Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-29-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
Warhead

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
Twin disk with factory slave cylinder.....

For those with a twin disk setup, are you running a factory slave cylinder or aftermarket?

Which setup did you go with?

I currently have ACT twin disk with factory slave and a few times I really have to yank the stick to change gears, mostly when parked in gear and then started up. Driving it is ok but I can feel it taking a little more effort in and out of gears.
Warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
We desighned our clutch, the StreetSlayer to work with the STOCK system.The Street Slayer uses surface area not a HIGHER clamp load to hold the car,that way its easier for your system .
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #3
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Most clutches on the market are designed to be used with the stock slave. There hasn't been an aftermarket version released yet.
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

There are several aftermarket slaves,we just dont recomend them.They are not needed with a StreetSlayer
Old 10-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
For those with a twin disk setup, are you running a factory slave cylinder or aftermarket?

Which setup did you go with?

I currently have ACT twin disk with factory slave and a few times I really have to yank the stick to change gears, mostly when parked in gear and then started up. Driving it is ok but I can feel it taking a little more effort in and out of gears.
I was running an ACT twin, and had huge problems getting it into 2nd, 4th and 6th gears.

This was with the factory slave. I got a triple carbon Slayer from Hendrix, upgraded the slave with included parts and haven't had a single problem since... The ACT was worn out in just a few thousand miles, and it was like driving with a light switch... On or off...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:05 PM   #6
Warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I was running an ACT twin, and had huge problems getting it into 2nd, 4th and 6th gears.

This was with the factory slave. I got a triple carbon Slayer from Hendrix, upgraded the slave with included parts and haven't had a single problem since... The ACT was worn out in just a few thousand miles, and it was like driving with a light switch... On or off...
Don't have the 2nd, 4th or 6th issue but now thanks to you something tells me it may be coming, even though I am 200hp less than you.

My main problem is when I park and leave it in 1st + e-brake, sometimes when I start it its a bear to get out of 1st, on a flat surface too. Around town it does ok. This ACT is my second clutch. First was a Centerforce Dual Frictionbut it didn't hold whenever I put my foot into it. Had one in my 97 Camaro and loved it so I called Centerforce, told them my set up of @600hp at flywheel that was what they recommended. Would love to find that guy and smack him silly.

Just really not looking forward to a third clutch. Should have just left the car stock.

Wait......... WTH am I saying...........
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 PM   #7
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

When the time comes give me a call and we will get you a StreetSlayer and youll love the car all over again.The great thing is you can rebuild it when the time comes so you will always have a great clutch.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
uniqueskillz

Drives: ETMC built 700+hp Twin Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
Just really not looking forward to a third clutch. Should have just left the car stock.

Get the street slayer, slap it in, and call it a day.
uniqueskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #9
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Ram makes a replacement slave cylinder for the Camaro. I had mine installed a few weeks ago and my ACT clutch likes it MUCH better! Summit sells it for $495 I believe. It's billet, not plastic like the factory POS.

If you get the slave replaced, have the shop recheck the setup on the clutch. Mine wasn't spaced out correctly after 4000 miles and that may have helped the slave crap out. It feels MUCH better now that its been adjusted and the slave has been replaced.

My next clutch will not be an ACT after feeling the McLoud RXT. From what I've gathered, Hendrix's clutch is also a nice piece if you feel the need for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Warhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Ram makes a replacement slave cylinder for the Camaro. I had mine installed a few weeks ago and my ACT clutch likes it MUCH better! Summit sells it for $495 I believe. It's billet, not plastic like the factory POS.

If you get the slave replaced, have the shop recheck the setup on the clutch. Mine wasn't spaced out correctly after 4000 miles and that may have helped the slave crap out. It feels MUCH better now that its been adjusted and the slave has been replaced.

My next clutch will not be an ACT after feeling the McLoud RXT. From what I've gathered, Hendrix's clutch is also a nice piece if you feel the need for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info, what I been hoping to hear.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Most clutches on the market are designed to be used with the stock slave. There hasn't been an aftermarket version released yet.
I didnt word that correctly, I meant GM hasnt released the OEM slave for sale yet that I know of. Could of changed in the last few months.

There are several aftermarket slaves out there that work good.

Give us a call if we can help, we sell and install most all performance parts including slaves and clutches.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #12
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Running the Mcleod RXT with factory Slave. Though I did replace the slave with a new one when the clutch went in.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote