Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 06-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #141
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Ok I'm sick of the nit picking going on here. So for all of you who dont like the back-up lights I ask you this...Where the hell would you put them???? The law requires them, so deal with it. Now for those of you who dont like the front bumper...Its what we are getting 90% of us like it, you other 10% can grab a V6 bumper or an after market to fix it.

So STOP being some spoiled little brats who cry when you dont get your way and give some respect to the people who worked hard for the past few years to give you this car.
In the end, you're right. The changes from the concept on this car are a lot more subtle than other cars. GM and Chrysler really did keep to their word in maintaining the looks of the concept cars with their Camaro and Challenger so I think we should be pleased. I mean, look at that car and tell me it looks lame or radically different from the concept! And you know what they say, seeing it in photos is half the impact of seeing it in person.

And I'm actually starting to grow fond of the new front end myself. So make that %90.1. The jutted chin makes it look more "in your face". As for the backup lights, I never really paid attention to them which goes to show how meager a deal they are to me, but I guess others are more attentive to those things. I'd love a full on rear view of the car to see how pronounced those awesome shoulders are.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #142
GreySteele06

Drives: A pair of tan boots-back in09
A little insight

We may now have the 3 looks of the Camaro:

Base: Like all the previous spy photos we have been watching for months
SS: Like the spy shots of this silver one
Z/28: Like the new bumblebee bumper

The Base and SS bumpers were all but confirmed by Camero.

The Z/28 bumper is kind of a big IF in my mind being that i think it is still the old concept with a new front bumper and hood. It would make sense to put the Z/28 front in the big motion picture though and get people excited about it.

If my scheme is correct (Big IF) In my opinion that would show without a doubt your Z/28 is the top dog.... Its a much more radical and mean looking design. and then you have to look at that hellofa scoop....

not much of a deal to me as im looking for the 3.6L DI LLT. It will most likely have the base bumper but you can spice it up with the RS package (did i assume to much? we'll see)

And please people... almost all your questions will be answered if you take the time..... all your questions about headlights and bumpers and even Shunt are there in black and white.

One of the big things to do is to figure out which of our members are actual insiders:

Fbodfather: Given
Camero: Definitely
Elie(I forget her post name): Obviously a Disciple
Probably many others im forgetting.... sorry about that

Look up there profiles and search for all their posts. Whatever comes out of their mouths is better than any car magazine out there. Give these people your due attention and respect. and always be able to read between the lines. Especially w/ Camero.... he lets out alot of information if you dont just breeze over his posts.....

Just read.

Also about the GM mark of excellence:
GM has obviously worked their asses off on this project. With one helluva result. If they want to put a small tastful badge on my car to show where it came from and the company whos employees worked tirelessly to produce this product: I say go for it. I will never rip it off my car.

Thank you GM!!

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
GreySteele06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #143
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I agree we pretty much know this is what the SS will look like and the mules preview the base models. And you're right about the new Bumblebee Z28 look being a big "IF". It is every bit as likely that Bumblebee is to the Camaro as Kitt was to the Trans Am and now Mustang, meaning not your typical production car but a highly modified fictional one-off.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:14 PM   #144
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I couldn't tell from your profile but by any chance do you work in your day job as an umpire?
No, but I am a judgemental loudmouth.

Quote:
All kidding aside, I think the badge says SS and it looks proportional to me. Remember the angles are not exactly the same and the lighting is not the same either. To me it does look correct, and apparently the person who took the images confirms what it is.
It still doesn't look proportional to me, but it definitely looks like "SS". Oh well, the strangest thing about me being such a loudmouth about it is that I really don't care at all...the important part is that it's a Camaro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
My only disappointment is the satellite fin. [...] body colored and smoothly flowing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lots of people
Chin/air dam
reverse lights
These items are the PERFECT place for customization. The fin can be painted with some touch-up (just use adhesion promoter first so the paint will stick to the plastic). The same paint can be used on a cover for the backup lights. As for the chin...well...

Anyway, customize that stuff yourself and then you'll have the look you want and additionally it will be individual, better than the stock Camaro.

As for me, I may be the ONLY person here who likes the
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #145
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camero View Post
HEY!!! I'M the dumbass at GM that thought the SS bumper is better than the base bumper!!! (Well me and all the people that actually make the decisions.) It's practically the same except it's got a nice airdam instead of an overbite and the grill and lower lights are set wider creating the side bulges.

[/QUOTE]

Fear not, camero. When you place the two front ends side by side like that I agree the SS front is much better looking.

Now show me one in white (so I can decide between silver and white) w/GFX!! <-- THAT will be my Camaro.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:23 PM   #146
GreySteele06

Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

It still doesn't look proportional to me, but it definitely looks like "SS". Oh well, the strangest thing about me being such a loudmouth about it is that I really don't care at all...the important part is that it's a Camaro!

They posted a high res closeup of the "SS" ......perfectly proportional

People please dont promote the foolishness of discussing things that are already proven or disproven.... it breeds ignorance

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
-George Orwell
Old 06-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #147
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bopar411 View Post
Ease off there, Blizzard. Catchin' frost bite. Check out the Big THANK YOU in my post and the props I gave - and sincerely meant - to everyone at GM who worked on the Camaro. They showed they were still willing to change the front bumper, as per camero and team's input. Thought I'd still express an opinion. Look at the Corvette's rear bumper. The reverse lights don't intrude on the styling in the MIDDLE of the bumper. Thought this site welcomed opinions to be expressed - especially if offered with a bit of respect. Figure you're not open to others viewpoints. "...spoiled little brats who cry..." Gimme a break you blowhard.
Sorry didnt mean to bring that all down on you. You just happened to be the last one to post about it. You really wernt the one I was passing judgement on, other then the back up lights part because there isnt much that can be done about those. You are not a spoiled little brat that is for the one who youed the term dumbass for the person who decieded to use this bumper. Again I am sorry it came off that I ment all this at you.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:34 PM   #148
4thGen

Drives: 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt LS
It's CamAro, not Camero people.
4thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #149
GreySteele06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen View Post
It's CamAro, not Camero people.
You sir, are done. Go sit in the corner, take the next couple hours off, and read the entire site. There is a reason we spell certain instances of it "Camero"

Point proven....

-George Orwell
Old 06-21-2008, 06:42 PM   #150
2sharp

Drives: 2010 GT500
Is the production rear that much different (as in not as wide) as the concept???
2sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #151
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
OMG!Beautiful!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #152
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc95 View Post
orange please?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...1305#post81305
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:47 PM   #153
PCarr111

Drives: Purple...2006 Dodge Charger
love

how good does it feel to be apart of the Camaro Nation
right now boys!?!?!

WOOOOOAAAHHH!!!

im lovin it!
PCarr111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #154
GreySteele06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sharp View Post
Is the production rear that much different (as in not as wide) as the concept???
1. Go to "Members List"

2. search for user "Camero"

3. Go to "find all posts by Camero"

4. he addresses this specifically in a very recent post. Its actually in this thread.

He is a very big insider. he knows what he is talking about.

people

point proven again.....

im sorry..... im done.......

-George Orwell