Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 11-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #15
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zslash28 View Post
I've been making up reasons to drive this car because it is such a blast. If I were single, no problem driving this thing every day. I need to find some pics of baby seats to convince my wife it is safe to take my son to day care in the mornings. It's all In how you drive it and respect it.
It's probably safer than your other car(s) to carry your kid anyway. It has 5-star crash ratings from every angle imaginable Besides, it looks like a tank from inside!
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:26 PM   #16
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Nice review you sure make it tempting local dealer still has both a Black (14), and white (15) available under MSRP.
I see my old car and a new 2015 Black one everyday on the way in....

If it were any other dealer, I'd grab one.

LOL
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:26 AM   #17
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
I see my old car and a new 2015 Black one everyday on the way in....

If it were any other dealer, I'd grab one.

LOL
Amen I understand I would never give that dealership a dime. I sure as hell hope they feel like a bunch of dumbasses for pulling that crap.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:21 AM   #18
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
To all the members that say this car is a bad DD car, you dont know how much fun this car is for DD,Yes is low to the ground and that makes it fell more like a slot car when you turn, and the turns are the best part of it.
car handles like its on rails, with no movement from side to side.
Right on! Could not agree more. 3200 miles on mine now, unfortunately only ~500 are track. I DD my Z/28 every chance I get and I've loved every mile. Like driving a car carved from a single piece of billet.

Let's set one fact straight- the splitter is NOT A PROBLEM for street driving. I have a 15 degree up-sloped driveway and I crab it in, and IT IS NOT A PROBLEM. Around town I have NEVER scraped the splitter. I do rub the splitter on the way out of my driveway and I DON'T CARE because #1 I could give a rat's azz, it's a PIECE OF PLASTIC #2 when I eventually rub it to death in 10 or 15 years I'll spend $300 on a new one. The splitter is tough as nails, you can stand on it and park by braille all the time with no problems. Get over it already you bubble-wrapping babies.

You want a splitter that rubs all the time and is $ to replace, drive a Porsche GT3, that'll give you something to complain about.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 08:57 AM   #19
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Really, you have to write this? That the Z is a good DD? Errrrr, just when I thought I talked myself out of one. Would change the tires probably, maybe, ???
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #20
soulsea

Drives: Fast
Actually if one keeps scraping the splitter it will damage the bodywork, especially at the corner where the bumper meets the fender ... the persistent pressure will make that joint and thebodywork around it buckle in.

If one wants to dd the Z they just have to always be mindful of it is all ... a slow crab/angle exit across driveways becomes second nature, although it will often confuse traffic if/when they see you at a red light angled that way. If I were to dd my Z I'd just remove it and replace it with a regular one just to make life simpler.
soulsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #21
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Ran errands for an hour this morning in my Z/28. Went to the grocery store. Smoked the tires pulling away from a stoplight, slowly rolling into the throttle when there weren't any other cars around. Never turned the radio on. Never scraped the front splitter. Still on the OE Trofeo R's.

It was glorious.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #22
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
If I had the coin I'd pickup a Z28 for a daily. A tire change to something more daily driverish and a seat swap would be my first order of business. I'm 6'4 350lbs and those baby seats are tiny in that thing.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #23
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Ran errands for an hour this morning in my Z/28. Went to the grocery store. Smoked the tires pulling away from a stoplight, slowly rolling into the throttle when there weren't any other cars around. Never turned the radio on. Never scraped the front splitter. Still on the OE Trofeo R's.

It was glorious.
You are a bad influence, sir! Causing all these folks to want a Z/28 even more -- shame on you!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #24
andig

Drives: 2015 Z28
I use mine as a DD unless it is raining - I have kept the Trofeos on but if I needed to use it in the wet too, I would just put a slightly less aggressive set of tires on it.

I don't find the front splitter an issue either as long as you remember it is there going up angled driveways, ramps and over speed humps.

I find the car such an event to drive because it is so analogue compared to just about anything else modern you can drive. Zfatuated summed it up well above saying the car feels like it is made from a single piece of billet.

If any of you that are thinking of getting one are undecided because you actually need to use it as transport as well as just for fun, go and do it - You won't regret it.

Andy
andig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:38 AM   #25
Zslash28
Jumanji

Drives: '14 Z/28 - AGM - No A/C
I have been driving mine all week. Raining today and still drove into work. I want to get the most fun I can before the snow flies.
Zslash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:04 AM   #26
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Picked mine up Oct. 29th. Drive mine to work every day I can, once in the rain just gotta be careful. The snow/cold will be here real soon as well. I drove it 100 miles on Monday to visit my son so that he could see it as well. On the way back on the Interstate a black 7 series BMW all smoked out pulls up beside me doing 70, the passenger window comes down. 3 guys in their 30's eyes were bulging out of their heads, all three gave a big thumbs up. After 30 secs of checkin the car out, window goes up, and they motor on by. I also had to talk to 3 different folks at the gas station last night while filling up. The car is a beast and seems that most just can't get over it.... just like me :thumb up:
Oh, gonna take some HPD sessions next spring at the local track so that I can really appreciate what the car is capable of.
Naw, you don't wanna drive it on the street
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #27
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It used to be that a high-performance Camaro pulled out of the garage and raised hell in the streets. So many are limited to garage queens.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #28
razorz28

Drives: 2017 Jeep Rubicon, 2016 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It used to be that a high-performance Camaro pulled out of the garage and raised hell in the streets. So many are limited to garage queens.
Every where i go I see Camaros on the road.
2014 Z/28 Black VIN #176
razorz28 is offline   Reply With Quote