Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
You can't go wrong with either Pfadt or Pedders sutff on your car. Both are great companies and stand behind their products 1000000%.

I was fortunate enough to get a great deal on Eibach springs and sways and I have to say I love the way the car tracks now. Normal driving is a bit more bumpy, but overall I'm thrilled with the way the car grabs the road and makes you feel like your in control. No body roll, ride height is lower by about 1.2-1.3" both front and rear getting rid of the nasty gap between the tires and fenderwell. No rubs, or complaints of any kind. Love the additions of the Eibach pro kit and anti-roll kit. Best mod so far to my car!

If I wouldn't have lucked into the Eibach kits, I would have gone with Pfadt or Pedders.

Good luck which ever way you go!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #16
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Pedders subframe Options

Pedders subframe Options

The rear ZETA II platform on the rear of the Camaro is one of the best systems on the market. It works and works very well. GM built the Camaro for performance and comfort and the systems work just fine for the majority of the 100,000 new 2010 Camaro owners that have bought this awesome ride.

Then there are those that want it better, and that is where Pedders comes to the rescue. With the OE subframe bushings this will allow your subframe to move approximately 1/2 in in all directions and when driving the Camaro in a very seriously way, you may be able to feel the Camaro back end "step out" in the twisties.

We offer not just 1 but 3 options for the subframe bushing upgrade. Here they are:

SPECIAL REVISION: THE PICTURES OF THE REAR SUBFRAME INSERTS BELOW SHOW THERE ISA SMALL AMOUNT OF GREASE BETWEEN THE INSERT AND THE OE BUSHING. FOR THE DIYer, THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO DO THIS. THRU SOME SERIOUS TESTING, PEDDERS HAS DETERMINED THAT GREASE IS NOT REQUIRED HERE AND THEREFORE WE ARE NO LONGER RECOMMENDING IT. NO PROBLEM IF YOU HAVE DONE GREASE. BUT WE DO NOT WANT GREASE ON THERE ANYMORE BECAUSE IT IS UNNECESSARY. SO PLEASE NOTE THIS WHEN REVIEWING THE PICTURES

These bushings are awesome and seriously easy to install and the perfect DIY job that will take 1 to 2 hours. I am working on a DIYer manual now. How do they work? there are lots of voids in these bushings. You can take a large screw driver and easily deflect the center ferrules with little effort. Without removing the exhaust, you lower the cradle just enough so the rear alignment pins are showing, remove the lower plates, and install the 4 different, specific bushing inserts, top and bottom, front and rear. With the Pedders EP1200 insert bushings installed, you are effectively making all 4 of the rear subframe bushings solid. Here is a picture of installation on each of the 4 different bushing inserts:

THE REAR LOWER PEDDERS SUBFRAME INSERT BUSHING

THE REAR UPPER PEDDERS SUBFRAME INSERT BUSHING

THE FRONT UPPER PEDDERS SUBFRAME INSERT BUSHING

THE REAR LOWER PEDDERS SUBFRAME INSERT BUSHING

Now for those seriously aggressive Camaros that are really pushing the hp upgrades, and taking taking the Camaro into the 7/10 area on a road coarse or autocross, not to mention the Drag Racers running drag radials, the rubber in the sub frame is not strong enough to hold the subframe tight, thus the rubber deflection can cause the "stepout" mentioned above. So we offer 2 solutions for the VERY SERIOUS

The molds for these 2 bushings are the same. The difference is the poly. I believe the raw poly material for the EP1201HD cost over $425-$450 a gallon. The EP1201HD is as solid as delrin, but does not have the wear problems delrin has. Here are those bushings:

You can see there is blue material on the outer jacket of the OE subframe bushings. The OE bushings are not only a press fit, but they are glued in as well

Here is how Pedders removes these bushings, which takes about 2 minutes start to finish:

REAR SUBFRAME BUSHING WITH PEDDERS CUSTOM MADE RECIEVER PLATE

OE BUSHING REMOVED AND YOU CAN SEE THE EYELET OF THE SUBFRAME

FRONT OE SUBFRAME BUSH REMOVAL WITH PEDDERS TOOL

FRONT OE SUBFRAME BUSHING REMOVED

PEDDERS SOLID REAR SUBFRAME FRAME BUSHING INSTALLED

PEDDERS SOLID FRONT SUBFRAME BUSHING INSTALLED

Now granted only a Pedders dealer is able to get this custom made tool. So there is easy alternative that should take under 10 minutes a bushing:
1. Drill a hole thru the OE subframe bushing
2. Using a Reciprical Saw with a fine skinny blade, cut out the core of the bushing
3. Then cut out a 1 inch section of the outer plastic jacket BEING EXTREMELY CAREFUL NOT TO CUT INTO THE EYELET
4. Then make another cut 180 degrees away
5. The outer jacket will come right out

Now remove all the blue glue with sand paper and remove any sharp burrs or edges that might be from the saw blade (NOTE: POLY CAN HANDLE A SLIGHTLY IRREGULAR SHAPE BUT POLY DOES NOT LIKE SHARP EDGES; THUS THE SANDING)

Now install the bushing halves, lubricate the center holes, install the ferrules then the lower plates and bolts, and raise the subframe back up making sure the alignment pins go into the new center ferrules. Torque the bolts and you now have the absolute best support for the rear subframe that you can get for any horsepower, and any kind of driving.

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions, just ask.

thanks
mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 04-22-2010 at 06:14 PM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
ENHANCING THE STRENGTH OF THE OE FRON RADIUS ROD BUSHINGS. EASY FOR DIY PROJECT

The Zeta II platform on the Camaro is outstanding. For those that want to enhance the front performance, we offer several upgrades to improving the performance of the front radius rod bushing.

EP6578 PEDDERS FRONT SNUBBERS FOR OE RADIUS ROD

This kit is seriously easy to install and requires very little dissassembly. It is the perfect job for a DIYer.

The best front radius rod upgrade involves pressing out the OE subframe bushing and pressing in our Pedders complete subframe bushing kit

The above picture shows the Pedders EP6577 properly installed and properly lubed

THIS PICTURE SHOWS YOU THE OE SNUBBER INSTALLED

THIS PICTURE SHOWS YOU THE OE SNUBBER PARTIALLY REMOVED

THIS PICTURE SHOWS YOU THE OE SNUBBER REMOVED

AS A NOTE, THE OE SNUBBER POPS OFF WITH A SCREWDRIVER!

THIS PICTURE SHOWS THE PEDDERS AND OE SNUBBERS

THIS PICTURE SHOWS THE PEDDERS SNUBBER INSTALLED

Again, the snubber offers the OE front radius rod bushing a huge amount of support and is a perfect job for the DIYer. A complete install manual will be available for this very soon.

If you have any question, just ask

mike
dms

Last edited by Info@PeddersUSA.com; 04-22-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
The way I'm doing it is starting at the subframe and work my way out to the control arms. Some of these videos have been super-educational. I'll be building the suspension and chassis of this car different than my last. Keep the pics'/videos/suggestions coming
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:09 PM   #19
Brokenlizrd

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Charcoal
Send a message via Skype™ to Brokenlizrd
thanks a lot all! more info please!
Brokenlizrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:31 PM   #20
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenlizrd View Post