Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-19-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Dynamite

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS XD
Anyone have LT Headers and an X-Pipe with NPP?

I have the NPP exhaust system and LT Headers.

I was wondering what an X-Pipe would do for me. I have found some contradicting statements when I looked through previous posts about X-Pipes. Some saw it adds rasp over the H-Pipe while others say it will give a lower tone.

Advice and sound clips would be great.
Dynamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Dynamite

Bump anyone?
Old 06-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
Jay5748

Drives: 2013 rs/ss
I'm putting long tubes with cats on my 13 ss with the dual mode exhaust. How do you like the sound of yours. Was there that much of an increase ( in other words would you do it again?). I run with the fuse pulled on mine.
Jay5748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #4
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay5748 View Post
I'm putting long tubes with cats on my 13 ss with the dual mode exhaust. How do you like the sound of yours. Was there that much of an increase ( in other words would you do it again?). I run with the fuse pulled on mine.
I'm doing the same thing soon too.
Just ordered my Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes and high flow cats (from Apex Chase) and I'll be attaching them to my NPP exhaust with H-pipe.
Looking forward to it, very interested to hear what it sounds like.
I'll be doing a before and after video once I get them.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #5
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Where bouts in Jersey are you? I'd to hear 'em in person once you get them on.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #6
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I have Kooks LT's and HF cats on my ZL1 and it's noticeably louder compared to stock especially on cold start up. Sounds great but louder. I recently added the ADM wireless exhaust controller that lets you close the valves or use the factory settings.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #7
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
I have kooks long tubes 17/8 resonated x hi flo cats muffler delete loud as hell not as raspy as factory l99 whatever pipe some drone on freeway at certain rpms but I like it load and abnoxious
Old 06-21-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
Dynamite

Quote:
I also have the fuse pulled. It is much louder overall and I do not regret it.

I used to have a 2LT with a loudmouth 1 and that was loud and gave me a headache, but the headers with NPP don't bother me at all.

Part of me wishes it was a little louder.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Jay5748

Campguy, I'm in West Essex county. Just ordered the kooks along with cats and a CAI intake from MarylandSpeed. I've been researching product and pricing since January. Decided against the coating of the headers. Holy s#*t, What a deal. Got everything for less then I was quoted for just a set of ARH's. know I have to decide whether or not to install the headers myself or have East Coast Supercharging do it before they tune it.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
Jay5748

Rockon- mildly aggressive cam. Any drivability issues at all?
Old 06-21-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
Jay5748

Dynamite- like I said I've researched the exhaust thing pretty thoroughly and everything points to using the existing H-pipe. There is apparently no gain with an X-pipe. Even the tuner I plan on using, who sells exhaust systems, advised me to not change the h-pipe out.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #12
Dynamite

Quote:
Dynamite- like I said I've researched the exhaust thing pretty thoroughly and everything points to using the existing H-pipe. There is apparently no gain with an X-pipe. Even the tuner I plan on using, who sells exhaust systems, advised me to not change the h-pipe out.
Thanks for letting me know.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #13
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Campguy, I'm in West Essex county. Just ordered the kooks along with cats and a CAI intake from MarylandSpeed. I've been researching product and pricing since January. Decided against the coating of the headers. Holy s#*t, What a deal. Got everything for less then I was quoted for just a set of ARH's. know I have to decide whether or not to install the headers myself or have East Coast Supercharging do it before they tune it.
Hey Jay5748 , Guess what ...we're neighbors, I live in Cedar Grove. Sounds like you got a real good deal Kooks, et al for less than just ARHs ... a no brainer. Check out Ideal Garage in Clark,NJ for the install. It's run by a Camaro guy ( he's the head of Central Jersey Camaros) who does great work for very reasonable price. Let me know once you've got them on as I would really like to hear them in person, or let me know if you'd like to meet before then. What color is you car as maybe I'll see it?
Attached Images

CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 04:14 AM   #14
Jay5748

Campguy.... Haha literally. I live and work in your town. I'm actually thinking of doing the install myself. It's a silver RS/SS convertible.