Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-27-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
hp junkie

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM
Pfadt coil over Q?

I just finished installing my pfadt coil overs and I'm adjusting the ride height now. I can adjust the rear pretty low with the tire about even with the wheel well and there is still plenty of adjustment left. The front on the other hand I have turned all the way down and there is still at least a 1.25 " gap. Another concern is that in order to get the stance were I want it the adjusting nuts are not even touching the springs when the car is on stands. Can anybody tell me how there install went and what your spring adjustments are? Thanks
2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
hp junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp junkie View Post
I just finished installing my pfadt coil overs and I'm adjusting the ride height now. I can adjust the rear pretty low with the tire about even with the wheel well and there is still plenty of adjustment left. The front on the other hand I have turned all the way down and there is still at least a 1.25 " gap. Another concern is that in order to get the stance were I want it the adjusting nuts are not even touching the springs when the car is on stands. Can anybody tell me how there install went and what your spring adjustments are? Thanks
When I installed mine i was pretty far down on the front CO threads, maybe 3-4 turns left but that put my fender just above the tire, not sure why there would be 1.25" gap. Have you tried to roll the car back and forth or bounce it, the car will sit a little higher until you have done that. Yes the coils do lose contact with the perch when the car is raised and the suspension is unloaded and thats normal. Mine does it and when you lower the car back down it seats just fine no issues at all. Hope that helps.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
hp junkie

thanks. i finished the suspension saturday and let it settle for a day or so. I'll check out my car tomarrow. I know the springs will have to settle in a little.
2010 2SS M6 CGM LMR cold air, texas speed underdrive pulley and complete stainless exhaust 17/8 headers coated, comp LSR cam, push rods and trunion upgrade, norris catch can, prothane engine mounts, pfadt coilovers, BMR everything suspension, BMR four point strut, MGW billet shifter, barton pistol grip handle, AAC dome and footwell blue, all lights 25% tint, RKsport carbon inlay spoiler, powdercoated calipers, Stoptech stainless brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, West Bend Dyno tune 491rwhp and 465rwtq corrected.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
RichJ.
Shop Owner

Drives: 1 ton silverado
Did you clock the rest of the suspension bushings. If not do so.
RichJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
hp junkie

reclocked the bushings and I got a 1/4" but there is still a 7/8" gap between the tire and fender lip with the adjusting nut all the way down. the car has been sitting for 2 days. maybe somebody from pfadt can chime in. thanks for the help so far.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Hey HP Junkie. Thanks for the coilover order!

Make sure after making your ride height adjustments that you're actually driving the car around, the few customers who have had this question in the past have ended up with a ride height that was good for them after driving 50 miles or so.

That being said, when we were selecting the springs for our Camaro coilovers we went with a spring that will accommodate about a 1.5 - 1.75 inch drop. We made this choice because it encompasses the drop needs of 99% of our customers and gave us our desired spring rate for a more aggressive handling package. There is more than enough travel engineered into the shocks to allow you go to lower. If after some mileage the car hasn't settled quite low enough for your tastes we offer a lower spring rate in our GMPP package that will allow for about another .4 inches of drop.

Our suggestion is drive the car a while and see exactly where it settles out, if you're still not low enough for your tastes let us know and we can provide a spring that will suit your needs!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #7
dk818

Drives: not yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hp junkie View Post
thanks. i finished the suspension saturday and let it settle for a day or so. I'll check out my car tomarrow. I know the springs will have to settle in a little.
how is the ride compared to stock? just waiting for some time to install my coil overs and sway bars
dk818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #8
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk818 View Post
how is the ride compared to stock? just waiting for some time to install my coil overs and sway bars
+1...
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
hp junkie

were I live in wisconsin the roads still have salt on them so I have not got to drive my car yet. Possibly a week or two yet. I will do a journal of my build once I can drive the car.