are awesome lights! Have not had any of the problems that some have reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Hey Godsplumber,

Thanks.
Sadly, you missed out on the Pre-Sale (I did too). It ended back in January or February. The current price on their website is $275, which is still a great deal compared to the AAC's.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
ZmbHord
2012 ZL1 #0012

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #12 - CONTAGION
Thanks all, I will definitely look into these suggested options for both. I looked at the JDP website, but I didn't see install instructions. Anyone have them?
ZmbHord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #27
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
Godsplumber,

Thanks, they look great! Where they an easy install?

Deke736,
Yea, I noticed that as soon as I saw the original post, darn. They're definately a buy at $200. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #28
Godsplumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZmbHord View Post
Thanks all, I will definitely look into these suggested options for both. I looked at the JDP website, but I didn't see install instructions. Anyone have them?
It comes with a very good install video.