Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
1968SS/RS

Drives: 1968 SS/RS 396 and 2013 ZL-1
Looking to Vent a bit!

I know I am not the only one with this problem however, I am tired of looking at my Z in the garage with the battery tender wire hanging out of the trunk and a cover on it! The temp's here have been any where from 9 to 20 degrees, the roads look like they have been covered with flat white paint due to the D.O.T. using straight salt on them for the ice and snow.
I know the the West Coast, Mid West and Southern guys will chime in and rub the nice weather and temp's in my face , Im just bored and needed to vent...........Hope everyone else that can is enjoying the holy hell out of thier cars
1968SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Sorry guy it was 53.here on saturday. Your getting the weathe were supposed to have. I guess we get snow tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I think we have a cold front moving in on Thursday. The temps should be around 70, the past week we have been in high 70's.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
1968SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
Move?
To move is a little extreme LOL, The winter usualy dosent bother me, if it snows enough I plow make some extra cash so on, this year its killing me because I got my car the end of july and was only able to put 400 miles on her due to the odd work hours i was delt this summer. To move has crossed my mind but at this point in life to pick up relocate away from family.................. to vent and cry a bit for 3 months or so is not too bad LOL
Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
1968SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I think we have a cold front moving in on Thursday. The temps should be around 70, the past week we have been in high 70's.
thanks I was waiting for the first warm temp reply LOL,
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1968SS/RS View Post
thanks I was waiting for the first warm temp reply LOL,
Welcome !!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 AM   #7
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
Quote:
I know I am not the only one with this problem however, I am tired of looking at my Z in the garage with the battery tender wire hanging out of the trunk and a cover on it! The temp's here have been any where from 9 to 20 degrees, the roads look like they have been covered with flat white paint due to the D.O.T. using straight salt on them for the ice and snow.
I know the the West Coast, Mid West and Southern guys will chime in and rub the nice weather and temp's in my face , Im just bored and needed to vent...........Hope everyone else that can is enjoying the holy hell out of thier cars
I'm right there with you. It's bad when there's a cloud of salt dust behind you when you drive! We got 4 inches of snow here last night and temps below zero later this week. Still 2 months minimum before I can think about opening the garage door....sucks!!!

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
Blown355

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
77 degrees today, 80 tomorrow.
Blown355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #9
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Well sun this weeks 75.....
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #10
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Quote:

I am. Bought mine on 01/02/13 and have over 1800 miles on it!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Tyler H
XLR8TNG

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Don't feel to bad. The forecast here starting tonight is snow with -13F which is -25C. It s supposed to hang along there for the next little while. I feel your pains though. I got my ZL1 delivered by flat deck on Boxing Day. It was dropped right in the garage. I have her covered and a tender also sticking out of her trunk also. I have not even heard it run yet nor do I even know if the stereo works. I passed some time installing a Roto Fab CAI and some cosmetics but now I have nothing else to do with it but sit and wait till spring. It is pretty normal to store your car here from November to April. Expensive toy for 6 to 7 months a year but soooooo worth it. If you have lived here all your life you know no different. Some day it would be nice to move to a warmer climate but I'm a few years away from that. It suits me fine just to look at it in my garage right now. At least I have it! In Canada it's extremely hard to even get a ZL1. In a city with well over a million residents there is under 15 ZL1's running around. 12's and 13's combined. I don't care about the weather. It is what it is! I just love having my ZL1!
Tyler H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #12
1968SS/RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
Don't feel to bad. The forecast here starting tonight is snow with -13F which is -25C. It s supposed to hang along there for the next little while. I feel your pains though. I got my ZL1 delivered by flat deck on Boxing Day. It was dropped right in the garage. I have her covered and a tender also sticking out of her trunk also. I have not even heard it run yet nor do I even know if the stereo works. I passed some time installing a Roto Fab CAI and some cosmetics but now I have nothing else to do with it but sit and wait till spring. It is pretty normal to store your car here from November to April. Expensive toy for 6 to 7 months a year but soooooo worth it. If you have lived here all your life you know no different. Some day it would be nice to move to a warmer climate but I'm a few years away from that. It suits me fine just to look at it in my garage right now. At least I have it! In Canada it's extremely hard to even get a ZL1. In a city with well over a million residents there is under 15 ZL1's running around. 12's and 13's combined. I don't care about the weather. It is what it is! I just love having my ZL1!
I hear ya, I love the fact of owning one, I know it gets way colder up in your neck of the woods!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #13
affox83
System Test Engineer

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1011
Trust me...I know what you mean. This is from this morning. Maybe April sometime it will be back on the roads.
Attached Images

affox83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #14
1968SS/RS

At least if we had the snow like you, I could plow and make some money for mods . Right now we just have the left over salt! like i said a reply back we are due for a mixed bag of crap this afternoon into tonight.
I think its great to be able to log into the site and get the input from the guys dealing with winter and the guys that can rub the warm weather in our faces .
I have to say the real kick in the butt is even when the snow melts and the temps rise you still have to wait for a good rain storm to wash the salt and sand off the roads, the tires on the Z are so sticky and pick up everything it would be like sandblasting the side of the car....... All that said its still better to have one in the garage and complain than not to own one at all!