Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #1
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
I finally caught a Camaro in L.A

This is what happened ...........

Today around 3 o clock (PST) I was at school finishing up a project. This project was assigned three weeks ago, but today I had to go in just to put on the final touches. Anyways, I was at school since 10 in the morning, so while I am finishing up my project, my friend gives me a call. I dont pick up because I was on the final stages of the project and I didnt want anything disturbing me so I ignore it, but then he texts me. When I give him a call back, he tells me "Dude your dream car is here". I ask " What are you talking about ?", "What dream car ?" and he replies, "Dude its the RS Camaro you are always talking about. Its Orange and I am standing in front of it right now". So all of a sudden my jaw drops and I yell over the phone "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" He tells me its in a shopping center 8 miles away. So I carefully take directions from him, I run to my car and I just book it like there's no tomorrow from my campus parking lot.

While driving, I'm thinking to myself how can it be possible to have a Camro in L.A for testing. So as soon as I turn in to the Shopping Center, there it is, the beautiful one of a kind Camaro 2LT RS with IOM. I quickly park the car and start taking pictures. For a couple of times, I walk around the car, but I dont do it to much I dont want to look conspicuous. While staring at the car for five minutes, i decide to kill time by getting Jamba Juice. When I stepped outside, the driver of the IOM Camaro had still not appreaed so when I went closer to the vehicle, I notice a teddy bear in the back. I assumed right away that this guy was here with his family.

When I start walking back to my car thinking Ill stake out for the driver of the vehicle, I see a man walking up to the car opening the trunk of the car. I walk over to him and introduced myself to him ( So he wouldnt think Im a stalker or something) and let him know I am a Camaro FANATIC. I mentioned I was a member of 3 different Camaro forums and this car is an absolute dream car of mine. He appreciates my gesture we start to have a conversation. In the meanwhile, the drivers wife and kids come out from the Togos they were dining at and i greet them and I apologized for taking up their time.

I found out that the gentlemen who was driving the car worked for Kelly Blue Book and he was given this V6 IOM RS for a test drive. I asked him about his impressions and all he could do was just smile. He told me that he loved it and it was one of the best American car he drove. I asked him if I could sit inside of it and he was more than happy to allow me to sit in the drivers seat and there I was, In the All New Ass Kicking Camaro.

NOW THE REIEW ABOUT THE INTERIOR

When I first stepped in the vehicle, I noticed it was the Inferno Orange Interior Package but the door panels were black cloth, just like Scotts #130. The Seats were So awesome, I just couldnt beleive it. It really had nice look to it and it felt great to sit in. The way the car was designed, I can tell you how awesome of a job GM did making this vehicle. I remember reading in some of the reviews that the steering wheel felt weird, but I didnt really notice anything. It was just fine. Felling the interior panels ( first thing I did was touch it and ask opinions of it from the driver) and it felt just fine. Let me say that agian, it felt just fine. You dont have to worry, felt really high class. When I was feeling the nobs and what not, it seemed a little hollow, but i used to it like in 3 seconds because thats exactly how I felt when I first touched the nobs on my 08 Altima.

Anyways ............ I looked in the rear, and it didnt see to have too much room in the back, but enough where a young 1 - 6 year could sit in the back easily. You might be wondering about the headroom in the car. It did not have the moonroof, but I had plenty of space even with the seats adjusted pretty high. ( Im 6 foot 2 and I was real concerned about up till now) The dash does look amazing and the guages were the coolest thing about the interior. The shift had a nice feel to them and the speedo was real easy for me to read.

I asked him if he was going to get one, and he said he would, but it would be automatic just because she doesn't know how to drive stick. I asked him about the power of the v6. At first he was reluctant to drive it because it had a six banger, but he said it was stunning. He said he would not have a problem at all if he had to buy a v6. He also mentioned that the handling was real great. V6 GUYS, YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY, ITS AN AWESOME RIDE.

Now for what I didnt like:

The visibility. It wasn't a real big issue, but it was one. I didn't get to observe it too much but I can see becoming an issue with some people. Dont worry though, its one of those things you can get used to real quick. Beyond that, there really was no issue.

He did start the car up for me, and it had a nice startup sound and the exhaust was quiet, but i didnt care because if I was to buy a Camaro, I'd probably put in some magnaflows or something.

It was time for them to head out, and I thanked them again and again for letting me a chance with the Camaro. While getting in the car, the couple wished me the best of luck on getting my Camaro.

Boy I tell you, what a day .....................................

Now for the Pics (taken from my iPhone)

Old 04-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
thanks for the pics.

Last edited by Milk 1027; 04-04-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM   #3
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
That's a neat story, thanks for the review! What was that sign on the driver's door?
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
works for me, cool
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallysport View Post
That's a neat story, thanks for the review! What was that sign on the driver's door?
the sign said Kelly Blue Book on it
Old 04-04-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Very nice of him to pimp the car for you - envious

I'm kind of liking that IOM more and more, the more I see it.
Not so much in the shade, but it looks like it'd 'glow' in the sunlight.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
Tkc23

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM
one quick question,
did the IOM seem overpowering to you since it was on the exterior and interior?
Tkc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Slap some CGM stripes on that and thats my CAR!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #9
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
I would have liked to seen these make it to production.
Attached Images

2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #10
SandiCandi

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Thanks

Great review, we're jealous!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:00 PM   #11
Panther67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
L.A. Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
the sign said Kelly Blue Book on it
What part or area of the city was the camaro in fad1, i live in Northridge and have not seen a prodution camaro yet......:dr ool:
Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
Great review, how did it sound when he pulled away?
CDN SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #13
Camaro509

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
I would have liked to seen these make it to production.
As far as I know, the Tapshift did make it to production; just on the automatics
and L99 I think.

Fold for team 11108 to help find a cure!
Folding@home Stanford's Research DC Program.
Camaro509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #14
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro509 View Post
As far as I know, the Tapshift did make it to production; just on the automatics
and L99 I think.
he's talking about the paddles.

They switched from paddles to buttons on the Camaro.