Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #15
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Correct me if I am wrong here....

Absent any GM specific offerings..GM Employee, Supplier, USAA, etc...specifically offered at specified time of order...specifically time of SALE, the price is what it is.

YOU ordered it...you ordered it how YOU wanted it.

Offering "X" amount under incentives in place at time of delivery to dealer is well...obtuse.

Example..

2013 1LE. Inferno Orange. End of model year of 2013. Took delivery July 3rd. Dealers were moving and shaking to sell lot cars and cars in transit not spoken for. 2 dealers had a Camaro EXACTLY how I wanted. The other dealer had one in transit..not spoken for, but still waiting delivery to dealer.

I got GM employee... $4750-$5000 in incentives and rebates plus Camaro rebate plus GM cash plus $750 USAA. I paid exactly what the final amount was including what incentives and rebates I qualified for. To negotiate a price lower than that considering you ORDERED the car is offensive. I say offensive because it's harder to move a car you custom tailored to your wants and needs versus a dead stock car that's been sitting on a lot for 2-6 months. It's also offensive because it's the end of the model year and you are essentially saying to the dealer/salesman..."hey, I knew the price was "X" but I am going to negotiate the price after you've taken delivery of the Camaro. Slick, yes, smart, yes, moral, no.

My point is this...

You ordered it. You discuss price BEFORE you order the damn car.

Wheeling and dealing on a car on the lot or not spoken for is very different than ordering a car the way you want it...then saying...I am not going to pay the price I knowingly was agreeing to when ordered.

It's like asking to marry a hot chick with huge fake boobs and on the day of the wedding, she has the implants removed. You are standing at the altar, mouth agape, thinking WTF?!?!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 06-14-2014 at 03:11 AM.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 AM   #16
damian559

Drives: 2015 1SS, 1LE, Recaro, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Correct me if I am wrong here....

Absent any GM specific offerings..GM Employee, Supplier, USAA, etc...specifically offered at specified time of order...specifically time of SALE, the price is what it is.

YOU ordered it...you ordered it how YOU wanted it.

Offering "X" amount under incentives in place at time of delivery to dealer is well...obtuse.

Example..

2013 1LE. Inferno Orange. End of model year of 2013. Took delivery July 3rd. Dealers were moving and shaking to sell lot cars and cars in transit not spoken for. 2 dealers had a Camaro EXACTLY how I wanted. The other dealer had one in transit..not spoken for, but still waiting delivery to dealer.

I got GM employee... $4750-$5000 in incentives and rebates plus Camaro rebate plus GM cash plus $750 USAA. I paid exactly what the final amount was including what incentives and rebates I qualified for. To negotiate a price lower than that considering you ORDERED the car is offensive. I say offensive because it's harder to move a car you custom tailored to your wants and needs versus a dead stock car that's been sitting on a lot for 2-6 months. It's also offensive because it's the end of the model year and you are essentially saying to the dealer/salesman..."hey, I knew the price was "X" but I am going to negotiate the price after you've taken delivery of the Camaro. Slick, yes, smart, yes, moral, no.

My point is this...

You ordered it. You discuss price BEFORE you order the damn car.

Wheeling and dealing on a car on the lot or not spoken for is very different than ordering a car the way you want it...then saying...I am not going to pay the price I knowingly was agreeing to when ordered.

It's like asking to marry a hot chick with huge fake boobs and on the day of the wedding, she has the implants removed. You are standing at the altar, mouth agape, thinking WTF?!?!
2015 prices weren't out when I ordered the car. The dealer said we can talk price when the car comes in.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
damian559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #17
homero89

Drives: 1LS
I got $4200 off from one dealer to another (i posted my story, search my username) on a 1LS. The first dealer was after negotiating. So im sure you can get a lot more off, since they have more margin on higher end cars
homero89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:47 PM   #18
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
My apologies...didn't read or see in you OP that it was a 2015. But still..my opinion is still the same. Rebates and incentives only.

If you were going to low ball a dealer on a custom order...do it before they agree to submit the order.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:41 AM   #19
damian559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
My apologies...didn't read or see in you OP that it was a 2015. But still..my opinion is still the same. Rebates and incentives only.

If you were going to low ball a dealer on a custom order...do it before they agree to submit the order.
Why would I pay more than I have to? The dealer didn't want to do any taking until the car was there at the dealer anyways. Asking 10-13% off is not low balling.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Nitrous Outlet Single Nozzle Kit | Stand Alone Fuel Cell w/ C16 | Custom Grind Cam | Stainless Power 1 7/8 LT Headers | CAI Intake | ATI Super Damper | BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Links | Prothane Polyurethane Sub-frame Bushings | JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings | MT Drag Radials | Tuned by SS Motorsports
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 06-16-2014, 02:42 PM   #20
Infantryman11C
High Angle Hell

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
Why would I pay more than I have to? The dealer didn't want to do any taking until the car was there at the dealer anyways. Asking 10-13% off is not low balling.

with dealerships you normally would want to start around 5% off. many dealers make their money on commission. (a percentage of the difference from supplier price and out the door price) so unless you wanna be "that guy" let him make some money off of you. on a side note the whole deal sounds like garbage. How can you wait till the car arrives before you haggle?

Brothers don't always have the same mother
Always remembered, Never forgotten
Infantryman11C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 10:45 PM   #21
damian559

My car is on the way and dealer was sent the invoice. The MSRP for my car is $40,740, but I was able to get it down to the supplier price which is $38,789. Only $2000 off, any way to get more? Does anybody have a July private offer they are not using? If so please PM me, if you're a gun guy I can send you a few boxes of ammo. Any bit helps. Thanks.
12.1 @ 117 (Motor)
11.7 @ 129 (Nitrous)
Youtube Channel:
Click Here
Old 07-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #22
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian559 View Post
My car is on the way and dealer was sent the invoice. The MSRP for my car is $40,740, but I was able to get it down to the supplier price which is $38,789. Only $2000 off, any way to get more? Does anybody have a July private offer they are not using? If so please PM me, if you're a gun guy I can send you a few boxes of ammo. Any bit helps. Thanks.
If you go through a GM qualified Credit Union, you can get the supplier pricing. Then you get the 2K cash back from GM on top of that.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #23
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Call any dealership and give them the vin to get the build sheet. Its nice to have as a momento. Then get your cars invoice from your dealer. Look for the supplier pricing, take 3 grad off that price to make your first negotiation price point. Go from there, its fun to see what they have to say.

My first 5th gen was a 2011 bought in March of 2011, in Hawaii of all places. 2ss RS manual, ground effects, npp, bose, HUD, orange accent interior, hurst short shift, and power everything. 35,500 OTD. If you already have financing or a large down payment it makes a big difference as well. Makes for a quick sell for them. Have fun with it, I always do.

I have been known to do the negotiating for other people to help them get the best deal possible. Bought a Ram truck for a buddy a couple months ago. 2014 Ram, Big Horn, power everything, Hemi, moon roof, 4x4, navi, rear vision, tow package, and a spray in bed liner. 35, 000 OTD, figure that one out.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:23 PM   #24
kinematic11
patiently waiting my turn

Drives: 2013 SS RS 1LE
i appreciate all the info from all the posters
hopefully i can find a dealer to let go of their 2014 for a decent price

Dave
kinematic11 is offline   Reply With Quote