Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 02-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #4789
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grinder View Post
Devryn17 is correct about only white or amber on the front. I have amber halos that almost look red at a distance and I got pulled over. I think he realized what they were once he saw them up close but he stuck to his guns. I told him they were amber but he said they looked red. But nowhere in the statute is a pic showing which shade of amber. He still wrote me a repair order in which I sent back saying it was corrected. I haven't had any issues since but I do turn them off on I-19 to avoid the hassle in case the same highway patrolman is there again. I have passed numerous TPD and Pima County Sheriffs with them on and none of them have stopped me.
I don't think these are legal, but I would only want them for a photo, I also wish they were remote operated rather then motion.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Neon-LED-SMD...t_44911wt_1084
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM   #4790
bmrandall87

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6, CG on IO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transformed View Post
I went to Discount Muffler & Custom Exhaust at 4443 W. Ina. They were really professional - highly recommend them!
Perfect, thanks!
Modifications: K&N CAI, SLP skip shift eliminator, Eibach 1" lowering springs, Pfadt trailing arms, OBX longtubes, Magnaflow 3" cat-back w/ HF cats, JRE Tune, CGM heritage grille, black bowtie and IOM SS badges
bmrandall87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #4791
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
In transformers 2 in which I am pretty sure we have all seen, there is a scene in which they end up in the plane graveyard. I was wondering whether or not there was any way to get into the area in which it was filmed and have a group photo. I have been looking over website and after website but have only come up with dead ends. Any suggestions?
When I got may Camaro last year, one of my co workers said that her 8 year old some would love my car. I said "So he likes cars, huh? Yeah, I did as a kid, too." She said, "No, it's Bumblebee."

I had no idea what she was talking about. I said "Bumblebee?" She says, "You know, in the Transformers movie!"

She had to explain everything to me. How the Camaro was in that movie, it was yellow and called "Bumblebee."

I gotta get out more often.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #4792
Tamaras2SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
Got some things on the way, white bowtie inlays, and some gills with a set of new interior LEDS (Thank you, Troy for the inspiration on the LEDS)
I think the white inlays and gills will look awesome!!!
Tamaras2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #4793
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamaras2SS View Post
I think the white inlays and gills will look awesome!!!
Well the rear inlay is on... the front well was destroyed (My fault ...) .... the shape of our front bow tie is very difficult to match up to. I think I will have to find a shop and buy a sheet or two and cut it my self. the gills should be on tonight.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #4794
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Ok. Just faxed my registration form in.
Me too!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #4795
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Just got my welcome packet for the Oro Valley Blues Festival and Car Show (18 Feb). It says if we want to park together, we need to arrive together, so we'll have to arrange to meet for breakfast before the show.

Monthly Camaro Club Meeting next week (9 Feb); 7PM at Watson Chevrolet.

Cars & Coffee next Saturday (11 Feb); 8AM at La Encontada (Sunrise & Campbell)

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #4796
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
Greetings from cold Seoul, Korea. Just saw one of the original 2010 Transformers editions today and almost wanted to cry. Dings all over the place and rust starting to come out of the quarter panels. At least it was a Camaro but definitely not the ideal car over here.

Also, saw an Audi R8 V10 today. Its a shame that a true supercar is just stuck in traffic.

Seoul is nice, but I'm ready to get home to my car and nice weather.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #4797
Bodih
I Got My Orange Crush

Drives: it like I stoles it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotroost View Post
Greetings from cold Seoul, Korea. Just saw one of the original 2010 Transformers editions today and almost wanted to cry. Dings all over the place and rust starting to come out of the quarter panels. At least it was a Camaro but definitely not the ideal car over here.

Also, saw an Audi R8 V10 today. Its a shame that a true supercar is just stuck in traffic.

Seoul is nice, but I'm ready to get home to my car and nice weather.
I can't imagine driving a Camaro or an R8 on those roads! They probably bounced a few hundred bicycles off that Camaro. I had to drive a full-size utility truck over there, and took out several posts and signs. Hope your time passes quickly and you have a safe trip back. Buy yourself a leather football jacket and a few mink blankets while you're there! They're probably not as cheap as when I was there ('88).

My love is in league with the freeway. Its passion will ride, as the cities fly by, and the tail-lights dissolve in the coming of night. And the questions in thousands take flight ~Robert Plant - Big Log~
Bodih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #4798
Big Sis

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE 6M Victory Red
Quote:
Got some things on the way, white bowtie inlays, and some gills with a set of new interior LEDS (Thank you, Troy for the inspiration on the LEDS)
I was also inspired by the weekend in Laughlin and have a couple of items on order. I got the LED bulbs and the LED halos for the fog lamps and the knight rider light kit for the nose piece. I know the Kitt light is cheesy but I like it!
Big Sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #4799
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sis View Post
I was also inspired by the weekend in Laughlin and have a couple of items on order. I got the LED bulbs and the LED halos for the fog lamps and the knight rider light kit for the nose piece. I know the Kitt light is cheesy but I like it!
I don't think it is cheesy if you have it match your car, I got the LED domes in today, but can't find a place that sells vinyl by the square foot.. The blue is so dark yet you can still see everything. I just gotta get some new side stripes a tint and I should be done cosmetic wise.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #4800
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
I know the Kitt light is cheesy but I like it!
Big Sis, a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world... of the Big Sis Rider.

-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #4801
40years

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS Hyper Blue Met.
Quote:
I don't think it is cheesy if you have it match your car, I got the LED domes in today, but can't find a place that sells vinyl by the square foot.. The blue is so dark yet you can still see everything. I just gotta get some new side stripes a tint and I should be done cosmetic wise.
Try Auto Trim Design here in town. I know that they have it. Ask for Charles and tell him that Glen from Superior Steel sent you.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #4802
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40years View Post
Try Auto Trim Design here in town. I know that they have it. Ask for Charles and tell him that Glen from Superior Steel sent you.
We would recommend Charles as well. He installed the stripes on our car and did an awesome job. He's the best in town when it comes to vehicle graphics.