Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
klondike

Drives: 1969 Pro Mod Camaro, 2010 camaro
SQUEAK/BIRD CHIRP SOUND IN DRIVERS SEAT!!!!!

I have this annoying bird chirping/sqeauk in the driver's seat. I've taken it to my dealer twice, this time they even called GM for advice. They spent an entire day trying to fix it, STILL not fixed!!!!! Has anyone else had this problem and can steer me, more importantly, my dealer in the right direction to fix this????

I have the synergy green camaro, a friend of mine has a LS...we both have the problem. My mom has a 2LT, no problem.

Any advice?????????????
klondike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #2
bluedevil02

Drives: 2LT/RS
turn ur radio up, cars will always make weird noises...
bluedevil02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #3
LittleMT
user bann'd

Drives: Chevy SS
I get a slight clunking sound in my 2011 in my drivers seat, I found by slightly adjusting it, the sound went away, and yes, crank up the ROCKABILLY and with the slap back echo and upright bass fiddle thumpin, I hear nothing but Heaven Daddy-o...

Chantilly Lace, the 2011 Rockabilly Jukebox..ADM built..617rwhp, geared A6.
LittleMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:22 PM   #4
mcarney

Drives: SSRS CGM LS3
Its the seatbelt. If you push it forward it will go away. Super annoying... couple of posts on it. I think someone sprayed wd40 in the seat belt and it stopped for them.

When you're really good in a past life, you come back as yourself

mcarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
hummerman

Drives: 2010 2SS
I get this aswell..........sickening!!!
Also get alot of driveline slack noise when lugging the engine.....
hummerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 02:40 PM   #6
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I had a little squeak like that the other day, it was hard to replicate. Seemed when I would accelerate my body would get pushed back and that's when it happened. No idea where it was coming from.

It's a high school prom, it's a Springsteen song, it's a ride in a Chevrolet...
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
klondike

Yeah, I think it's the seatbelt. Thanks. And I have many cars, new and old, I know normal sounds vs. abnormal! This isn't normal and is annoying as he**!!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 05:12 PM   #8
Coldpants
Nerdy one

Drives: #000000 & #FF8000 2010 Camaro
Stop smuggling birds in your pants!!!!
Coldpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #9
crazy cat

Drives: 2011 1ss yellow/white
check this out.
xTooltipElement

Service Information

2010 Chevrolet Camaro | Camaro (VIN F) Service Manual | Document ID: 2287946
#09-08-50-009A: Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant) - (Jun 4, 2009)

Subject:Scraping/Moaning/Creaking Noise from Front Seats (Apply Lubricant)

Models:2010 Chevrolet Camaro

This bulletin is being revised to add the driver's six-way power seat creak condition. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 09-08-50-009 (Section 08 - Body and Accessories).
<A href="#ss1-2287946">Condition

Some customers may comment about a scraping or moaning type noise coming from the front of the front seat track area. This condition occurs when the seat assembly is being cycled into the full forward position. Some customers may also comment about a creaking noise coming from the driver's six-way power seat when it is in the full rearward position. This condition only applies to six-way power seats.
<A href="#ss2-2287946">Cause

This scraping or moaning condition may be caused by the seat position sensor (SPS) making contact with seat position sensor target bracket. This contact is made in the lead in area of the SPS. This contact area controls the function of the SPS. The drivers seat creaking condition may be caused by the lack of lubricant in the rear of the drivers seat track assembly.
<A href="#ss3-2287946">Correction

The application of a lubricant to the contact area of the components will eliminate the noise. Use the following steps to apply lubricant to the seat position sensor target bracket, located on the inner seat track and to the rear of the drivers seat tracks.
  1. <LI type=1>Move the seat assembly to the rearmost position. <LI type=1>Locate the seat position sensor target bracket on the seat inboard track. <A href="#oth4-2287946">Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

<A href="#oth5-2287946">Passenger Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

<A href="#oth6-2287946">Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket Location

<A href="#oth7-2287946">Driver Seat Position Sensor Target Bracket

<LI type=1>Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the top and bottom of the driver and passenger seat position sensor target bracket. Coat the full length of the bracket and ensure the coating extends at least 10 mm (0.40 in) from the edge of the bracket as shown. <LI type=1>Cycle the seat to the full forward position and verify the concern is corrected.

<LI type=1>With the drivers seat in the full forward position, locate the rear of the inboard and outboard seat tracks.

<LI type=1>Using a small screwdriver, pry off the two seat track end caps.

<LI type=1>Apply a thin coating of Super Lube with PTFE, GM P/N 12371287 (in Canada, use P/N 10953437), or the equivalent, to the front side of the two stop tabs identified by the arrows, as shown. Repeat the application on the second seat track. <LI type=1>Insure the lubricant covers the area where the lower stops make contact with the upper seat track stops.
  2. Clean up any excess lubricant and reinstall the two seat track end caps.
<A href="#ss8-2287946">Parts Information

Part Number
Description
12371287 (U.S.)
10953437 (Canada)
Super Lube with PTFE
<A href="#ss9-2287946">Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time
C9892*
Lubricate Driver And Passenger Seat Position Sensor Bracket
0.2 hr
Add
Lubricate Power Seat Track
0.1 hr
* This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
© 2010 General Motors. All rights reserved.
crazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
klondike

Fixed!

Thanks for the download on instructions to fix! Dealer used them and fixed the problem!
Old 08-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #11
SnMcGrew

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss Manual
I have the same problem i took it to my dealer and they said the center console was loose and for me to bring it back so they can fix it, but i have not had time to do that yet. You might want them to check that out.