Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Good wheel cleaning products for powdercoated Forgestars

Hi all. I recently had my Semi Gloss Black Forgestar's put on my car and am loving them a ton. However, lately I've been cleaning with just a pad and soap and dirt is still left behind. Was looking also at the Adam's Fender Brush for the tires along with the All Purpose Cleaner for the tire. However, I was wondering if the All Purpose Cleaner would hurt my powder coated surface. No clear coat on it I don't think, but I just want to avoid any contact of a product that could damage the powder coat in some way.

Would the All Purpose Cleaner which may ooze from my tire onto the wheel once I scrub it with the brush potentially damage the powder coated finish?

Are there any other good recommendations for powedercoated surfaces that would clean well or should I just stick to Adam's Shampoo as the soap?

When I had my stock wheels I just used shampoo and rinsed and the wheels looked great, but with the new black wheels, flaws can become more apparent and seen on the surface due to its color. Any help is appreciated.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
APC won't hurt powdercoat, as long as you use it when the wheels are cool to the touch and you never allow any cleaner to dry on the surface.

Car Wash Shampoo is perfect for routine maintenance cleaning. If you need something a little stronger, Green Wheel Cleaner fits the bill.

If they need heavy cleaning where they get really dirty or you have a lot of brake dust to take care of, Deep Wheel Cleaner should be your weapon of choice.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 06:29 PM   #3
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Thanks for the response. Okay cool then I will order this weekend. Thanks again.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote