Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #225
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
why does GM do this ? first no bumble bee color .now no flat white color even though it looks like it's not just white it looks like a flat Pearl white . GM could make a profit off those
Quite the contrary I would think, unless they would start charging extra for those colors... Full stripdown on my original black car, repaint in white base layer, then several layers of the PBC30 Sunrise Gold (at 87 USD a quarter liter IIRC) and then the clearcoating, was around 22k USD (at the current EUR/USD exchange rate)...
Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #226
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Red rock vs crystal red

Red rock
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370004887.933786.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  76.5 KB

Crystal red
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370004912.135567.jpg
Views: 3243
Size:  81.7 KB
Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #227
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
One - the 'bumblebee' color requires several paint processes that cannot be made in an assembly plant that paints several car lines. Further, you may want to actually price the paint that was used on Bumblebee - (the primer, the tintcoats, the finish coats...) Incredibly expensive and no, we could not make a profit on it.

Same for the show-car white.

LOL... I may have just explained that in my previous post... I can see the Flat pearl white being a House of Kolor paint as well.

I do believe however that the Shimrin is sitll "acceptable for a custom color". As a comparison... the "chameleon blue" on my Tuscan cost me 1260GBP/liter for the photocromatic (flip flop if you want) paint only, a special black base coat was needed and then of course the clearcoat...
Old 05-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #228
velocity149

Drives: 2014 2SS RS LS3
I am not bs'ing, but when I first seen the chrome strip pictures, I was uphauled. But again. When I see it in real life, it is actually a lot nicer being able to walk around it and see it. It looks like a perfectly designed cr in real life when you get the full meant depth perception, etc.

Thank our veterans for peace today, Support our troops for peace tomorrow. RIP Dad, 1962-2012 SYOTOS
Old 05-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #229
swizz

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS Black
I honestly don't like the chrome pieces in front grille/ fascia.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:26 AM   #230
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
That 1LE looks hot!! The '14s look real good IMO.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Old 05-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #231
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Can the 14 hood fit on an 11?
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
Old 05-31-2013, 08:51 AM   #232
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Not a fan of the chrome.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 AM   #233
Raptor3141

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianskeet View Post
Not a fan of the chrome.
LOL!! Me either.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:39 AM   #234
xcarolina23

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Anyone else think that 1LE looks better than the Zl1? Still not a fan of the back either. I will wait to see in person but my gut tells me 2013 > 2014.

Photo Album:http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=11844

My Mods: Satin powdercoated wheels, CAI cold air intake with washer fluid tank relocation kit and scoop, Solo cat-back exhaust, jetsream blue G2 caliper paint, blacked out emblems and lights, Gorilla lock lugs, hydro-dipped fuse box cover and strut bar, jetstream blue SS emblems, engine cover, and cold air intake cover, replaced convertible top, and ABL under-dash/dome lights.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:46 AM   #235
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Great pics for comparison. I'm warming up to the refresh but I agree with the majority (here on this site) about the chrome strip. The hood vent is hot on that 1LE.

They did a 45th stripe delete option. How about a chrome strip delete on the RS pkg?
Better yet, delete it altogether and make it an LPO dealer installed option. I'm sure the take rate would be VERY low. That may require a different front bumper though. I'm sure there are attachment points molded into the bumper.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #236
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonemaro View Post
So Scott while we're at it what are you're thoughts on the new Impala
I'm delighted with it. I drove one to Cousin Tom's Grand Opening (so that he'd have an LTZ to show attendees...) - and the trip from Michigan to Pennsylvania very late at night was a real pleasure.

Library Quiet inside -- lots of soft surfaces and details that one would not normally expect. Tons of positive comments - including seven people at one of the Service Plazas on the Ohio Turnpike at 3:30am.......

I especially love a Black LTZ - the car looks very upscale.

Now - all that said - it doesn't mean a hill of beans what I think....rather, it's what YOU, our Enthusiasts think......

.......and I'll have one at Camaro5fest for you to test drive!

(...along with a Volt, a new Silverado, a Sonic, ..........)

(.......oh yeah, and some 1LEs and RS convertibles..........)

ANOTHER reason to join us at Camaro5Fest!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:01 AM   #237
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Quite the contrary I would think, unless they would start charging extra for those colors... Full stripdown on my original black car, repaint in white base layer, then several layers of the PBC30 Sunrise Gold (at 87 USD a quarter liter IIRC) and then the clearcoating, was around 22k USD (at the current EUR/USD exchange rate)...
Exactly - a very expensive process that cannot really be duplicated in a bodyshop that produces many cars in one hour.........

A rule of thumb: If it sounds like a really great idea and we're not doing it? There's usually one (or many) reasons for why we don't or can't.......

I say that because "Team Camaro" is chock full of rabid Camaro Enthusiasts.....
Old 05-31-2013, 10:07 AM   #238
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm delighted with it. I drove one to Cousin Tom's Grand Opening (so that he'd have an LTZ to show attendees...) - and the trip from Michigan to Pennsylvania very late at night was a real pleasure.

Library Quiet inside -- lots of soft surfaces and details that one would not normally expect. Tons of positive comments - including seven people at one of the Service Plazas on the Ohio Turnpike at 3:30am.......

I especially love a Black LTZ - the car looks very upscale.

Now - all that said - it doesn't mean a hill of beans what I think....rather, it's what YOU, our Enthusiasts think......

.......and I'll have one at Camaro5fest for you to test drive!

(...along with a Volt, a new Silverado, a Sonic, ..........)

(.......oh yeah, and some 1LEs and RS convertibles..........)

ANOTHER reason to join us at Camaro5Fest!
Dibs on testing the Volt Last volt I test drove was at a local chevy dealer. It was a demo unit, and they let me drive it probably one mile, then told me to turn around and head back to the dealership. I guess they didn't expect me to actually buy one or at least talk about my experience with it. Demo unit Respect for local chevy dealer down 2 points.

Closed Thread